It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Urine Retention?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I used to be on 8mg sub once a day and used to have to give a urinalysis for probation and had to pee so bad but never could (it would take FOREVER). It got to the point where my PO thought I was just stalling because I had a hot urine which was never the case. I decided to look it up and it says that opiates can cause urine retention making it hard to "start" peeing. Years later I'm now on 4mg sub and it's starting again. And only a little comes out so I always feel the need to pee. It's not a bladder or urinary tract infection (as I've had my fair share of those). I came to sub from methadone and it never happened with methadone (wonder why?) Has/does anyone else suffer from this? Is there anything I can do or just deal with it?

Post subject: Re: Urine Retention?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:39 pm 

Hi PB,

I guess no one has had the same side effects as you. Whether or not it's related to the Suboxone is unknown. If you were a man I'd say have your prostate checked. Assuming you're a woman, the only suggestion is to speak with your doctor for advice on what to do. You may need to see an Urologist if your family doctor can't figure it out.

As far as not being able to pee in front of others, that is very common. I can't do it either unless I'm drunk or drugged.

Sorry you didn't get any good responses.

r

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have had similar effects with sub (not other opiates for some reason), where I go to pee and have to concentrate really hard to make it happen, even if I'm busting. It comes and goes though, mostly I don't have to deal with it.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yep. I'm the same on Bupe. I really need but when I go it takes a good while to coax it out. Same when I was taking pills.

Now I've started to reduce I've noticed I HAVE to go and it's WHOOOSH!!

Anyways, enough :shock: lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

When I was on oxy I would realize I needed to pee then run to the toilet and start pissing myself before I got there. Heh.
Other way round is better. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

mirand wrote:
I have had similar effects with sub (not other opiates for some reason), where I go to pee and have to concentrate really hard to make it happen, even if I'm busting. It comes and goes though, mostly I don't have to deal with it.

Same here, it's not a HUGE deal and doesn't happen every single time, but still annoying when you're being rushed to go somewhere and have to say "STFU I'm trying to pee first!" Haha

Thanks everyone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on bupe for 11 years (currently at 16mg) and I have the same issue. Its only started within the past year or so. I literally have to relax and sit for a min....funny, I never thought it was from the bupe! But yeah....it all makes sense now!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The subs affect my ability to pee drastically. I noticed this while on other opiates, but Suboxone takes the cake. I have only taken sub's for four days now, so I haven't had to pee in a cup with the subs in my system.

But this week has been a trial just peeing (I won't even talk about constipation or sex drive). I kid you not, I have had to really put in an exorbant amount of time just to piss.

I think I'm on the upper end of those affected by plumbing problems while on opiates. I can see a bottle of pills and my butt hole puckers up and my bowels turn to cement. So I feel your pain man. Here are two things that help me go pee:
1. I sit dowm while going. This will cause a few giggles from the tough guys on this board. Sitting down is especially handy at home on your own toilet. If you are forced to these measures at the clinic, just be sure you cover up the seat and what not.
#2. Turn on the water faucet and close your eyes. Pretend you are standing on the banks of Niagara Falls taking a whiz. Both these methods really help me believe it OE not. If neither work you can have double your money back!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:45 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

sublime wrote:
The subs affect my ability to pee drastically. I noticed this while on other opiates, but Suboxone takes the cake. I have only taken sub's for four days now, so I haven't had to pee in a cup with the subs in my system.

But this week has been a trial just peeing (I won't even talk about constipation or sex drive). I kid you not, I have had to really put in an exorbant amount of time just to piss.

I think I'm on the upper end of those affected by plumbing problems while on opiates. I can see a bottle of pills and my butt hole puckers up and my bowels turn to cement. So I feel your pain man. Here are two things that help me go pee:
1. I sit dowm while going. This will cause a few giggles from the tough guys on this board. Sitting down is especially handy at home on your own toilet. If you are forced to these measures at the clinic, just be sure you cover up the seat and what not.
#2. Turn on the water faucet and close your eyes. Pretend you are standing on the banks of Niagara Falls taking a whiz. Both these methods really help me believe it OE not. If neither work you can have double your money back!

Hahaha that's awesome (butthole and cement).. Ironically, I have diarhea every morning and been on subs for 3 months now (I think it may be the antibiotics I'm taking though). I'm a girl so I do sit, and I do exactly what you do.. Turn the faucet on and imagine a waterfall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:55 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yep I've been having the same issue, off and on. I have to totally clear my mind, sometimes turn on the water to make it happen. My legs usually fall asleep, seriously, from sitting there so long. When I go to the docs I save going to the bathroom so I'm READY like no other! haha I give them my money and say I'm running to do the urine sample! Even then I still have trouble sometimes! I had the issue when I was on probation many years ago, it didn't matter what I did, I could NOT pee with someone watching. So eventually they'd just let me go on my own, thank God!!! Glad to see its not just me that has this issue!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I also started having urine retention issues once on subs 8/2 mg twice daily.It started after 8 months or so of use. got so bad I finally went to a urologist who prescribed Flomax and soon began to pee like a 20 year old.So I do feel this is a side effect of the meds