It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:47 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

i,ve been on lortabs for 4 years 6-8 a day 10's , i'am tring to do this myself [i know] i've never had a problem with pills till my surgery although i am a recovered alcoholic , i need to start some suboxone in the morn . how long from my last lortab should i wait and how long should i take it , i'am worried about my blood pressure problems , i do have clondine to take , i just ran out of lortabs at 4:00 today i have to do something its easter weeekend , thanks for any advise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:30 pm 
Hello Rod and welcome to the forum. I understand you wanting to do this on your own, but I would be remiss to encourage you to do so. The truth is that no matter how you ended up dependent or addicted to opiates, the road to recovery is very complex. I just bet you know that given that you are a recovering alcoholic. I'm going to spare you all the reasons why it's a bad a idea to try a Suboxone detox on your own because I think you know them. Plus they are posted in various places all over this forum.
I will point out only the most important one that comes to mind, especially for you: Your over all health is at stake. You have high blood pressure that you mentioned and perhaps some other medical issues associated with that that you did not mention. So trying to do this on your own could be harmful to you. In and of itself, however, opiate withdrawal is almost never life-threatening or dangerous to your health. As many of us know, we may want to die while going through it, but we do survive. It would really be best for you to do this under the supervision of a doctor.
I will tell you that in general, after taking short-acting opiates such as Lortab, you will be in mild to moderate withdrawals by the 18-24 hour post dose timeframe. That is where you need to be before starting Suboxone. There is an assessment tool called the "COWS" scales that you can google and review to help you gauge where you're at in terms of withdrawal. One of the biggest concerns with starting Sub is that if you take it too early, you will go into precipitated withdrawal, which has been described as the fifth ring of Hell....not something you want to experience!
I am not a doctor or an expert, just someone like you who got addicted to opiates and wanted relief. Thankfully, I have a good doctor helping me on my path with Suboxone. I can't emphasize strongly enough that taking a few Suboxone which you obtained illegally is not going to fix this problem for you. Please consider getting more help. We are here to support and help you as much as we can, but we can't take the place of good medical care.
Good luck to you and keep coming back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Rod,

We haven't heard from you lately, how are you doing? Did you start suboxone or go to a doctor? We'd like to hear how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.