It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Congrats
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 pm 

You are doing so good broseph since you started this thread. Like Karen said, by you be able to go down to .25 then it gives me hope too. I've never been below 1 mg so I can't say what will happen once I do.

Thanks for posting this very uplifting thread for all of us to see.

rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello friends,

I'm currently at .1667 and will probably be going to .125 soon as after 4 days at .1667 I noticed no change in how I feel. Same sleep, no WD symptoms at all. The easiest drop so far in going from 1mg to .25. I tried to go to .125 1x a day but dosing so low, only 1 time a day was causing me to either be yawny/have minor WD symptoms during the day, or not be able to sleep well. So I've been doing .125 in the morning, .0625 in the evening. This week I will be moving to .0625 in the morning and .0625 in the evening. I'm almost home!

Truly, I think that if you took all of my sub away from me today I would be able to get through the hard part in a few days. I went an entire day without taking my .125 morning dose and felt a little tired and lethargic but it wasn't too bad at all. I know those symptoms would build to day 4-5 and then begin to drop off, but it really wasn't bad at all. As I've said many times before; I just want to make it as easy as possible and am in no rush.

Exercise, exercise, exercise for all you fellow taperers out there... can't stress it enough.

The current plan is to go to .125 by weeks end, probably stay on that until mid-may, then go to .09375 for ~2 weeks. End of May go to .0625. Stabilize on that for 2 weeks and start spreading doses out through June, with a jumpoff at .03125 beginning of July.

The hardest part of this so far was getting from 1mg to .25. That is where I experienced the most challenging aspects of the taper, as is to be expected. But if you go slow, EXERCISE BEFORE DOSING, you can do it with minimal discomfort and a few shitty nights of sleep at each drop.

Good luck everyone. I'll check back in when I'm down to .09375.

Thanks for the support.

PS. Just so you guys don't think I'm a douche, Karen had also privately messaged me about helping her with a taper and I responded to her concerns there. So I didn't ignore her. I just ignored rule ;)
Thanks again for the positive words man, you can do this too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Broseph!

Good to have a progress report on you! I love hearing from people who are in a similar situation as me. I am currently tapering and have gotten down to 1mg. I don't know how long I'm going to be here, I still don't feel great on this dose. Mornings are really tough for me but after dosing I have several hours without pain and I try to accomplish whatever I need to for the day during these hours. My sleep is ok...It's just those morning hours that are tough. I have been thinking about splitting my dose but I'm afraid the smaller dose in the morning won't knock out my pain, I'm sure it would be better in the long run if I could just get past the first couple days that way. Grrrr....stupid addict brain.

You mentioned excercizing before you take your dose. I knew that excercise was good while tapering and WDing but what is the benefit you have found to doing it before a dose. You have my curiosity sparked...

Great job on your taper dude...I know it's not easy.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I did the math wrong on my previous post. I'm at .1875. Small mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.

qhorse, i would recommend taking .5 in the morning and .5 at night. Best way to do this is to actually dose up one night. Take your 1mg in the morning, then take .5 at night. Next morning take .5 and .5 that night and I'm guessing you'll be adjusted. You'll have a much more even dose of sub in your system.

As far as the exercise thing, I've just noticed that if I do it before my morning or night dose, I will hardly even feel like I need the dose. I do it anyway to maintain a schedule, but on days I don't exercise my body seems a little more ancy to get dosed. I don't have any scientific evidence that there is a correlation, but I feel it, and that's good enough for me. I think when our brains are a little opiate deprived and we get those endorphins going, it has more of a healing effect than if we exercise with our receptors soaked. Just a theory though. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Broseph, thank your for your time and effort in posting about your successful taper. You have worked hard, and your success is inspiring to me and others.
I'm going to write my own thread now, so I can share my progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks xone, I'm glad you're getting something out of this and think others are as well. I know others taper threads helped me a lot as well and that was indeed part of the reason I began my own. I must say that reading back on it is a nice reminder of how far I've come and not to take anything for granted.

With that said, I've officially been at .125 for a week, and I honestly think my jump off is coming very soon. I experienced no withdrawal dropping from .1875 to .125 and don't feel the need to take any in the morning or evening, but am continuing until .03125 and then going to try to skip days possibly. I'm still using 8mg strips, no liquid taper (just an exacto knife and self healing cutting mat), so I think perhaps since the pieces are so tiny and bioavailability is supposed to ~30% sublingually that my mean dose over a 24 hours period is ~.5 is really about .15 which would mean I'm at approximately 6mg of hydro a day (which has 80% bioavailability orally) [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opioid_comparison]. I remember when I was first doing it daily, I'd take 30mg of hydro nearly every night, but if I didn't have any, I would experience no withdrawal at all. I also would have no WD during the day. I know this not a totally equal comparison, as hydro is a a short acting opiate and was probably out of my system 16 of the 24 hours of a day, but I think if I have the equivalent of ~6mg of hydro a day in my system over 24 hours that my withdrawal will be minimal when jumping, even if I did it now.

I just want to start spacing doses out during the end so my brain can get used to being totally opiate free at a slower pace than completely cutting the sub out. The half-life of sub is long, which is why I believe we have to taper so low to mitigate the effects of WD. However, if I stop one day and feel totally fine the second and third day.. then, well, that's that. But I'll keep you guys posted.

Like I said, I sleep fine and feel no need to take it at all. I'm doing it just to get my body as low as possible, so that if there are any effects from jumping, they are even more minimal. I believe I will be going to .09375 this coming week and then .0625 a week or two after that. From there, maybe mid-day single dosing .03125 for a week and jump.

I must say, I feel awesome. I think I experienced the worst aspects of the taper going from .375 to .25 to tell you the truth. I had some mild depression and lethargy in hindsight. It wasn't too palatable, but compared to how I feel now, there is definitely a difference. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm still using 8mg tabs that perhaps the bioavailability is even less because the pieces are so so small and I've tapered so low as to basically be home free, but that's what I'm hoping.

I can understand how people have anxiety about finally jumping. I'm definitely starting to feel that. I almost feel like what I'm taking now is placebo, and have this subconscious assumption that when I finally stop all hell will break loose. But I've procured some 2mg valium and 100mg modafinil (non-addictive alertness nootropic) for sleeplessness and lethargy, respectively. I feel confident that when I do jump sometime in June that this is going to be ok.

Anyway, keep going everyone! If I can do this, so can you. 503 days ago was the last day I got high. I took 480mg of oxycodone and was taking 360mg a day for a year before that, with years of daily use preceding that. Yet, here I am at 125 mcg of suboxone and feeling FANTASTIC with a light at the end of the tunnel.. bright and just weeks away.

Thanks again to everyone on here. Without this place, I don't know where I'd be.

Being that I literally felt basically zero WD going from .25 to .1875 and from .1875 to .125, I may not check in again until the jump, but I promise to keep you guys posted with how that goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Broseph,

Just wanted to thank you for updating this. It's amazing how uplifting these reports are for me.

Thanks for the tips bro!

Post subject: I've jumped
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello all.

So it's been... 36 hours since I last dosed.

As I mentioned I felt a jump coming soon, I hardly felt like I needed my doses, and last night I honestly forgot to take it.

I woke up this morning and realized it and just decided to try and skip the morning dose too. I even slept fine last night. Lots and lots of dreams actually...

I won't say today was totally normal; decent amount of sneezing, some yawning, but totally manageable and on par with any of the other drops I made really. Day 3 on the drops was always hardest so I guess the real test will be today, tomorrow and into this weekend, but so far I feel pretty much the same. I was taking .0625 pieces of an 8mg strip every 12 hours and think they may have been so small and the bioavailability so low that I tapered myself to near nothing. I had a friend stay on approximately the same dose for like 6 months and he had the same anxiety I had in jumping, but when he finally did said that it was kind of a weird week, and than things just got better and more normal, although it wasn't a bad or hard experience at all.

I'm kind of feeling right now that this is how it'll go for me.

At this point, I'm 100% committed to being done. It's been 36 hours since I dosed and I feel basically fine. Waves of discomfort, like other drops. Except this one is to 0. I don't know if it'll get much worse, but if it does, I'm going to power through it.

If you're tapering, just stick with it and you can get there too. I feel like I just finished a marathon and damn, it feels good.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Having just tapered and gone off subs myself, I think you are probably right that it's not going to be much worse quitting than some of the earlier tapers down. During that first week, I kept waiting for the awful w/d to start, but it never hit full force. Just the collection of annoying little symptoms you mentioned (yawning, sneezing, waves of discomfort, etc).

It's great you stuck to a taper like that, because it is a challenge. Sometimes I would get frustrated and think I should just jump off now, and I wondered if I was prolonging the inevitable. But in the end, it think it's what saved me.

It does feel good to be off of them though, right?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the reply freedom. This really does feel like great. I think the excitement of not taking anything right now is far outweighing any negatives. It's kind of nuts to think it's been like 7 years between the oxy and sub, and now I'm done if I can stick with it.

...Closing in on the 60 hour mark.

Last night I was tossing and turning a lot, but I still got more shut-eye than I thought I would. Out of a possible 6.5 I probably slept like 5 of them.

It feels like a head game now. While I was at work, I felt totally fine. In a really good mood actually. Then I got home and one of those waves of discomfort washed over me. My whole body felt thirsty for something. So i got on the bike and rode for a half hour. Have felt better since then, with mild waves coming to shore infrequently. This is totally, 1000% not bad at all though, so far. I think I paid for most of it during the taper.

I know it'll take a few more days for all the suboxone to leave my system, but being that I was at .125 mg for a month, I'm thinking this is going to be pretty manageable.

I have literally zero desire to get high either. Starting a new chapter without any opiates.

I'll check back soon.
Best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

it's been 4.5 days since I took anything.

Honestly, I feel weird. I don't feel like I'm in withdrawal. I feel weird. I guess this is what sober feels like and I just have to get used to it.

I'm really hungry all the time and exercising with more vigor and more desire to do it.

There is definitely a difference from being on nothing to being on even .125 though. I feel different, but ok.

I'm not even depressed. I've actually been really quick to laugh, my mind feels sharp and my mood has been pleasant.

In hindsight, my worst and hardest drops were when i went from .75 to .5 very quickly and and when I went from .375 to .25.

Those withdrawals were far worse than what I'm experiencing now, and not even bad in my mind.

I don't know if anyone is currently reading this, but even for people in the future to know... It can be done without missing work or going public. I did it and jumped off with basically zero withdrawal.

If anyone has questions, I'm happy to answer them, but my suboxone journey is over. At 1 month I'll probably post something over in the rearview section to let you guys know how I'm doing either way.

Thanks again for everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey man I have been lurking around this site for the last 2 days, so before I post on this thread I would just like to say hi and fingers crossed you will make it to the other side.

As for your taper, I read conflicting reports where some people go on about how tapering down just does not seem to cut it, yet others are adamant they have tougher withdrawals.

You said you felt a big difference from 0.125 to nothing? maybe this is because as long as you was taking sub you was still adding on to the long half life that sub has? I also think this is one of the reasons why some do not bypass withdrawals even if they taper down low to a similar dose to yours. That they only feel a big difference when they stop the sub. Man sub can be that strong that no matter how low of a dose you take you can still feel the half life covering your receptors to the maximum, and only when you stop the sub do you notice how strong it is. Maybe this has a bearing on why stopping sub from 2mg or over gives similar symptoms if not milder symptoms to someone stopping at a miniscule dose? who knows huh?

I read reports that any dose of sub you take has the same length of half life, comparable to doses of 1mg, 2mg etc... so when they stop the outcome is is still the same as if they stopped at doses of 2mg, or over. Some folks have been claiming the half life can taper someone off rather then adding small doses, which happen to be more effective as people tend to feel the full affects of doses of that range, in that sense it means the withdrawals can be milder by jumping off from 2mg or over. I hope tapering down was not a waste or dragging out the symptoms.

For PAWS I read that it does not matter at all how you taper down or what dose you jump from, if you get them then you get them.. I hope that will not be the case for the likes of me and you, but please keep updating and keep being truthful in your symptoms. I do not want anybody to pretend they are having a doable ride when they are not, just honesty I would prefer. 4 days is still relatively early on the detox, I think day 13-20 is when any symptoms reach their peak, even from a tiny dose of sub, but anyhoo please keep reporting. Well done for making it this far, we can only hope your taper was effective in reducing withdrawals and making you feel normal quickly, contrary to reports that tapering extends and increases withdrawals. I am caught in 2 minds as to taper further then 0.75 or jump off now, even go back up to 1mg and just jump from there, so the half life can taper me down, I will continue to view this thread with great interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dude, I'm not pretending. I have zero intention of lying to anyone here. I'm just reporting my experience. Everyone has different pain sensitivities, different abilities to handle withdrawals, different biologies, etc.

I'm not sure any foolproof method has been developed for tapering off suboxone completely 100% easily and effectively. I do think the length at which you should stay on it should be tied to how long you were using, and how much. Suboxone is a very interesting drug in that it is an opioid, but only a partial agonist and has a wicked long half life. That's why addicts don't feel high and also why you can actually lower your dose, which is nearly impossible with your DOC/full agonist, for an addict. If used properly, as I feel I used it, you're able to sort out the emotional baggage or whatever it is that led you to addiction in the first place while you slowly ween your chemically addicted brain off opiates. It's drug replacement therapy, and was very effective for me.

I don't necessarily recommend this, but I did this all on my own with no doctor. I'm using xanax to sleep right now. I don't see this as an issue. I don't like benzos, they just knock me out. When my sleep returns, I will discontinue their use. If lack of the ability to sleep is a withdrawal symptom, I guess I'm still in withdrawal, but I don't have a runny nose, yawn or sneeze anymore like I did the first couple of days, or feel like shit. I really just feel normal, which happens to be weird right now. Hell, I don't even know if I'll have to take xanax tonight to sleep. I always try without it and if not, I take 1mg and am out for 8 hours. They say sleep is the last thing to return, and seems to be the only thing I'm waiting on.

I've also been taking modafinil during the day (non-addictive wakefulness nootropic). I never used it during drops, but have been since I jumped, so I can't tell you if that's making a huge difference, but I figured it'd be good to combat the lethargy generally associated with completely discontinuing the use of opioids.

I will say that I took care of my body while I tapered, especially under 1mg. Tons of vitamins, minerals and nutriental supplements, eating healthy, and exercising. 5-htp to try to help the brain heal. I mean, I used a lot of unorthodox methods, and whether they were placebo or not, they worked for me. For me to write everything I did, and source all of the reasons I did it, I'd probably have to write a small book.

Before I got on suboxone, I was a daily user for about 5 years, with 2 years of fucking around before that. My story is somewhere in the introduction section. I had gone from 30mg of hydro a day to 360mg of oxy a day in those 5 years. Christmas 2011 I had enough and started this taper.

There are no lies here. I don't feel any withdrawal, I just take xanax to sleep, for now. I expect my sleep to return quickly as I have been preparing my body and mind for this jump.

What you're reading about tapering being foolhardy is utter nonsense. The lower you get, the easier it will be, simple as that. I'm not saying it's for everyone. If I could've checked out of life for a month and gone CT off my oxy habit, I would have. But that wasn't a realistic option for me. Maybe I'm in some weird space before the WD or PAWS hits, but I really don't think so man. I'm feeling better every day. Tapering is like taking out a loan and paying it back slowly, with a little interest. The interest is that you're on some form of opioid longer and that you will experience minor withdrawals with each drop instead of the ridiculously insane withdrawal of going CT off a huge habit. If you have $30,000 in the bank and want to buy a $30,000 car do you want to take out a loan and pay it back slowly for a little more, or spend all your resources at once. Suboxone worked for me so I am an advocate for it. I am not saying it works or is for everyone, but every word written in this thread is the truth. I have no agenda.

This is a screenshot from the excel file freely available at rxfilmcuttingguide.com (hope that dude is ok with this. I do recommend you download it).
http://postimg.org/image/x0yhkkb29/
You can clearly see the mean level of suboxone in the body as you taper gets much lower. Which means your withdrawal will be less. Simple as that. I was also using 1/128 of a 8mg strip every 12 hours. They were incredibly small pieces. I don't know if that matters (As opposed to using bigger 2mg pieces of the same dose) either, but it may have.

I would suggest you continue tapering. It's not a walk in the park, but it's better than jumping from .75 or 1mg. Just read peoples stories here. I'm telling you, it's been 4.5 days and I feel fine. Great, actually.

But maybe I'm just lucky. Or maybe you're right and my withdrawal with get worse. But so far, it's been getting easier day by day. I feel weird, but it's the first time in nearly 7 years my brain hasn't had a daily opioid intake so I think it's just adjusting. That adjusting is very, very manageable so far, and right now, I feel it was totally worth it. I will continue to update with how I feel if it's anything major, when sleep returns, or even if things get worse. I'm not trying to brag and say I did this with no withdrawal. I did experience them with drops and days 1-2 jumping involved some sneezing and yawning, but nothing unbearable at all, not even close. But jumping from .125 after have been on it for a month has been easier than I thought it would be thus far, and seems to be getting easier each day. Exercise is important, as well as keeping the mind busy.

Best of luck to you and anyone else on this journey.

Again, happy to answer any questions or concerns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I kind of agree with Robert. For example there was someone who tried 3 attempts to get off suboxone, she jumped from 0.25 the first attempt, but lasted 2 months because the withdrawals were sever for her, then she did another attempt from 0.125 but same result, but in her last attempt she jumped from 1.8mg and claim withdrawals were less server, though she is going through depression and PAWS now at the 6 month mark.. She is not the only one either to go through this either. many have done cold turkey or tapered down to 2mg and did fine compared to the ones who did a low slow taper..There is someone here by the name of Laddertripper who felt some psychical withdrawals 4 months after stopping the subs and she jumped way under then 0.125mg, she did a very long taper too, she also felt PAWS for several months, and she questioned whether taper contributed to the withdrawals and PAWS.

I guess what some folks are reporting is that jumping from moderate does i.e 1mg 2mg 4mg etc lets the half life taper you off, rather then tapering down to small doses, which can be more felt then high doses.. The half life in my opinion is the equal amount of any dose of sub you take, so the aspect of withdrawals seems to be similar in duration albeit jumping from 0.125 or 4mg. I agree the pshycal withdrawals are not so much an issue as are the mental withdrawals, the mental withdrawals from sub seem to affect everybody whether they taper down or not. I also think it has something to do with high doses making an exit from the receptors compared to low doses, so when you jump from moderate or high doses you tend to let the half life wean you down, which gives you milder withdrawals, whereas low doses you tend to actually feel them more so..

I am still not too convinced tapering helps everybody, if anything there are numerous reports of withdrawals being much harder, especially mental side of things....I do not take any other meds yet I tapered comfortably down to 0.4mg, I do believe this is because of the half life covering us while you wean down, so you do not have it too rough pshycally, the real test starts when we jump from subs, and when your at least 3 weeks away from sub, thats actually when folks claim the start to feel symptoms.

I also would not add other meds to sub detox because in my experience it makes things harder, especially mentally, you still have to go through withdrawals from other meds include benzos so why add another beast when you already are going through sub detox? sub detox can be too long to use benzos, if you use benzos for more then week you tend to feel the side affects.

I am also not sure bup helped my recovery, to me is trading illegal addiction for legal addiction, who knows if my life would have been better without sub? many people lose jobs, become less motivated, lose their partners in relationship/marriages, and basically lose interests while on sub, so everybody is different. Your still taking something to cover those receptors, so it is no way healing, just masking is my guess..You only heal and change your addict mentality when your off any substance, thats my honest belief. Its is impossible for any med to make you heal, infact it prolongs healing time, you only heal when you are not dependent on anything.

As for now I will see how my tapering goes, but I do not feel too different on 0.4 then I did on moderate doses, that's one of the reasons why I think many people who taper down low receive the same outcome as those who jump from moderate or high doses, but judging from numerous stories many claim pshycal withdrawals were not an issue at all going cold turkey or weaning down just a tiny bit, then you got stories of folks complaining of PAWS when they even tapered to to 0.125, so my guess is that whenever you are taking bup your helping the half life be stable in your system, whether that will be 4mg, 2mg or 0.125, you are still helping the half life stay afloat, this is why there is a theory that jumping from any sub dose gives similar withdrawals. I also vouch that withdrawals do not start until a week or 2 later if your a long term user.

Last edited by Icaras on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hope folks can beat this addiction and bup. I still have not met anybody who did not have PAWS after being on bup for more then 6 months, obviously the longer your on bup the longer the PAWS, and longer time it takes brain to heal from opiates and sub. Like most people claim all the time it's not the pshycal withdrawals that are notorious from buprenorphine meds, but it's the mental affects which makes people cave in i.e PAWS/depression.. Inserting long acting opiates such as sub in your receptors is bound to affect your receptors, so that it takes a long time to recover and for receptors to get back to normality..

I do believe PAWS is part of healing, and that means not taking any meds otherwise how else are your receptors going to heal and be clean? you need to let receptors receive some clean time and reality, so as my doctor said in her experience sub patients are the most difficult ones to get back to normal and feel happy, or most of them relapse after 3 months, 6 months, a year or 2 later, because their receptors just take too much time to heal.. She also said tapering full agonists is way different to tapering partial agonists such as sub, they all work differently to eachother.

It also depends on other factors, age, length of sub use, personality traits, diet, psychical activity etc..The young ones i.e less then 24 recover more quickly. I am in my mid 20s so am hoping age is on my side, also I have fast metabolism because being thin actually helps detox to make it that much easier, you have less fat so less chance of opiates or sub being stuck there for a long time.. But yes age, metabolism and pshycal shape do play a massive part when it comes to PAWS...Only vigorous exercise seems to make any difference,even then it can only help for an hour or 2, but not many people can exercise much in early detox otherwise you can collapse, pull a muscle and just have that extra fatigue.

I still have other alternatives when I jump from sub, for now I will see how I go. I repeat I have not suffered much pshycal withdrawals tapering sub at all, this is actually normal because half life covers you, and it makes you wonder whether tapering sub is beneficial at all as there are too many reports of folks claiming they wish they had jumped sooner and not tapered so much. Strange how sub works man.. Ah well all we can do is hope for the best1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

keep that positive attitude broseph,
i agree with ya on the whole lower the taper dose, the more ease of the w/d
it also seems logical as well
it seems that you made a logical jump off point instead of an emotional one
emotional desicions get me into trouble, so keep posting about your days its awesome to hear that
you are doing well homie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Icarus...

Your posts seem completely counter-intuitive. You believe jumping from a high dose might be better, but you are tapering and not really feeling any WD? Why didn't you jump from a high dose then? Why are you tapering?

I appreciate your devils advocate attitude on the forum, but honestly man, you're just contradicting yourself. Yes, the half life is the same. But at a lower dose, there is less of a mean dose in your system so obviously the WD will be less severe. Did you look at that chart? See how the lines begin to converge? Read hopespring's, southjax or DoaQ tapers. They experienced minimal WD as well.

To go through and try and refute every point you made would be senseless, but I'm not lying when I say I basically feel fine. The first few days I had waves of discomfort. Those are gone. I did experience mild depression, lethargy, PAWS like symptoms DURING my taper, especially going from .375 to .25. Maybe that is when my brain switched from being totally soaked in opiates 24/7 to the half life basically zeroing out and expiring before my next dose hit. As my thread shows, going from .25 to .1875 and from .1875 to .125 was really easy, and this jump has actually been pretty easy.

I have zero cravings, my mood is light, quick to laugh, and I feel more filled with... spirit.

Maybe I'm an outlier, or maybe it's because I'm youngish, have a fast metabolism, have exercised, taken vitamins and eaten healthy for most of my life, especially the last year. This is my experience and I'm not trying to sugar coat any of it. If PAWS hits and I start feeling shitty, I will let you know. But so far, each day I feel a little more used to being off opiates and feel no withdrawal symptoms at all.

.125 is a really low dose of sub. If my math is right it's basically like having a 24 hour time release dose of 6mg of hydro or 3mg of oxy. The whole theory that jumping off higher literally makes zero sense to me, and I think you're over thinking it. Just taper as low as you can until you feel like you don't need a dose, or forget one like I did. Or jump. It's your recovery. But I'm happy with the way I did it.

And rob, thanks for the kind words man. I'm just here to share my story and hope people get something out of it. I'll update it if people have questions or I feel different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:14 am 

Broseph, reading your experience has been really helpful for me and I'm glad you took the time to post about it. If anyone actually doubts that you're telling the truth, it's only because they have their own agenda, not because you've said anything that is unbelievable. When one feel negatively about sub, one certainly doesn't want to hear that you've tapered and gone off with relative ease because it doesn't fit in with their narrative. Keep up the good work!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Broseph!

Your thread made me smile really big this morning! I'm so happy you have been able to jump with so few WD symptoms. You mentioned that some of your worst WD during your taper occured around the .375 mark...That's where I'm at now, and I'm having a hell of a time adjusting to it. I should have already went down to .25, but I'm dragging my feet a bit until I feel better. As for all this talk of tapering being a waste of time...I guess we can all see things how we want to, but it makes much more sense to me to taper low and step off from there.

I did want to point out one thing though. Icaras, you said in both of your above posts that you thought taking other meds during sub withdrawal was a bad idea. But weren't you the one who posted MANY times about planning on using SAO's during sub WD? Am I to assume you have finally seen the light on this issue?

Anyway, good luck Broseph. I am looking forward to seeing your post in the rearview section soon!

Q

Post subject: YEWWW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Awesome job Broseph! I’ve been looking forward to reading this success story from you for months now! Your symptoms(or lack thereof) seem very similar to what I experienced jumping from .05mg, after a slightly more accelerated pace than your taper. It may be a couple weeks before you get a GREAT night’s sleep and you’ll probably need some time to get use to day-to-day life of opiate free living…BUT it’s no big deal, I doubt you’ll feel any real W/Ds. People who think that jumping from a higher dose is similar to jumping from a dose as small as yours, just do not understand IMO.

The only comparison that holds water is the longevity of the symptoms; however, your symptoms will barely register on the radar, while someone who jumped from a higher dose may be house ridden for weeks. I agree it is completely possible to taper, stop and get on with life without disclosing info or missing a day from work!

P.S. The most physically challenging drop for me was from .5mg-.3mg as well…never bad, but harder than the last drop.

Good luck with your new life Bro, you’ll learn to love it!!!