It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello to all. I'm Lisa. It took forever to decide to post here. I'm going through so many different emotions and even though I know Im not alone, I feel like a weak, inferior, loser for even posting right now. I don't know what to do except to put how & what I'm feeling out there before I re-think it & chicken out. Ok. In a similar way, I have been here, done this before. There are a few differences this time. After being on Suboxone for 10+yrs. Going from 16mg.(first 7 yrs) to 8mg.(4 yrs) to 4mg.the last 2 yrs. I've been having extreme financial difficulties lately, & have missed scheduled appts. Never thought it that big a deal, & was proud of the fact that I could make a 30 day supp last two mths. I was prescribed 8/2mg.half twice/day, but would manage on a half once/day. Went to dr.appt. last Sat. 10-31 & after I paid only $50 of the $180 office visit, I was told that I had "lost my slot with them" due to missing my last mths.appt. Then I notice she has all these print outs of every time I got my Sub.at the pharmacy. She made a comment about having broken my contract by getting meds from another doctor. Then I remembered when I once noticed my last doctors name was on a script from my current doctor. I tried to explain, but did no good so I called my pharmacist, explain to him what I thought happened & sure enough he checked & found the mistake. After he call my doctors office the receptionist calmed down quite a bit & had a change in attitude, but returned from the back office saying the doctor still could not see me. I hung around till they weren't busy & begged to just speak with the doctor. My regular doctor, I'd known for 10 yrs.wasn't in that day so I had to see a man I had only seen only once before. He was so rude, unconcerned, & basically called me a liar when I told him the pharmacy had just called to straighten out the mix up. He blamed not giving me any meds on the office mgr. I asked if he could give me a weeks worth & I'd come back to pay the balance & ger rest of my script...he said no. I'm sorry, I'll wrap this part up. They suggested the ER, & that I call MHMR (which I did for earliest appt. June 14) & ER said they couldn't write a script for Suboxone, but gave me twenty Percocet 10/325. I tried calling them, having my brother call cuz I couldn't stop crying, but they wouldn't even return our calls. Last time I called I said I couldn't believe they would send me away with nothing, to detox cold turkey. She replied that no, that's not what they do,ever. I can't afford a first time visit fee with a new doctor & here is the worst part, the reason why I feel like I'd rather be dead than go through this without something for the withdrawal, or do a slow, safe, humane taper.....I have until Monday (3 days) to be packed up and moved out of my house!!!! Don't have storage for my things, a place to stay, hardly any money. This is a nightmare from hell if your life is running halfway ok, but to me this is too much, to try to accomplish while feeling this bad. What can I do? I can't handle this. I know it's been done but im wore out, & idk what I can do, but I know this is not gonna work. Please, any advice how to get even two days worth to help get done what I need to get done? Thank you everyone for any advice, or help you have to offer. God bless.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Let me rephrase that one question....didn't mean it that way. Somehow, God only knows how, I went from posting my first time to a page with a warning about buying, selling, or trading meds. here. That is not at all what I was asking or suggesting in.my previous post. I apologize for any confusion my wording of the question may have caused. I just meant what options do I have at this point? Is it true the ER cannot write a script for Suboxone to either taper off or tide me over till I can get into an office visit? Apologizes again everyone. God bless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Kirby

Im sorry to hear about all the shit your going through at the moment.
I don't live in your country so don't know much about rules and regulations of hospitals etc. Can you go back to your regular doctor instead of the prick one you saw?
You mentioned a brother, is he able to help with the funds and or moving house, and do you have any other family/friends support?

So sorry I cannot help, I just wanted to reply to let you now Im sending positive vibes your way and wish you all the best.
This is really good support group and im sure someone will be online soon who may be able to offer some helpful advice.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:59 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi and welcome Lisa,
I'm sorry all this is happening right now and I appreciate moving house is certainly quite stressful in and of itself. I am not in America so cannot offer any specific answers. I can only suggest what I would do if I were in your shoes. I would write down all the sub DRs in your area and call them yesterday! Would you be eligible for any type of payment plan or do they require money up front? Perseverance will find you a new DR. In the interim, if you are scared of WD, nominate someone close to hand out the pills and stretch them out as long as possible. Be careful! This is just another bump in the road but you will be ok. I appreciate money is an issue but try to stay positive. I'm curious how much you can expect to pay for the initial appointment as well as monthly expenses? Please stay in touch Lisa, we are here to support you!
We would also love to hear a little more on your history and what led you to suboxone.
Take care and stay in touch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:05 pm 

Kirby welcome to the forum and I'm so sorry it's under these horrible circumstances.

There's so much going on in ur life right now, this has to be unbelievably stressful. I don't even know where to start really. First of all, I do think u were doing excellent with making ur dose last and I do understand not wanting to go to ur regular appointments because u still had medicine and were financially strapped. That's completely understandable. Unfortunately if u go somewhere like I do, u have to show up 28 days to the day regardless or it's a rule violation. So if that's what ur doctors office is kicking on, then I guess in their eyes ur spot got taken away.....but I do NOT agree with that, especially since u have been there for ten years! Good grief, couldn't they just give ya a warning or pull ya in and talk about what was causing the issues and fix it?? This turning ppl away for one mess up with no forgiveness is ridiculous to me. They should have just simply told ya what their problems were and give u a second chance. Now because of their strict ass rules, ur taking Norco because ur turned away and in desperate fear of withdrawal. What I would do is talk to the doctor that u have a relationship with, the Dr that u have saw for ten years. Show up there and wait all day if u have to, but u need to talk to that doctor. Be 100% honest with him/her and I don't see a reason in the world why he would turn u away. Having a relationship with a Dr that long is huge, u aren't some new patient, u have established trust and that's gotta count for something.

I know what it's like having to pay huge amounts and get financially behind. I don't have insurance and I pay cash and have been for almost four years. I make sure that I have $500 every month. I get no discounts for being there for as long as I have. I pay $350 every month and that's how it'll be as long as I'm there. The rest of that money goes to getting my medicine. It gets tough, there's times I think about everything I could be doing with that much money, but in the end I also know what my consequences are if I don't. And no amount of money is worth how my life used to be. But I completely get it and I understand how hard it is. Please go talk to ur Dr, that's the absolute best advice I can give u. It's ur life and ur worth everything!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:36 pm 

Hi Lisa, Welcome back! Your regular doctor...will he be back tomorrow? I would start with him. You have a positive history with him. Call tomorrow am and ask to speak with him directly. I am sure they will tell you he is busy, but leave your number and wait for his call. Do you know what time he would stop seeing people or what time he would have free to call you? If you don't hear from him then go to the office and request to see him. Hopefully he will help. Or, maybe ask your pharmacist to make the call to your regular doctor. Maybe if he can explain that it was their error, you can get your script. I know some states have these crazy regulations regarding suboxone and methadone. I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I would imagine that if you have to start with a new doctor, it is going to cost you even more money. Please let us know how you make out. I will be thinking about you and if you are ok with it, keeping you in my prayers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank u guys so much. U concern and advice is priceless to me. U r right, I know IF I could talk to MY doc, he would never do this to me or want me in this impossible situation. Problem is, he's gone for a week. So he won't be available in any way until next Tues. A week & a day from now. Seriously, its so bad that I am afraid of what I might do. I have been to 5 different ERs, got 20 Percocet, 12 Norco over last week, they helped but very little. And I hate those pills, & didn't ever want to take them. Was great on my Suboxone. Now I have until tonight midnight to be moved, water has been turned off, cant even bathe, flush toilet, wash hands. My husband has a warrant for a ticket for burning trash in city limits ticket we couldn't pay. Cops came inside my house, gun drawn, luckily husband wasn't here. They come every other day, banging on doors. I have warrant for no insurance ticket, so I am going to end up in jail probably and I mean I just can't do this. Id rather be dead, than this shit. Its more than I can do. I live in such a small town, there's not even a grocery store here. It's all about money. If I had money I could go into Austin, see a doctor. Right now, I have less than $5. If I got a script, my pharmacist would let me have a day or two and pay later. I just need the script.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:22 pm 

I am so sorry that this is happening to you Lisa! I wish there was some way to help! I will do the only thing I can that may help you...PRAY!