It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have not posted on here for awhile now. Just wanted to give a quick update. My boyfriend began suboxone last September after a 15 year polysubstance addiction and numerous failed attempts at rehabilitation. He finished his final wean from suboxon a couple of months ago. It wasn't until he got down to the smallest dose that he felt some withdrawel. Fortunately his brain had enough time to heal so that even though he felt the withdrawel symptoms, he did not feel the urge to use. I won't lie...it was tough for him. Several weeks of tough. But he stuck it out. We exercised A LOT. He said he wanted to sweat it out. Also really upped our nutrition. It was hard to see him uncomfortable but he made it! Next week we will celebrate 10 months of sobriety. His life has changed. MY life has changed. Life is not perfect but life is good. I was suprised that once he got clean things didn't magically become perfect. Suprisingly it wasn't until he got clean though that I really hada a chance to get out of the whirlwind of madness and think about all the hurt. I spent a couple of months angry at him but learned to work through a lot of issues. Just want to let the families of addicts now that this drug does make it possible. It give people a second chance, even if they have already had a million second chances. It changes lives by giving the assistance to work through to the heart of addiction. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be with this man now that he is living a life that is honest and good. God bless everyone who has been through hell and back with an addict. But keep your mind open to this medicine. I will never stop singing its praises.