It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

HELLO, I figured i should post here, rather than in the "stopping section" as i consider myself to have stopped...or, no longer stopping. Anyway, i'm around 35 days out, i say around be i actually do not know the date of when i jumped, guess i probably should. I feel good as of now, not great, just good. I;ve read elsewhere about others being just tired all the time, and boy do i know what that is like. Its like some days i feel like i have a refrigerator on my back. I normally only feel like that in the mornings, usually from around 8:00 - 2 or 3:00 in the afternoon. What i'm not sure of is this...am i tired like that because i sleep like crap at night, or is it still my body adjusting, or is it maybe a bit of both? I've stopped taking any sleep aids for the last 3 nights, and 2 out of the 3 nights managed a decent 5-6 hours of sleep. I get in bed around 9 or so, and can usually make it till 3 am, before i wake up, then i toss and turn for a few hours till about five, then get up and hit the couch. One thing i noticed is that my sleep, with or without sleep aides is almost the same. So i figured there is no sense in taking anything if it isn't going to help much more than what i would get for sleep naturally.

The only other issue i've got is anxiety, which is completely new to me, as i've never had it before. There are some days where that tired feeling is coupled with anxiety for that same 8 am - 3 pm time block. The sleep thing i can deal with, but the anxiety is a major pain in my ass. It makes it very hard for me to concentrate at work, and even if i decide to skip lunch and instead go home and lay down for an hour, i feel no better, while laying down, or after i get up. The last thing i want to do is take something for anxiety. Is it possible i developed anxiety or some sort of disorder while punishing my body with drugs for years (including subs), or again, am i still in the repair stage and all this crap will pass?

I can remember when i stopped oc's cold turkey, i had nothing like this at a month out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey B Real,

Congratulations on 35 days!!

The tiredness you mentioned has plagued me pretty much my whole time off of Suboxone. It got a little better as the months went by, but it never went away completely. It kind of stunned me how the hours you're tired lined up almost exactly with the hours I was tired. It's like I never really woke up until mid-afternoon everyday. My sleep was horrid for a good while too. I really started to think that my circadian rhythm had gotten all out of whack. IDK?? I know around the 1 year mark off of Suboxone I finally got sick and tired of being unmotivated all the time and I started on Wellbutrin. It has made a big difference for me.

I got an anxiety spell for a little while too, it went away when I stopped drinking coffee. I guess coming off of Suboxone has heightened our sensitivity to other drugs, like caffeine. Try cutting out the caffeine and see what happens.

BTW, I had never had anxiety issues before either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

B Real, how long were you on the suboxone for? I'm def. experiencing the same symptoms as you. My sleep has been shotty lately on the count of being lethargic and not doing much during the day. I take sleeping meds but still end up tossing and turning all night. The anxiety is def. the worse part. I take klonopin to nip that partially out of the picture. I agree that compared to quitting OC's cold turkey the Suboxone def. takes the title. Keep me updated on your status as we are on the same time line it seems.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just wanted to say Congrats on getting off Sub and thank you for posting your experience. I am planning on tapering in the future and it really helps to hear it can be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Formoso....I was on Subs, for close to 3 years...Started at 16 mgs as i was coming off of H, and i think after day 5 i dropped immediately to 8 mgs, as 16 was almost making me feel high. So over the last few years i dropped from 8 to 6 rather quickly, then to 4, then back up to 6, then to 4 again for i'd say the last year. The week or so before i jumped i dropped it to 3, figuring that would be a low enough dose (having not read anything about sub wd).
Today is officially day 36...i was off by about a week when i started this thread...And i feel much better than i did even a week ago. The tiredness / lethargy is basically gone. There have been a couple days in the last week where i have felt tired, but a normal sort of tired, not the dragging, i can barely walk and breathe at the same time tired. Which i think is how a normal person would feel having gotten the same amount of sleep i have had. Which brings me to sleep...still not very good. I did notice however that whether or not i take something for sleep (all i would take is one of those over the counter CVS sleep aids) i don't seem to notice much of a difference in the quality or amount of sleep im getting. My problem isn't falling asleep, rather its staying asleep. I seem to get to anywhere from 3:30 to 5:00 without any issues, but once i open my eyes, there is no closing them again. Which is kind of a pain in the ass, but its certainly tolerable, and will get better i'm sure.
The only other symptom i was having trouble with was the anxiety, or at least what i perceived to be anxiety, which would last for all of the morning and sometimes parts of the afternoon. Thank god i haven't had much of that in the past week. Its nice to be able to look back just one week and see the progress my brain has made in healing itself. Also something else i've try to remain aware of, is to not focus on one day vs. the day before. But to instead look at this week vs. last week. I think as you get further away from the ending on the acute wd process, its hard to tell the difference in how you feel from day to day. Im sure in a few weeks or maybe a month i will change my outlook again and begin to focus on how i'm feeling month to month. Although i'm hoping that i won't be thinking about any of this a month from now. Who knows? All i can say is for now i'm doing just fine.