It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Upcoming surgery
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been off of suboxone for well over a month now. I jumped off at 4 mgs. I am doing pretty well although I still seem to sneeze alot sometimes. That could be due to some type of allergy though because I feel no other wd symptoms. The first few days were pretty rough to be honest but I got through them. Anyways, I finally found a new dr that I really seem to like. While I was looking for one I was treated like a seeker by a couple of different drs. I was just trying to find a dr to do my surgical clearance so the surgeon would schedule all of his appointments including the surgery. This new dr that treated me like a person despite suboxone in my recent past has me scheduled for a pre surg on jan 4th. With that being said I will be on thr table within 30 days after that. My question is should I even mention suboxone as part of my past? It should be waaay out of my system by then and I am positive it is way out now. If I am no longer taking it should I risk bringing it up and looking like a "seeker"? I know that legally they have to provide pain control so that doesnt worry me. My gf is an rn and I asked her if I could even have this surgery without painkillers at all. She told me that it would be damn near physically impossible to have them cut skin, muscle, and move bones around without me requiring pain control. Being an addict this of course worried me. We talked and if I do get sent home with painkillers she is only going to give me the alloted amount each day. I dont want to risk addiction again and have to start over. She said if I took what I was prescribed and how it was prescribed there would be no issurs with possibly facing wd again. I know from my experience the misery of wd was what kept me on the pills in the first place. I guess I just want some opinions on whether or not I should mention suboxone? Like I said before, I have been off of it for a month and have no desire to go back on it. Is it hiding something if it is in the past? There is no possible chance that it could mess with the anesteology after this long is there? Advice and opinions appreciated.