It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:50 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am going back on sub's after trying Fentanyl patches which I failed miserably using too many and even finding other stuff to take so much for being ready. Anyway I took my patch off yesterday about 1pm. I's miserable but am I miserable enough? Was on bup before for like what years, 8 plus 10 am so foggy right now I can't think. I am scared to take the sub if I am not bad enough but it is here and I can't wait to take it, but I don't want to make myself worse at this point. Advice please, I am scared shitless right now. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You need to be in moderate withdrawal. If you are, start with small amount of sub like less than 1mg approx. wait an hour minimum. This is to test the waters and try to avoid precipitated withdrawal. Try another 1mg and wait another hour. Repeat until you feel better. This is my unprofessional advice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:38 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Glenbee,
I wanted to thank you for the advice, it did see to work. I started with 1mg then started praying and took another 1mg two hours later, I was still the same, no worse no better so took a risk and took 2mg, then about an hour later I started feeling better. Called the doc, he told me to take another 4mg and that did it. I feel alive again. Looks like I will be on this for life, but at least it is here for me. After 8 years of a high dose and three trying to get off, I guess I have to accept my disease and stay on, I would not be where I am now if I had not had SUB

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think you have made an excellent choice getting on Suboxone long term. It is lifesaving medicine to help with addiction. It is great to hear stories of people switching over so smoothly to suboxone without any problems. I too made an easy switch from prescription medication to suboxone. And now that it has worked so well in my life, I have chosen to stay on Suboxone long term.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:14 pm 

Hi Cam,

Great advice from Glen, glad it worked out for you. It is hard to accept the fact that you can't get rid of the addict part of the brain. I too went off Sub a few years ago for medical reasons and eventually ended up right back in the fire. Got back on my life saving Sub and thanked my lucky stars that it was available.

You will know deep down when you are ready (if ever) to stop taking Sub. Then you have all the tools needed right here for a slow and steady taper.

Good to have you back and healthy again.

rule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Cammiek, I'm glad you got back on with no issues and I fully support doing whatever is necessary to stay alive and off the sh*t. I see you got a new forum started too, nice!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yay! Great idea on idea for new lifers discussion board! We got it! Thanks