It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:04 am 

You're so welcome, Queenie. You give so much love and support to this group and I want you to feel that come back to you when you need us. I know that I speak for many of us when I say that we care so much about you!

It's good to hear that you're back at home and I hope that you do what is necessary to stay comfortable. As long as you're taking fewer meds as time goes by I'm sure you'll be fine. Because if pain is on the increase you need to go back in!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi my grands, Hi Razor, Jenn & Amy,

I looked up how long Fentanyl stays in your system and it says up to 24 hours. I should be clear on that part because my surgery was Friday and that was the only time I got Fentanyl. My pain is better today but I still need the Percocet, at least every 5 hours, the pain gets strong. I tried Ibuprophen with no result.

Although my Sub dosage is 8 mgs. daily, tomorrow I may try to start transitioning. If my pain keeps improving at this rate, I think I may go for it.

My Sub Dr. was amazing. I e-mailed him my concern that my pharmacy may find it strange that pain meds were ordered and they have been supplying my Subs for about 2 years now. He e-maied me right away saying, "No problem, I called your pharmacy. I know you can return to the Subs, you've done so, before successfully and I'm proud of you for that. See you next appt" Now that is a good Dr. I have been very fortunate. I have been with him 7 years. Started on 32 mgs. of sub. Now he has me down to 8mgs.

Well, that's it for now. I'm resting and very optimistic that all will be well.

Stay well my children. Queenie loves you very much.

Hugs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:33 am 

That's the only thing that had me concerned Queenie was the fentanyl u were getting in the hospital. I didn't know when ur last dose of fentanyl was and that's why I was cautious about how quickly u went bk to suboxone. I thought u could have possibly been getting fentanyl and dilladid the majority of the time u were there and just being sent home with Percocet. Anyway, just wanted to explain why I was hesitant until knowing how long it had been since the fentanyl :) I felt like I needed to explain that.

Good luck Queenie! So glad ur able to rest bk at home now!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:57 pm 

Dr. Junig has only been doing the simultaneous protocol for the last couple of years, but he is finding that it is working for his post op patients.

I emailed him and he said he would stop by and take a look when he can, so hopefully we will hear from him soon!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you so much Amy. I am on the verge of transitioning today. My last Percocet was yesterday and today I took Ibuprophen 600 mgs.

I remember way back in 2009, my first sub doctor just sent me to the drugstore with an rx and told me to slip 1 orange tablet under my tongue as soon as I got the rx. I remember walking home and from the pharm to my front door(about 25 min) I felt so much better. I don't want to feel uncomfortable, so I'm thinking of going ahead.

I will check in to see if Dr, Junig says something.

Thank you so much!

Love, Qiueenie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So glad that you're home Queenie! Did the ibuprofen help that you took? I still have some pain on Subs due to that stupid botched surgery & I take about 400 mg of ibuprofen for the break through pain every so often. It's amazing how much it helps.

I hope that your transition back to Subs is smooth & easy. But I sure don't want you to be in too much pain!

Blessings to you dear. Sure am glad that this surgery is behind you now. We're all here thinking of you & supporting you in any way that we can.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi everyone,

I am proud to announce that my pain is minor enough to handle with Ibuprophen and I have successfully transitioned back to Suboxone!!

Thank you all for your support and well wishes. It meant more than you will ever, ever know. I will write soon but for now, lots of rest. I love you all so much.

Hugs,
Queenie