It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:31 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Sooooo since I have started my taper my appetite has been OUT OF CONTROL! *GASP* :roll: So I am just curious if anyone else has gone through this? I have taperd from 4 mgs down to 2.25 over the last couple of weeks and everything sounds good, looks, good and I have to HAVE IT NOW! I feel serously pregnant! Also, I have alot of raw emotions... I love that though.. I can't sit through a damn commercial but it feels good to actually have soemthing there. I didn't expect any of this until after I was completely finished with my taper so I was a little thrown back. Just curious if anyone else has dealt with these things that are going to make me one sappy fat clean momma :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Be careful, it only gets worse when you're all the way off. I gained about 10-15 pounds since I quit sub. When I was on sub, I was incredibly thin, like in my active using days. Now I am probably what would be considered "normal."

But no, you're not imagining things. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Your body is getting back in touch with itself.....you have neurotransmitter always sending signals back and fourth In your brain/spine ect....opiats block/suppress much of this activity....when you put your hand on a hot stove your body is gunna send a signal to make you take your hand off that coil fast.......well appetite and basically everything else going on inside you is tied up in this chain of neurotransmitter activity........this activity has been suppressed and is gunna pick back up again.....lots of new sensations, its actually very exiting to me, congrats on getting closer to sobriety, every step foreword is a step in the right direction.........

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:28 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

F WORD! LOL! Ok ok... I know, I am doing good than right? My appetite is out of control for real! I was the smallest when I used subs the wrong way.. Than when I actually started taking them how they were supposed to be, I gained a bit of weight back. I like my weight right now so I'm thinking OH god I better lose weight now so I can gain back what I've lost!!! HA HA! Thanks Tiny & Semperfi for the replys!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:33 am 
New Poster
New Poster

this is great news for me, I have tapered down to 1.5 mg and have for sure felt an increased appetite. Ive been underweight my entire life and have trouble gaining weight, especially on opiates/suboxone so I am excited to finally get off and get to a normal weight for once in my life.