It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, I have been calling and searching and was starting to lose hope.. But I finally got a call today from the Human Service Center, and I have an assessment appointment set up for Friday morning at 9:30am. I am pretty nervous.. I really hope they can get me set up with a suboxone doctor&I can finally start getting the grief counseling and therapy I need to kick this evil out of my life.. I just hope that they don't want me to do 30 days of inpatient or something.. I really can't afford to lose my jobs and start over with less than the nothing I already have lol. Every sub doc I have tried to contact has either not called me back or they aren't accepting new patients at this time. So wish me luck I guess! I love this forum..

-Karma<3

Post subject: Re: update
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congratulations!

I, myself, have just found a sub doctor after almost a month of trying. It feels like a huge weight has been taken off my shoulders and I am sure you feel the same. Please keep us up to date with your progress as there are many people here that support what you're doing and want to see you succeed.

I am glad you found this forum as there is SO much good information and positive attitudes here that it makes the whole process that much easier to know you can come here and talk and find someone who understands exactly what you are going through.

Much Love,

John (Reprieve)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you! &congratulations to you as well. I read your story&am so glad to see that things are finally looking up for you. This site really is an awesome support system, especially when you are not yet able to get into counseling&a doctor, or during weak moments ect.. The guy who set up my assessment appointment was very nice. Seemed very caring, wasn't judgemental. He listened to me when he asked why I use&told me that I am strong for doing this all on my own (as in most people go for assessment when they've gotten in trouble with the law, lost their children to DCFS, ect) &that he thinks he can be a big help to me. I told him I am interested in suboxone&he wrote it down on the phone interview paper work and didnt say anything like I wont be able to get into a treatment program, so I really think this might finally be my chance to get on the right track. Best of luck to you&I am glad you are doing well! Thank you for replying&caring!

-Karma<3

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

kar.ma.marie123 wrote:
Well, I have been calling and searching and was starting to lose hope.. But I finally got a call today from the Human Service Center, and I have an assessment appointment set up for Friday morning at 9:30am.
That's awesome, Karma! I'm so excited for you! Please keep us updated how this progresses for you. Hope you get into a doctor soon. Sounds very hopeful at this point.

Maybe make a list of all the questions you have to take with you. You think of things beforehand, but it's so easy to forget a few things when they are talking to you and explaining things. That may help you.

Congrats again and hope to hear great news soon!

Karen :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I wouldn't worry too much more about getting in. In my experience, the fact that you got a call and are going to see someone means you 'll at least get into the program. The trick is staying in.

This is where you'll take drug screening, random calls to the pharmacy to make sure you're not getting pain meds from another doc, calling you up to bring in your meds for count, counseling or other extra curricular activity attempted (this is not required but helps out a lot, they want to see you're doing your part in the recovery and not looking to just get by on meds.

So if I were you, I would rest easy as an appointment surely means that you're "in"... Now it's up to you to stay in (or leave when you're ready to be clean).

The best of luck to you and keep us posted!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you both for the support!!
Unfortunately, my assessment didnt go as well as I'd have liked it to.. I am on a 4-6 month waiting list to be put into a program.. &was told I can MAYBE speed things up by doing 30-60 days of in patient, but there is only about a 30% chance of even that speeding things up apparently.. I spent 2hrs talking to the assessment lady&she was very nice but I am left feeling a bit discouraged.. Have still been trying with the private docs that can write scripts for bupe but no luck there.. Considering possibly paying to join a methadone clinic down the street to keep me away from H while waiting for the freedom program to open up.. Dont know what else to do at this point honestly.. Even if I DO get lucky enough to get one of these private practice docs I highly doubt I will be lucky enough to get one that accepts medicaid&I can't afford it any other way.. I dont understand why it is so much easier&cheaper to get methadone when, IMO, its more dangerous and ect.. Oh well.. Figured I would update.. Thanks again guys.

-Karma<3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:17 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Do whatever it takes to stay away from heroine. I know it may seem like methadone is not much better, but at least you're not "in the street life" anymore and you would be in a structured program. Take what you can get at this point. It will be a bit rough when the transition time comes to move from meth to bup, but it can be done and I would think that if you can keep your meth dose down that it can be managed with least amount of pain. Now I am not saying it won;t be pain free, because methadone is a hard one to switch from if on higher doses, but I did it from a high dose of Fentanyl which can be just as bad. From my experience you will probably have a week of varying discomfort. Nothing you won't be able to handle, but do expect some RLS and semi sleepless night for a few days. But just knowing it won't be too long is some comfort.
Of course, you know how you feel and you should know if it sounds like something you want to do. I do l know however, that 6 more months trying to "get by" with H IS NOT the better option. There are too many things that could go wrong, plus in a methadone program you could already start learning the tools you need to fight this thing. That will give you a 6 month head start.

Please keep us updated. We're here to support you!

Much luck,

John

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just read this, but responded in your other thread. take care.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you guys<3 I posted the other thread and then remembered i had this "update" one in this section so I just figured I'd post in em both lol my bad guys. As always, much love&appreciation for the support.

-Karma<3