It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi There,

Just wanted to give an update on my taper while taking a week off of work. I started at 20-22mg a day, which is 2 1/2- 2 3/4 pills a day of generic sub. I was a slave to taking it every 4-5 hours, so I was dosing 4-5 times a day, which was ridiculous. I was fighting off the anxiety spikes when my body was anticipating a dose. Well, I am on day 4 now where I am taking:

12 mg a day
3 times a day.
1/2 pill at 8am
1/2 pill at 1pm
1/2 pill at 8pm

So far it hasn't been so bad and I feel better overall. I have decent amount of energy and the spikes of anxiety at 10am and 3-4pm where my body is expecting a dose is getting less and less. I haven't had any major shakey feelings like I usually get, but I have been isolating myself and i think social anxiety brings it on. We'll see what happens when I go back to work and start hanging out with my family this weekend. I 've had the typical crushing headaches, some anxiety, diarrhea of course and massive waves of nausea. I'm taking Calm Support in the morning and at night, which is vitamins and minerals to support withdrawal.

I have a feeling I will be hurting worse in a few days, probably when I go back to work on Monday, but I'll just have to deal and get thru it. I didn't think I could cut out an entire pill but I think I'm still at or above the ceiling effect. Most of all, I am excited that the dose I am on now may be low enough for my hair to stop falling out. Talk about SCARY for a women!

I read some posts about people not being able to pass drug tests for new jobs while on sub and it has me pretty worried because my company has started a big layoff process. Would I really not pass a drug test? I was on a low dose of sub when I started at my company and they never said anything, I got the job. And it's at a BIG utility company, so I am wondering the types of companies that would deny employment. Shouldn't it be okay as long as it is prescribed? It's not at though it's medical marijuana where federal law still prohibits its' use despite state law. Thoughts??? Since our layoffs will start in early 2016, it's even more motivation to taper, taper, taper.

Thank you for all your support!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:19 am 

Good job Steph!

Twelve mg is still way above ceiling level so no worries there. U will adjust more and more with ur drops, give urself a little bit of time and u will forget about those extra times u dosed. Sounds like ur already getting used to it. Sorry to hear about ur hair, gosh that had to be scary. Hopefully that'll stop completely. I went from 12 to 8 pretty easy. It was anxiety that caused me to put it off as long as I did. But if u can just fight through that anxiety, in time u won't even think about it.

Have a wonderful day, just wanted to tell ya good job on the taper so far. I know u are trying really hard, keep up the good work :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you so much for your post! I have read that the ceiling effect was somewhere between 12 and 16 mgs.
Is that wrong? I haven't had any major meltdown w/ds
Since I started the taper this time. But I noticed during the first 5 days I was alone it was a lot easier to keep to the 12 mgs. The last two days I've been around family and it's been extremely hard to stick to that dose, dealing with social anxiety and withdrawals is super hard, especially the anxiety. I took an extra 4 mg yesterday but I do not want to backpeddle so I am resisting today and my skin is crawling until my next dose! I noticed before being on such a large daily dose gave me anxiety exactly 4 hours after each dose because that's how often I was taking and it's so much better to have cut out two dose times. I want to eventually cut the afternoon dose out altogether to I only take twice a day. But I'm making progress. I sure hope my hair stops falling out. I've been slathering on the Rogaine and it stopped the bleeding...I wish I had thought of it sooner.

I'm pretty proud of myself so far and I rarely say that about myself. The only thing I really worry about it gaining all the weight I've lost while on subs...40 pounds! I hope I don't get huge again. A side benefit is that is kept my compulsive overeating in check. We'll just have to see what happens.