It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think what these very experienced people are trying to tell you is...you sound like you are possibly under estimating the seriousness of this disease. Six month stint or not, addiction is not something to be toyed with and taking care of the withdrawal symptoms may or may not do the trick. We thought my son would be fine once he got clean after using for 4 or 5 months. Guess what? Not the case... he was in college and managed to finish the year with a 3.6 but was using again before he even made it home. For most people addiction has absolutely nothing to do with will power or being weak...it is a disease that rears it's ugly head when you least suspect it or when you get your guard down. I suggest you get into some kind of treatment plan, that may mean seeing a therapist, talking to someone at your church or attending a 12 step meeting of some sort but just getting Suboxone and getting on with it really may not be enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry this was suppose to go under the "non judgemental advice post". :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well ya your suppose to go to meetings along with the suboxone program now i know some dr dont require it jus like mine does not require it and im starting school full time here in a few weeks so i dont know if i will look for some place to go as i havent been in school since high school and im sure it will consume all my time and keep me busy most of the time plus i dont have any cravings to use again since i started the subs and i dont think i will i have had the will power to quit cold turkey before for about a year but i wasnt really on one drug i kinda did them all when i was 19 20 years of age and at the end of the little episode i was shooting h only really did it for a month every day and i dont know if it was bc it wasnt tar or what it was powder that was not as strong as the tar that when i quit i didnt notice wd or what and back then i kinda jus went on binges with pills and coke and my drug of choice was good old weed now it jus makes me parnoid lol but after being clean for a year bc frankly i had no car no job pretty much jus stayed in the house and didnt go anywhere then guess what i got a job and a car and started snorting vics again i dono its kinda how i fit in at work i was the guy who could get everybody pills and trust me there were alot of pill heads so needless to say i became pretty well liked well i progressed up the opiate ladder went from vics to percs well skipped oxys this go around and went straight to shooting up h but now on subs since tue its been 6 days and its great not havin to drive an hour away and getting dope and worring about am i gonna get busted on the drive back and having to worry about lieing to my old lady about me using although she hasnt really done any drug in her life so she was pretty nieve to say the least lol but glad all thats over