It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have decided to quit taking suboxone. By sharing my experience I am hoping that I can help other people going through the same thing and hopefully be able to inspire other people by showing them that it is possible. I also think that it is valuable for me to be able to express myself to people that understand and to people that will help me through it and give me advice during the entire process.

During the last couple of weeks I have completely prepared myself for what is to come and my doctors and I have come up with a plan that we believe is going to be best for my situation. I will give a brief history of my sub use: This is my second time on subs and I have been on it this time for 1 year. I have not used any drugs or alcohol over the past year. I have been taking 16mg for the past three months.
One week ago I started my taper and tapered down to 12mg and I have been able to stay at 12 mg's for five days now. My plan from here is to reduce my dose by 2 mg's/week until I get down to 4 mg's and then go to 2 weeks. When I get down to 2mg's/day for 7 days at I am going to stop taking suboxone completely, wait for the withdrawals to get intolerable and then check myself into an inpatient detox facility or a hospital that specializes in detox and at that point I will be done taking suboxone and under the supervision of professionals. At the hospital or detox facility I will be given different medications that will make the withdrawal process as comfortable as possible. I am not recommending this plan to anyone else and I know that anyone trying to quit can do it on their own because I have done before and if time was in excess the liqquid taper method looked very nice and I would go that route if i had more time. Financially I can only stay in the hospital for 5-7 days. I have decided to go this route because I feel that it will increase my odds of successfully quitting. I have the luxury of being able to dedicate the next three months of my life to nothing else but quitting subs. I will be doing things to stay busy but nothing too stressful. During my taper I am going to eat right and exercise everyday. I have also come up with a good recovery program but I will not go into any details on that until the time comes.

.....PLAN......
week Dose (Mg's)
1 12
2 10
3 8
4 6
5 4
6 2
7 0 *week 7 I will be in an inpatient detox program for some extra love :)

During this first week I have tapered from 16-12mg's. I felt a slight difference for the first few days then my body adjusted and I now on day 6 at this dose I feel good. On monday I will go down to 10mg's and I will keep anyone interested posted with how I am feeling. I am very tired right now so I am going to go to sleep I hope that all of this makes sense. :)

If anyone has any knowledge of a any good detox methods aaround $5,000 that does not use anesthesia or ultram please share with me. I do have some money available for this but not anywhere near the cost of a 28 day treatment facility. Any questions, thoughts, or considerations are very much appreciated.

Side Note: I have found a lot of the SuboxDoc's videos, audio books, and reading material very helpful. I have done hundreds of hours of research on suboxone and opiate addiction that I feel as ready as I am ever going to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi There:

Welcome to the site. I am sure you will find this place very helpful and informative. One thing I am curious about is the "why" part of you getting off the suboxone. Obviously, it's your decision, but I am wondering why you are in such a rush? That is one of the most aggressive taper plans I have ever seen.

I wish you nothing but the best of success with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Junkie781 thank you for the response. There are many reasons that I want to get off of suboxone so I will tell you about reasons that effect me the most. I am not saying that these are side effects of suboxone but I am saying that this is how I feel while taking suboxone.
1. I am not my authentic self while taking suboxone.
2. Suboxone slows me down mentally and physically. I have always been quick, smart(not being arrogant), and energetic as of right now I dont feel that I am any of these things.
3. Taking suboxone effects EVERY SINGLE relationship that I have. Parents, I have 4 Brothers and I am the oldest, family, friends, girlfriend (now my EX).
4. I rarely feel extremely happy in situations that I should feel happy. For example when I got accepted into a pretty damn good 4 year university I was happy for about 5 minutes before remembering that I am still taking suboxone (total downer).
5. I am already a pretty lean guy and I love to workout and suboxone surpresses natural testosterone production, appetite, and energy levels. I am about 10-15 lbs under the weight that I would be if I quit.
6. I can see opportunities passing me buy and I am not living an extraordinary life, I am only existing and fighting to survive. Life is meant to be lived and when I am on subs I dont feel like I am living just merely surviving.
7 While I am on subs I feel a constant guilt, shame, and regret and I think that for me to completely put these feelings to rest it is important for me to quit subs.
8. While taking subs I never feel confident, worthy, wanted. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and see the person that I really am. And be able to be that person for my loved ones.
9. I am not living up to my potential. I work my ass off everyday to get ahead and make something of myself in this world and that is hard enough on its own. Being on suboxone is like running a race with a damn 50LB weight on my back. This is extremely frustrating for me.

I can go on and on with reasons that I want to quit subs. All of the reasons for quitting that I listed apply to both suboxone and any other type of pain killer. I accepted the fact that I am an addict and that I will never use drugs or drink alcohol again in my life and I have developed a hatred toward drugs and alcohol, opiates in particular. Because of my addicted self I spent six months in jail last year followed by 12 months of house arrest and I have lost the person that I love the most. If these reasons are not good enough then I dont know what it will take. Since then i have created a wonderful life for myself and everything is working except for the suboxone. The first time I got clean I was only 21 years old and I thought that I would still be able to drink alcohol. This lead me straight back to OxyContin quickly. Now I think that not being able to drink or do drugs is a great opportunity for me to work hard and get to where I need to be in life and in my recovery.

It is important to ask yourself if quitting is the right thing for you personally to do. When I ask myself this question I not only think that it is the right thing but I also feel that it is something that I absolutely must do if I ever want to have the life that I dream of having. A life full of love and happiness.

This is my personal opinion and suboxone helped me tremendously. If it wasn't for suboxone I would not be where I am now and I am grateful that that suboxone exists. I have just come to the point that it is no longer necessary and it is no longer helping me but now slowing me down.
The reason for my quick taper method is because I am an all or nothing type of guy and if I dont quit in the next 2 or 3 months then I will not have the opportunity to do so for another year or maybe longer. Last time I quit cold turkey while taking 4mg everyday and it was pretty miserable but I am still pretty young and in good physical condition so I bounce back pretty quick compared to the older folks. (no offense)

Like I said eariler suboxone worked for me and HELPED me a lot but now I want to stop taking it. Some people taking subs do not feel any of the things that I am feeling and if I didnt feel this way I would keep taking it but this is how i feel.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry if I sound a little bit caulky in my previous posts. I dont mean to be like that I am just really unhappy about the whole suboxone situation and I have found that it helps me quit when I hate it. I am thinking about trying to go a couple days without taking it to see if it will speed up my taper. If anyone knows of any good detox facilities to help get off of suboxone that would help a lot.

I dont know if there is just not a lot of people on this forum or if I said something wrong in my previous post so no one is responding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:34 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi! Sometimes it's a little slow in here on the weekends, which is why you aren't getting many replies right now. It's much busier during the week. I have to say that is an aggressive taper plan, but you seem to be very set on your plan and that's great. Do you have a plan in place to stay clean after you detox?
Another thought is that many people feel on suboxone, the opposite of what you feel. For example; subs having given me my life back. I actually feel normal again, I feel like myself. They help me with depression, anxiety, and they have helped to repair many relationships in my life. I think there are many people here who feel the same way so maybe they just aren't sure what to say if they repsond, IDK, just guessing. But anyway, that doesn't matter right now. What matters is that we are here to support you through out your taper and help you with any questions you may have during and after. I haven't been around this forum for too long yet, but I do know there are many smart and well informed people in this forum who are amazing! Please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing along the way!

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

YoungAddict - I too am sorry you are having a hard time. I don't have any experience with stopping Suboxone so I can't help you there. For me though I have been an opiate user for a loooong time. I have also had complete abstinence from all drugs for a decent amount of time. For me it was not an easy task, I had support from NA but I was desperate when I walked into the program. For me if I stopped Suboxone, I would be in trouble, I already found out what happened when I left NA thinking I was cured. I relapsed and could not stop until I found Suboxone and have been clean since. I’m also seeing a therapist but I no longer attend NA. During my complete abstinence and going to meetings, I too had disgust toward drugs especially opiates even more when I had well over a year clean. For me, time always heals and I forgot the pain that opiates caused. I found myself slipping, and I found myself thinking of just that one more time on the weekend blah blah blah....

Do you plan on doing anything for your recovery when you do stop Suboxone? As your hear everywhere not just on this site quitting is the easy part, it's staying clean that's the hard part. I'm just concerned...As I know for me, if I slip up on Suboxone, I may never come back.

Also, maybe a lower dose will make you feel better... I'm currently at 8mg...... It's really is a shame when friends and family are not educated on this disease. My wife tells me I have no choice but to stay on Suboxone. She feels a sense of security knowing I'm on Suboxone. My wife knows if I'm dosing in the morning, I'm not using. My wife knows the benefits of taking Subs.....knowing I cannot get high without stopping for several days....etc. Also, for me, I don’t care what other people think, as this is my life and I want to live..not die from this disease like many addicts have.

For this addict....it not Suboxone that brings me the trouble...it's the disease. This is exactly why I see a Substance Abuse therapist to help me dig into my innerself. My therapist sees things that I don't see and gives me suggestions on how to deal with these things. Suboxone is just one tool in my recovery.

I don't want this to sound like it's all about me, I'm simply just sharing my experience with you. I'm always concerned when I hear other addicts thinking they understand now how to stay clean on their own....Like I said above, I thought I was cured and had zero thoughts and also even forgot how Oxycodone made me feel...but yet, I still relapsed and relapsed hard on my drug of choice.....For me, I will never say relapse will never happen again no matter how confident I am. For me, if it's not Suboxone it will have to be submersing myself into a problem - most likely NA.

SuperBuper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

OP,

Your post is oddly timed, because I'm currently doing research on my own taper (though I plan a different method, one that mimics what they do at Summer House). I'm headed that route mostly because I have been on Sub for too longer to get away with mild withdrawals, unfortunately I know this from prior experience. So I just had to register to post.

As I read your post, I was mumbling "Woah, that's weird...did I post this?" because as far as your motivation goes, we're cut from the same cloth bro. Same stage of life, a lot of the same life situations actually. So I totally understand the 'all or nothing' mentality, always have had it. I think it ends up hurting us more than helping us, as I've come to realize through months of therapy. Your problem may be different, but at least for me that type of thinking is what lead to my addiction in the first place (self medicating for depression with opiates).

I may have missed this in your post, but are you seeing a therapist, psychologist, or a psychiatrist? If not, I highly recommend it. I am of the opinion that a lot of the time, opiate abuse is the symptom for a greater mental health problem. Once you peel that bandage off, if the wound is still there, it's gonna tempt us back towards what we found as our only sanctuary.

That said: I find myself in the same position as you. I am feeling almost 100% certain I want off suboxone now, and have had the last 2 months (and the next 2) to focus 100% on myself. I don't know if I'll get anything near that much time again, as I start a new job with lots of responsibilities soon. Getting back into the gym (ugh, my numbers have fallen so low...I loathe squat day as it is embarassing now), even thinking about starting fight training again (used to box). Overall feeling like I am in a pretty good place mentally. I do still battle depression, but I am running the gauntlet of antidepressants and having some success with that + therapy.

I say all this because:

A) Who doesn't like talking about themselves a little bit?

and

B) I want you to know where I'm coming from

I see a lot of myself in your post, especially when you talk about your problems with self-worth while on Suboxone. You've done what I did, and tied your self-esteem to an external factor. I feel that's dangerous. Granted, I do not know you and have only read two posts on a message board, so I could be COMPLETELY OFF with this. I just don't want to see you make a rash decision and later come to regret it.

You've done a ton of hard work to get this far. Just make certain you've come to terms with yourself both on AND off opiates. Again, I recommend seeing a therapist and talking about this. At the very least, a phone consult with a trained professional to go over your plan/reasoning would be wise. More eyes on a problem never hurt.

I apologize if I come off as trying to preach and stop you from doing this, that's not my goal at all. I think I just see myself in your post and figure if you make it, I can make it too...so I REALLY want you to make it!

Good luck man, I hope everything goes perfectly if you do go ahead. There's no shame in putting it off a week or two in order to be 100% certain, but I totally understand if you are going ahead anyway - it's what I would most likely do in your shoes. In fact, I am most likely going to be doing my own jump off within the next two weeks as well.

We're all in this together, good luck and feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat. Apologies for the rambling, there's a lot of stuff bouncing around in my head and I don't always know how to get it out there clearly ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone and thank you for the replies!!! It feels good to know that other people are out there going through the same shit i am.
SuperBuper - Thanks for the response and I definitely have a recovery plan and a strong support system for when I quit. Mostly consisting of a lot of meetings and my family is a huge part of my life and are there to support me and after reading the last post I am definately going to look into a therapist. I am also very big into physical health and last time I was clean working out kinda became my new addiction and I am into personal growth type workshops and books. I also am going to get more involved in church and renew my faith and devotion to god. I often feel the sort of "John Locke" approach to god and how god speaks to every human being through their conscious and my conscious is telling me that I need to quit subs.
SO MY RECOVERY PLAN = meetings 90in90 + a sponsor and I found a sponsor that was addicted to OC which is kinda hard to find + family I have 4 brothers and my parents and we are all living together right now because my bros are home from college so it is a little crazy around here + god/church + personal growth which is just looking at your deepest desires and fears and deep donw who I really am and what do I want and then I work with a life coach to achieve those things. My life coach is there to help me create an extraordinary life and for me that life is drug free.

McGann - I am happy to hear that there is someone else out there that feels the way I do and shares some common interests as well. I am definitely going to look into seeing a therapist and its kinda funny you say this because my mom always tells me that I am self medicating because of a legitimate underlying problem that I have. So that is a great idea. You mentioned that you were a boxer and I have always been a fighter never professionally or anything but boxing and wrestling and I feel the need to fight right now with the suboxone I dont mean in a willpower type of way but I am not ready to accept that I have to stay on medication for the rest of my life for my body to feel normal. I have made my decision and I am going to quit subs for sure and I am preparing myself for that everyday. Kinda like training to fight suboxone or something. I have a plan that wont fail and I know that quitting is the easy part its the staying clean forever is the hard part. It may be hard but it is doable, people are doing it everyday and that is what I have really been seeing in meetings lately. The odds are against us but people do it all of the time and who's to say that I cant be one of them. So as you can see I have my mind made up to quit and I would like to hear more from you and what you are thinking because any help I can get is very valuable and you already gave me a great new idea to start researching tomorrow. stick with it and set yourself up to win. I would also like to hear your plan seeing that you have a limited time to do this in as well. PM me if you would like but definitely hope to see you here again.

Quick update: today is monday and I started taking 10mg/day for this week and I am going to see how I feel for the rest of the week at this dose and wait for my body to realign and find its equilibrium then ween down another 2mg as soon as I feel ready but no later than next monday hopefully a little sooner. I am also still looking for a medicated inpatient detox program if anyone can point me into the right direction.

I am getting tired and I am gonna go to sleep but I will be back tomorrow .
Thanks again for all of the support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:37 am 
New Poster
New Poster

YoungAddict wrote:
Thanks for the response and I definitely have a recovery plan and a strong support system for when I quit. Mostly consisting of a lot of meetings and my family is a huge part of my life and are there to support me and after reading the last post I am definately going to look into a therapist. I am also very big into physical health and last time I was clean working out kinda became my new addiction and I am into personal growth type workshops and books.

....kinda like training to fight suboxone or something. I have a plan that wont fail and I know that quitting is the easy part its the staying clean forever is the hard part.

I am getting tired and I am gonna go to sleep but I will be back tomorrow .
Thanks again for all of the support.

I pulled out a few bits I wanted to comment on real quick before I take the dogs for their morning stroll (and get my 15 minutes of sun...gotta keep those test levels up, like you said since opiates tend to drop them a bit and sun helps a lot in that regard.).

Once again I find myself going "damn, is this me?". One of the things I got into pretty heavily early on in my treatment was personal development books/cds/dvds. I very rapidly burned through all of Zig Ziglar's stuff, Earle Nightingale's fantastic (but brief) works, am working on Bryan Tracy's and even dabbled in a little Tony Robbins (none too impressed there though). I find it helps quite a bit, though there is a lot of 'bootstraps' mentality pervasive in those books that turns me off a bit, because while I know willpower is very important, it's not something that can fix this problem alone.

But when I found out my sister had developed an Oxy addiction completely independently of me, I bought her a copy of Over The Top because that book is really what got me started on a serious path to recovery.

I love the fact that you are thinking of getting of suboxone as "training for a fight". This is something that took me a while to realize, but when I did it had a PROFOUND effect on my attitude. I realized that my mental health was just like my physical health, and that all these years I had worked 100% on my physical conditioning while neglecting my mental conditioning. It is no different when you think of it like that. It's just like the overload principle for when training for hypertrophy. Short bouts of intense work that is very close to the max you can stand, without going to complete exhaustion.

Once I started applying the overload principle to my mental training, my progress shot through the roof. It's no longer overwhelming to think about how much work I have to do to get where I want to be, mentally. I have a plan, I get my work in every day, and over time the changes happen.

You've got a great head on your shoulders man and I know you'll kick this thing no sweat. You've got a plan and you have the willpower - Fights are won not in the ring, but in the gym months before through proper planning. All you have to do is execute that plan and victory will be yours.

I'm about to be packing up and moving, so I'll be in and out of here for the next couple weeks, but if you'd like I'm more than willing to shoot you my cell # through PM if you ever need to talk during the rough parts - that is assuming you're not like me and tend to hibernate like an injured bear whenever you are hurting :lol:

As far as my plan, I am most likely going the summer house route. What they do is basically switch you over to a shorter-acting opiod, I'm guessing hydro probably. They spend the first few days stabilizing you (they say you'll probably even get high that first day or two) before they begin tapering you down. The idea is (if I understand it 100%) that you avoid the withdrawals by switching to that other opiate while the suboxone clears your system, but you've tapered off the other opiate before you can get dependent.

I feel the same way as you, I do not want to be dependent on any pill to feel normal. I've wrestled with the question of "if I had a guaranteed unlimited supply of my DOC (drug of choice), would I want to be clean?" and finally I feel I can say with 100% certainty that YES, I would still want to be clean. The beauty of life is in the struggle. Without the lows, there can be no highs, and vice versa.

I am actually thankful that I became addicted this early in life, because I believe the lessons I have learned would have taken decades to sink in otherwise. Do I enjoy the whole process? Hell no! But I see the benefits. Luckily I never truly hit 'rock bottom' before I learned these lessons, so I may have had another opinion if I had.

I've rambled on too long here already, I had promised myself I'd be brief. Haven't walked the dogs and I have therapy in an hour and a half so I gotta jet!

Stay strong man, keep your chin tucked and your hands up - metaphorically, of course. We're taking our lives back. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think that for SOME young addicts, there's an impetus borne from addiction to go the extreme other way-- to live life without any pill or substance. I can comprehend this notion. It's like walking a tight rope, when you're taking Sub there is a safety net beneath you, and when we eliminate the Sub, there is no safety net to bare, however, the thrill of just living becomes that much more worthwhile. We want to walk the line and certainly there is risk, but isn't all of life just a tight rope walk, Sub or not? I feel like once you reach your 30's and problems with opiates continue to surface, then it's probably time to consider long-term maintenance, especially if you have responsibilities (such as a family, kids, a job, etc.) But we're young here and would like to give life a shot-- I think that's fair. I'm jumping off next week so I feel you guys. Best to everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone today is Tuesday and I feel pretty damn good. I have cut back my caffeine intake over the past week and found that it is incredibly helpful when tapering. I have also been eating and sleeping good and I found that it helps to be really consistent with my daily routine. Like go to sleep and the same time every night wake up at the same time eat and take my subs at the same time everyday. This stuff is helping and I just thought that I would throw it out there. I am on my second day at 10mg's and so far so good.

emJ - I really like the tightrope analogy. I agree with you and wish you luck during your jump. Earlier in my addiction I was a little bit angry because in rehab I was told that I could no longer drink alcohol or smoke weed and I didn't really understand what I had gotten myself into. Now I am looking at this as a positive thing and I can now do a lot of the things that I haven't been able to do because I was to busy partying. To me all drugs and alcohol are not good even to someone that is not an addict and now I am going to move on without those things in my life and I can only come to the conclusion that I will be better off. While other people are drinking I can catch up on work or go to the gym and do things that i have always wanted to do and also work on strengthening my recovery. Anyways enough rambling good luck to you and thanks for the post.

McGann - I am going to check out the Summer House thing you mentioned earlier and I am also going to check out some of the names of people and books you mentioned for personal growth. If you have any idea of the cost of one of these summer house things I would def be interested. I am going to PM you so check it out.

Post subject: Good luck!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

YoungAddict - Sound like you have a nice plan in place with meetings etc.....all of that stuff works generally when you're desperate....or when you have hit a bottom. For me, I didn't really start partying until I was about 23 which was strange... Always smoked pot at an early age..... I have read around that young age opiate users usually get "bored" after being on Suboxone for a while. I really wish you all good luck with trying this on your own. Just thinking of it gives me chills..

emJ - Yep, I agree if you're in your 30's like I am and can't get it right it's best to get on Suboxone long-term. Better known as "Addiction Remission" than long term maintenance. I also consider myself lucky to be alive and to have made it to my 30's from everything I have done. When you let go of recovery you may never get the chance to get recovery back. Some will make it but most will learn the hard way like we all have. I also want to wish you all luck - keep us posted!

SuperBuper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YoungAddict wrote:
Sorry if I sound a little bit caulky in my previous posts. I dont mean to be like that I am just really unhappy about the whole suboxone situation and I have found that it helps me quit when I hate it. I am thinking about trying to go a couple days without taking it to see if it will speed up my taper. If anyone knows of any good detox facilities to help get off of suboxone that would help a lot.

I dont know if there is just not a lot of people on this forum or if I said something wrong in my previous post so no one is responding.

Hey man, I don't think you said anything wrong at all. I am a busy guy. I work about 70 hours each week, so sometimes I don't have a lot of time to post. Didn't mean to leave you hanging! :D

Your reasons for wanting to get off suboxone are your reasons. You don't need to justify them.

One thing I would probably caution you on though is making "absolute" statements like "I will never do drugs again" and I am not saying that because I am rooting for you to have a relapse, but I think if you're not careful those kind of absolute statements can lead to the kind of thinking that just might get you in trouble again. Just be careful.

One thing I've learned in over 30 years of drug addiction is never say "never" because there is no "never" there's only today. My goal each day is to stay clean for one more day. That is all. I really think that's the best approach to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Junkie781 thanks for the reply I understand the whole busy thing. Up until lately I have been super busy as well but I recently took off some time to get the suboxone thing figured out. I have no plans for the next few months because i have completely dedicated my time to quitting subs. I have found that boredom can make the situation worse so I have been staying busy around the house and working on a bunch of stuff that I have been to busy to for.

I am on day 3 of 10mg's and I still feel pretty good maybe just a little bit tired at times because I am not stimulating my brain with subs. I am hoping that the rest of my taper goes as smooth as it has gone so far but I have a feeling that soon it will catch up with me. I have successfully reduced my dose by 6mg's less per day in the past two weeks. At this rate I will be down to 4mgs/day in no time. As I said in an earlier post reducing my caffeine and nicotine intake has been helping. I am taking two doses a day one in the morning when I wake up and then one at night as late as I can wait. Usually around 8 or 9pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Quick Update:
I have now tapered down to 8mg's/day and today was the first i experienced a few yawns here and there in between doses and a couple times my eyes would water but nothing more than that. And then when I took my night time dose at 9PM all went away. so another successful taper so far and down to 6mg next week. Thanks so much for everyone's support and I think things will get a little more exciting when I get down to 4 or 2 mg.

Abraham

Post subject: day 2 @ 8mg's
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Today is my second day taking only 8mgs and I wait to take my dose till as late as I can at night so I can sleep better and today I had some company over and we got to talking and we were watching the lakers game and I forgot all about taking my subs until right now which really just shows me how much mind over matter it really is and I feel really good. I hope the rest of my taper goes as well as it has been.

Abraham

Post subject: 6mg's
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I tapered down to 6mg's/day today and so far I feel ok not to much to write home about. I am expecting things to begin to get difficult when I get to around 4mg/day. So far I feel like I have done pretty well though and I am quite proud of myself for being able to go from 16 - 6 mg in a matter of 4 weeks. I feel like I finally have my suboxone under control. I am still on track to jump from subs completely in 4 weeks.

I must admit that since I have been tapering my dose I have not felt as much of the negative sides that I was feeling before. I think that I may have been taking too much before and this lower dose is working better for me as far as the way I feel. The only real side that I have felt lately is fatigue in the middle of my day and I law down and take a nap. But I am still determined to quit and I am going to be done on July 7th 2010 with suboxone.

Abraham

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Whats up YoungAddict? I hope that your switch to 6mg is a seamless as the rest of your tapper plan has seemed to be. I am glad that you are posting your tapper process because not only is it showing people that it can be down but hopefully it will motivate other people to start this process as well. I know it has motivated me! Since today is your first day on 6mg I am interested in hearing from you tomorrow on how everything has gone. looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow, Keep on keeping on :D.