It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay, so I've been in the construction field (industrial plant) for 10 years. I have been on suboxone for at least 6 of those years. I have taken probably over 100 drug screens when you add the ones I have to take for my sub Doctor. I have started a new higher up position a year ago for an industrial foreman in a gas facility. I have randoms being taken soon. From what I understand they have someone come up to the facility and administer them in the bathroom. I always get a lil paranoid when I think that they COULD have added suboxone to the testing panes. You know, with the bad press (unfounded bad press. Should add) suboxone sometimes gets, I always fear they could take something off such as Barbituates or tricyclics (whatever those are because I've not met one person who has ever failed for that), and swap it for suboxone. However I still have yet to see one employer test for buprenorphine. I have a valid RX, but you just never know with strict facilities. I never get impaired and I use it just lik my doctor says.

Anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone has actually started to see BUP on 12 panels, or pre employment drug screens?

Only place I have ever seen it was from my doctor, and that's because he specifically has them made that way. It's part of the "12 panel". I can't think of the name of the drug testing kit, but I can find out very easily. I know that for the past 1 years I have yet to see it, but has anyone else? I am in construction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. IT would be a shame if they started making sub users feel as if they couldn't get good jobs for following Dr's orders as some jobs are labeled "sensitive areas" that do not allow it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bupe is not part of a "12 panel". Your doctor may have worked with the lab to build his own 12 panel, (picking the specific drugs he wants testing done for) but all pre fab (if you will) 12 panel tests all test for the same 12 drugs and Suboxone isn't apart of it. If someone wants to test for suboxone they need to specifically test for it as it isn't apart of a regular test.

I would also think that they couldn't fire you for having a valid RX for something that you need health wise. And I bet your doctor could write you a letter to give to them saying that it doesn't get you high, if there would happen to be an issue (which I would doubt). But I do understand your concern.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes, that's what I went on to explain. My doctor specifically made them that way. It's a "twelve-panel" and one of them is BUP (because he made it that way, via customization).

So no one has really seen this for an employer? I have yet to see or hear anyone getting tested for BUP for an employer.

As far as I go, it's my practice to never disclose of my bup, unless I am absolutely forced to. It's really none of their business. But if they were to ever test for my BUP, I would try fighting it(saying I have a valid RX)... But they can say my meds may make me impaired. And I'm sure they can pull the "he worked around heavy machinery).... However my doc should be able to explain it doesn't I pair me at the dosage I take.

Thanks for the reply. Anyone else? Has anyone seen this on a employer drug screen?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Anyone else? Has anyone seen this on a employer drug screen? No

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you both for giving me your experiences. Hopefully people will use suboxone the way it was intended. The last thing we need is any more stigma.