It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wanted to share with you all my two year "anniversary". Some of you know my history and how I came to be on suboxone. For those of you who don't, in short - all the drugs I was taking finally made me literally lose my mind. On this day two years ago I finally was admitted to the hospital, practically crazed. I started suboxone I believe two days later.

In the last two years I've been working on myself as well as my marriage. Active addiction practically destroyed my husband and our relationship. We did end up in marriage counseling. (In fact for those of you who are married and struggling with addiction issues, I would highly recommend marriage counseling.) The counseling made it possible for us to heal all the destruction I caused.

I went from craving drugs 24 hours a day, planning all my time around those drugs, and almost dying because of it, to a person who is more confident and much happier (with a happier husband, I might add) and in complete addiction remission.

These changes did not happen overnight. In fact I believe my progress is still happening...It's a life-long process. In addition to the marriage counseling I also have an individual therapist with whom I work weekly. Then there's this forum. This place and all of you have helped me so much more than you'll ever know. I learned about others as well as myself. I learned about suboxone and about addiction. I feel very lucky that I found this forum when I did. I don't think I'd be in as good of shape otherwise.

Lately I've realized that I came out of my addiction so much stronger and happier. I think without it I wouldn't have grown as much as I have. In fact, I can easily say I'd go through it all again in order to be where I am today.

So for those of you early in your sub treatment/remission, give yourself time. Do what you need to do for yourself and things WILL get better. You can be happier, stronger, and more confident. Hell, look what you went through and survived! We should all be proud of that.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Go Hatmaker, Go Hatmaker!

Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! That rocks.

You mentioned something that hit me between the eyes, you said 'Lately I've realized that I came out of my addiction so much stronger and happier. I think without it I wouldn't have grown as much as I have. In fact, I can easily say I'd go through it all again in order to be where I am today.' Honestly, I thought I was the only one ever to feel that way, but I was afraid to share those sentiments on the fourm for fear of people thinking I was completely off my rocker. I know I wouldn't be the person I am today had I not experienced my addictions and I like the person I am today a lot. Thank you for your courage in mentioning that.

Thank you for all the support and help you have rendered to me and all the others on this forum...we appreciate it greatly!

TTYL :D

Post subject: HEY HAT...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:15 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Congratulations , you are such an asset to this forum, Thank You.... Mike

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:48 pm 
Wow hat congragulations!! That is an amazing accomplishment!! I wish you a lifetime of success and i thank you for the help you provide on this forum. You are truly inspirational!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay! Congrats Hat - may you have many more happy and addiction-free years to come.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations! Two years is a big deal. You have gone through so much in these two years and you have done so well through all of it. I would agree with you that there can be a lot of strength and growth gained through addiction and a good recovery. You are clearly one of those people. Keep up the good work! Fight the good fight! Thank you for all your contributions on the forum.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:42 am 
Mel, congratulations on two years! I know you had to go through hell to get here, but the fact that you ARE here has meant more than you know to everyone on this forum. Your presence and this forum have been a huge part of my recovery, and I am very grateful for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats, Very nice! The great thing about this web sight is, that everyone "here" know's, and understands what you've been through. Keep up the good work!

Post subject: Congratulations!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good Job, Hat!! I'm really happy for you and I love hearing these stories. I'm so thankful that there is a medicine like this available to lift people out of addiction and give them a chance at recovery. After reading many of your posts on this forum, I've developed a very high opinion of you. You stand out as smart, reliable, and compassionate. It would have been a monumental waste if you had given your whole life to addiction. Instead, you are here helping out other people and being an example of how much someone can change in two years.

Happy birthday!!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That is really awesome, way to go Hat =)

Happy Holidays too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow hat im sorry I didn’t see this thread sooner but wow let me say congrats and im so proud to see you are 2 years free addiction that says so much about you. And I think every single person on this site would say you seem very sable on SUB and are doing really well. But great job and I hope to be here for year 3 and how every many more you need.