It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Urine Screening
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Does anyone know if the Drug Screens used most of the time include Tramadol (Ultram)? I am supposed to get my first prescription tomorrow and I really didn't know that my prescription for Tramadol was a no-no.
I have a post in another forum because I am not exactly sure if this is a better place for this question?
The woman who set me up with the Dr, knows my Sponsor really well and told me that all I have to do is test positive for Suboxone and nothing else, but it just hit me that I took 50 of Ultram on Saturday and I am being tested on Tomorrow. I really can't afford to mess this up so if anyone has any advice I would really it take to heart.

Post subject: Tramadol Test
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Most of the time, just like with Suboxone, Tramadol must be specifically tested for. It will not show positive on the typical five or ten panel tests. I can tell you that I have had a test in the past show negative even though I had taken Tramadol in the past couple of days. That said, it is most likely your best bet to just be honest and tell them BEFORE they test you that you had one of the pills. It's been my experience that if you are honest about things it will work out better for you. In fact my Suboxone doc even made that comment to me that at some point I may slip, or relapse and that the most important thing is to just be honest with him. He evidently will value hearing it from me than seeing it on the test. Then again, the chances are in your favor that you will test negative anyhow.

The most important piece to all of this is your recovery. BE HONEST. Be honest with yourself first of all and then with those taking care of you. There is no reason to just go through the motions with any of this. Being honest with your providers will help them better take care of you.

However, rest easy. You will likely be fine on the drug test.

Post subject: Re: Tramadol Test
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you SO much for the Reply. ) I think I will go ahead and just bring my prescription of tramadol in with me and explain to the doctor so there are no mixups. I mean I barely ever take this med.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:56 am 
So what happened?

Post subject: Re: ?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jdhammond1982 wrote:
So what happened?

Hi! My Urine was clean, Suboxone only! I got a week of Suboxone 8mg twice daily just like I told them I was taking. After my "trial" week I will get a full month the Doctor said. Very cool person she was, actually the nurse and the Doctor both were very nice. I am just so relieved that is over with.

I looked at the Cup which contained the Urine test and it was a regular 10 panel test Nothing to do with Ultram, and I was so relieved. I have to admit I chickened out on bringing in the bottle to show her like someone had suggested I do as part of being honest but I got scared. Later on when I thought about it, it just didn't seem like such a good idea because it really would require a whole different test and after all I didn't know who this Doctor was or what kind of person I was dealing with, after all they might have kicked my ass out the door for all I knew for bringing in an Opiod medication. Whatever- I didn't know.

Even though my girl and I are on the outs and I feel down about that, over all I actually feel like I had a very blessed day;)

Post subject: drug test for best buy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey guys,

on the online application process, best buy said they would test for in the drug test: marijuana, opiates, cocaine, amphetamines, phencyclidine. Will suboxone show up on the test? I do not want to tell them I am prescribed to it as they will immediately know that I am a recovering addict and do not want them to hold it over my head, on the other hand, if it will show up, I rather let them know before hand so I definitely get the job.

Thanks so much, I appreciate everyones advice and input!!

aoooow wolfman

heres to 40 days of being totally sober!! yahoo for H2O!!

Post subject: No
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:32 pm 
You are in the clear, Suboxone must be specifically tested for. It will not show up in a standard test for opiates. You're just fine, you don't have to tell them anything. Hope that helps!
JD

Post subject: Re: No
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jdhammond1982 wrote:
You are in the clear, Suboxone must be specifically tested for. It will not show up in a standard test for opiates. You're just fine, you don't have to tell them anything. Hope that helps!
JD

I guess it's okay that I am now on Baclofen for spasms. It's only been about a week that I have been taking 5mg 3x a day and the other benefit my Medical Doctor said was that Baclofen helps the craving of Alcohol as well. I don't know what the Suboxone Doctor will think since when I look it up the word SOMA seems to always be in the same sentence. Any thoughts on this?

Just wanted to say you guys have been great for the help and information you have given me. Suboxone is such a good med I don't see my self getting off it for a quite a while.
I See my Psychiatrist again this Wednsday.

Post subject: Sorry
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:22 pm 
Sorry I personally know nothing about baclofen....but make sure you know for sure before it's time. Good luck.
JD

Post subject: Re: Sorry
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jdhammond1982 wrote:
Sorry I personally know nothing about baclofen....but make sure you know for sure before it's time. Good luck.
JD

Muscle relaxer in the same class as Soma apparently. A skeletal muscle relaxant. I don't see it coming up as anything on as far as a the screen goes it would have to be a unique toxin screen just like Tramadol or Suboxone I would imagine. I Know, I have never heard of Baclofen until just over a week ago.)
Thank you!
JL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks jd! i appreciate your help, everybody is so helpful!