It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Unorganized clinic
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi all I am new to subox forum I heard of suboxdoc from you tube believe it or not, I live in wisconsin as well and I go to a clinic called Acacia it is located in Milwaukee. My story goes like this, I was addicted to opiates since I was 16 I am now 20 years old and have been struggling with opiate addiction my whole young adult life. After my detox I was released from the hospital with a bottle of suboxone and an appointment for a clinic called core-llc. This is where my life changed, I was put on suboxone and ever since I have made so many changes in my life it is a miracle medicine! I was paying out of pocket for I have no insurance how ever the clinic I was going to set up a deal so I only had to pay 50 dollars a month and I was also put on the suboxone patience assistance program which was great I no longer had to pay over 300 dollars for my prescription. Well back in April core shut down for good with no notice and I had to act quick because I was low on my medicine so I went to Acacia. There they were willing to take me in without question because the owner of core runs the suboxone program at acacia and I was immediately given a new prescription this was great and all except for the fact that this clinic does not do payment plans nor can I get on the patience assistance program because none of the doctors even care about their patients. So I bit the bullet and dealt with the money issue but now my doctor quit the clinic and there is a waiting list for people to get an appointment with the new doctor I was told I was on the list, however I called today and asked about an appointment because I have not heard back from them and now they say I am not on the list so I told them to add my name again. I am really fed up with my clinics screwing me over or shutting down. I am trying to maintain a ilicit drug free life and it is so hard with all these interruptions in my treatment. What am I to do I am running out of money and the other clinics all have a waiting list for appointments too! I do not know what to do I only have 3 suboxone left and have resorted to rationing my dose and I am down to 1mg a day this BARLEY stops my cravings and my restless leg feeling in my body but it is manageable. What I am wondering is if there is any one else who has had the same experience as me and if so what do I do where do I go I do not want to withdraw and go back to taking oxymorphone I just cant do it any more!! Sorry for the long post I just have so much more to say on this forum and will be posting updates on how my treatment is going and wish to talk to other suboxone people thank you for this forum it seems perfect for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Man that is really hard to deal with... Today was my first day, and the clinic had NO idea how to deal with someone who knew they had a drug plan but didnt know how it all worked. They expected me to know i have a card, and to know that im under my parents plan, and youd think i was the FIRST teenager to go in there... because obviously my parents were my coverage... so i called my pharmacy, they told me that THAT pharmacy is supposed to call MINE to get the info.

All through the visit i was sweating, freaking out, getting ready to go buy some more oxys to last me the day. Instead I figured it all out, without any help from the stupid pharmacists. I guess since suboxone isnt used as often in that clinic, even though i have three friends who go to the same one, adn they get methadoen... not much difference in our usage, more so lifestyle (i work and go to school, they do nothing.)

Pharmacies and such can be very disorganized, though im sure with all us drug seekers - as some like to call us, its hard to find the ones who want help vs the ones who are just trying to stay away from the pain till they can get their next large shipment.. Thus making it hard to really deal with these patients.

Still, surprised the ladies there knew everything but how to get my payment info from another pharmacy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you looked up all the docs in your area that can prescribe Sub? If you go to the Suboxone website you can put in your zip code and get a list of doctors in your area that can prescribe Sub. Maybe there are some that you don't know about.

If you can't find anyone, maybe you can get some meds to help you through the withdrawal. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Let us know how things go.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Man! I feel your pain. I pray for you. Do what Diary Of a Quitter said. You will find a Doc in you area who is willing to help. I know what your talking about when it comes to the money. My doc charges 600mo. and 7$ a pill at the pharmacy. Luckly they let me buy a few at the time. I want to find another doc, but this doc has already told me that he will keep me on the med as long as I want, he has no problem with long term. Sorry, this is about you. Listen check around, keep on top of it and you will fine a doc. Good luck, let us know whats going on with you. You'll do great, have faith.

Darren