It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello, all -

I've been pretty ubiquitous around here for the past few days! I have been caring for a foster-dog from the SPCA since 10/10. The poor guy was found emaciated and lost, and no one claimed him. He had some sort of major skin issue going on and needed high doses of Prednisone, antibiotics, special feeding, and medicated shampoos daily. The Prednisone made him drink mass quantities, and pee mass quantities, every hour! I haven't gone anywhere as I did not want to leave him alone.

His name is Jack and he is such a sweet dog! His skin is healed, his coat is starting to grow back, and he's gaining weight. I fell in love with him so today I adopted him! Now I have four dogs! Good thing they are all trained and very well behaved. I'm soooo happy! I don't know how I would have gotten through the last few years without my dogs. They are indeed man's best friends, in my opinion.

~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm right there with you, rossma. I had three dogs, but we lost one in 2008. We still have two. In addition we have 3 cats and a bird. A real menagerie going on over here. I can't imagine life without pets.

I think it's great that you adopted that dog! Good on you for stepping up to the plate. All but one of my cats and dogs were rescues, so I know how they can tug on your heart and not let go. I hope you and your family are very happy together.

You're an awesome addition to this forum. Thanks for sharing this part of yourself with us.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey now, I've got two dogs (they are both Cockapoos - Cocker Spaniel/Poodle mixed breed) and I also have an African Grey Parrot. My wife and I have no kids around the house, so the dogs are our babies. The parrot is just a pain in the ass, but he's a lot of fun too. Talks up a storm, in fact, he never shuts up.

His latest thing is: "Bipity Bopity Boo"

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:52 pm 
Me too. I've had 2 dogs and a cat who were "hard luck cases" that I took in, but have passed on now. This year I got a brand new rescue puppy, as well as a cat I adopted last fall the very same week I got on Suboxone.

Post subject: Me too
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Rossma, I have a Cocker Spaniel named Spencer. He helped me so much during my recovery and surgeries. He would cuddle with me in bed all day when I would come back from the hospital. He Follows me everywhere and is the sweetest companion.

I know how you feel. You were great doing all those things for him to make him all better.

We have to admit that through our hard times with addiction, they stand by us, protect us and love us unconditionally. It's as if they understand better than humans, what we are going through and they comfort us.

So glad to hear that little story. Keep up the good work.

Love & hope, Queenie