It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey all. So here I am a week into switching to Subutex (generic, Roxane tabs). The first couple of days where rough, but it did get a little better. I've worked on absorption the best I can and I think I'm doing the best I can with it at this point. I break them either in half or quarters before taking them to help them absorb. Only thing that sucks with that is the crumbling of the pills. I know some of my dose is getting lost in it, but nothing significant. Just annoying when I've come from strips that obviously don't have that issue. So I feel ok. Not great, not bad. I've had moments of feeling badly, but they pass. I'm to the point where I think it's not so much that the subutex works as good as the Suboxone, but I've gotten more used to it. I don't know how I feel about that. Especially combined with the fact that I'm saving hundreds of dollars. I NEED to stay on these, at least until my insurance (fingers crossed!) approves my appeal to cover Suboxone strips for me. I wish I could say that these work as good or better than Suboxone for me, but I can't. It sucks because I've read a lot of people say they would prefer to be on them for various reasons....mainly the cost. It really pisses me off that trying to be better, get off and stay off of drugs (which is a good thing) has to be so DIFFICULT for people. Would be nice if it wasn't so expensive. And what is up with all these doctors NOT TAKING INSURANCE??? I have insurance, but can't use it for this. Makes me think the doctors that are in this (the majority at least) are in it for monetary gain and that's it. Otherwise why not take insurance? Hell, I can't even get my docs office to help me with this appeal because they "don't do stuff like that". Well what am I paying you hundreds of dollars a month for???? To see me for 5 minutes and send me on my way? There should be a doorbell that makes a "cha-ching" sound every time someone enters that door. IT'S SAD.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:04 am 

Man, it sucks that you can't find a sub doctor who takes insurance! And are you with United Healthcare? I had to switch to Zubsolv as of 7/1/14. I'm doing OK on it although I had to up my dose a little bit. My doctor is really good and will appeal the switch from Suboxone if I need them to.

I'm sorry that your situation sucks for now! I hope it gets better soon!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes it DOES suck I can't find a doc that takes insurance....it's so upsetting :( And yeah, I have United Healthcare. They tried to make me switch to zubsolv as well, which I tried and couldn't do it. It didn't work for me at all. I actually have another post going here about that whole appeal process and my doctor not helping me with it. I don't get how after I pay them cash month after month, they refuse to help me with an appeal. I'm still waiting to hear back from the insurance about the appeal I submitted on behalf of myself and just praying that they approve it. It's my last hope right now. I need to keep looking for doctors who take insurance too because the cost of this and being on it for so long is making me resent the whole thing. I don't like feeling like I'm being taken advantage of as opposed to doing something right.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:02 pm 

Hey Mizz, ive been following your threads and wantto give you a pep talk here.

Ok, the problem is it seems that our Suboxone system is hard to work with sometimes.
Ive read it many times here and have seen it here in town.
I wish i had a firm answer on just why some places and drs take ins and some dont. But i have two drs i am going to ask.
This treatment is costly, i know, i pay cash myself. Im fortunate that at the two year mark my cost dropped below 100 dollars a month. My med are 250. This seems mild compared with many others. But i pay it and at times it can be a stuggle.
Sub is saving our lives Mizz. I know you know this. Think how we would be if we had NONE.
You have a dr, you have a script, its helping you. Its not a perfect deal for ya now, but aleast your on a heathy track i think.
Maybe, just maybe the ins Co will change there mind. But if not you still have Bupe to help you. Subutex, Zubslov, you can make it work Mizz. And still help your family.
Sorry your upset and i wish too that this whole thing were easier for everyone, but this med is so regulated an under such a watch full eye of government that it seems like we are the bad guys. We are not.

please keep trying and wer here for you. Razor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Razor- You're right. Thinking about not having this available is a pretty scary thought. And yes, I have been pretty down about the whole thing lately. I will get out of this funk at some point. But thank you so much for listening to it all and being so supportive :)