It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just wanted to update all the expecting moms how my daughters birth went. Like i said i had tapered from 6mg to 2mg subutex by my last trimester. All my docs were aware of my subutex abuse and had great prenatal care. I worried everyday about how my surgery would go and if my daughter would be ok. The suregery was completely painless and my daughter was born a healthy 7lbs. i made sure to be up front with all my nurses and inform them i was on a low dose and was praying for the best outcome. They were all super nice and did not treat me or my baby any different. My daughter showed very little if no signs of withdrawal. she had some sneezing and excessive sucking but nothing i couldnt soothe. They checked on her every four to six hours but she never scored above a 4. She was released with me today. She sleeps a little less than she should but im sure that will pass in a week or so. I am so grateful and so happy how everything turned out. I just want to reccomend to all the nervous moms to do the best they can, be honest with all doctors, have great prenatal care, and most importantly taper down. Some sub doctors do not reccomend that but i am positive if you can get to the lowest poosible dose without feeling sick it will be best for your baby. Once again i am so grateful to have a healthy baby and know subutex helped me stay as healthy as possible for my pregnancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Baby BB,

Congratulations!!! It is so great that you and your baby are doing so well, thank you so much for your update! Enjoy your precious baby they grow up way to quick, GOOD LUCK!!