It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok so I screwed up :( and am not thrilled over it. I have been on suboxone since April 19th 2017. And over the past few weeks between work and home life issues I have had to miss my Drs appointments. Which was fine to begin with because I had a Stash of my subs.... until of course I ran out thinking I still had a script left.

A lil back story, I was started out on 12mg.... dropped down to 8 a month in. About 3 months ago dropped down to six mg and about a month ago came down to 4mg. Recently before I ran out I was taking one strip every other day sometimes I would miss a day so would take 8mg once every 3 days.

Fast forward to today :( I took my last suboxone Sunday. My Drs only open on Tues and Wednesday and of course could not get me in :( I started feeling real crappie yesterday (Wed) and today was almost unbearable. I tried all of my old contacts to see if anyone had a suboxone (Yes I know illegal) with no luck :( and I broke down and got my old DOC oxy 30mg.... Which I cried because I did not want to go that route but unfortunately I have to be productive and not be sick like I was all day. I held on to it all day and finally broke down about 1030 pm and took half of it. Mind you I didn't want to :( :( :( I don't know what to do I don't want to take DOC till I can get to Dr and what happens now if bychance I can get in tomorrow to see my Dr. ???? How Do I fix this! Or what if I have to wait till Tuesday ???? Uggg Iam lost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:42 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

KKJ,

It's a fairly simple problem that doesn't take much thought to fix. Do it by the book. Talk to your doctor and be honest about your use. Unfortunately, your drug screen will come out dirty now that you took the Oxy. That's why it is so important to tell the truth about struggling and not wanting to take it but you did so out of desperation. If he/she is good and compassionate it should turn out okay with you getting a new script.

After that, please take the medication the proper way as prescribed. No more messing around with different doses. Follow the rules and all will work out great. Discuss your taper method with your doctor so the entire medical staff knows what you are doing.

When in doubt, follow the directions. Yea, an old saying but it works in your case.

Hope it all works out for you and by now you're on a path of recovery instead of all mixed up. Have faith!

BD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:20 am 

Hey Kaykay! How are you doing? Did you get back into your doctor's office? Let us know what happened and how you are doing now!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi everyone,

Boy, I don't like it when we don't hear from people that are in a bit of trouble. I wish kaykay would get in touch and tell us what is going on.

Everyone else, take care. I know the holidays are coming. A tough and tempting time. But, we are strong.

My love and hugs to all

Queenie