It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Tylenol 4 user
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:02 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been taking 4-5 Tylenol 4's daily for about two years now. My tolerance is so high they really don't have any effect that I can feel. I went to see my doctor and now he has given me Suboxone 8mg strips to help me off the Tylenols. He said wait 8 hours after my last Tylenol and then take a strip and it will stop any withdrawal symptoms. I am really scared though of going into precipitated withdrawal. I was in the hospital a few years ago and they didn't know I was on Tylenols and I went through a four day cold turkey hell of a withdrawal, stomach cramps and leg cramps were horrific. I am looking for any advice on how to do this, should I just follow the doctors orders and just wait 8 hours and take the first strip? 8 mg seems like alot for just 4-5 Tylenols. Maybe I should cold turkey for a day or two then use the first strips? Maybe I should cut the strips into quarters and try a quarter at a time? Anybody who has been through this and can make a recommendation would be most appreciated. Thanks1 :)

Post subject: Re: Tylenol 4 user
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi T4user, welcome to the forum!!

To induct onto Suboxone, you should really use the COWS (Clinical Opiate Wd Scale). The COWS allows you to score yourself on how bad your wd is, thus letting you know when to start. Here's a link to a COWS worksheet. http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_ind ... _sheet.pdf

If it were me inducting, I would wait a minimum of 12 hours before looking at the COWS, then I'd consider starting Suboxone. A lot of doctors recommend waiting 24 hours, but that's probably overkill in a lot of cases.

8mg of Suboxone sounds like a whopper of a first dose for your habit. I went from 300mg a day of Hydrocodone to 8mg of Suboxone and that 8mg twacked me good. If I were you, I'd start with 2mg and go from there. Starting out too high can give you crappy side effects, starting out low allows you to increase, if you need.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:57 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey first off DO NOT TAKE THAT SUBOXONE AFTER 8 HOURS. you will go into precipitated withdrawal. You must wait 24 hours to def be free of that effect. Your doctor is a fool and should be fined for stupidity. Take 4 mg after at least 18 but preferably 24 hours. wait at least 2 hours and take the other 4 if you are not out of withdrawal. You will need more then 1 8mg strip. If that is all you have then cut into 4 sections and take first one after 18 to 24 hours and second 2 hours later then take the other 2 ,one the following evening or 24 hours later and the last one in another 24 hours. Even better if you can cut the last dose into halves and do them 24 hours apart to get an extra day out of it. This will help with 75% of the withdrawal. Blackseed oil and agmatine both work wonders. Google them and order off line.

Last edited by Amy-Work In Progress on Wed May 07, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
advertising

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks everybody for the good advice, the doctor who prescribed me the suboxone doesn't really seem to know too much. I'm currently taking 5 Tylenol 4's per day, all at once. My plan is to stop cold turkey for 48 hours than take 1 mg of the suboxone strip (I have cut them into 8 equal pieces), if that doesn't make me feel better I will take one more 1 mg piece and so on until I reach a level where I am no longer in withdrawal. I'll let you know how it works out. I will be so happy to be free of this addiction. I don't want to be hooked on suboxone either though, so I will quit taking that after 4 months. I hope that sounds like a logical plan. Any other advice anyone could supply would be most appreciated. Thanks!! :)