It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

As an addict, I am grateful for the opportunities that I now have; and the perspective along with the wisdom that is presented on this forum. I wanted to tell everyone about a gentleman that I spoke with when I went to my first appointment the other day.

The guy was from Ohio, and we were just speaking in retrospect mostly; our habits, former associates, etc. He then told me that he was seeing another Doctor just across the border in Kentucky also! It caught me off guard; because the first words that came to my mind were "doctor shopping". As we spoke, I realized that this cat is selling. It's on him, and none of my business. But I am disappointed to know that this sort of activity is possible with suboxone. I don't know everything, never claimed to, but the nationwide database is supposed to prevent this isn't it? It is hardly doing a good job, this guy "claims" that he's done this for over two years.

Any insight is appreciated!!!!

Just an old.................

Convict

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The dealers are the ones that give us a bad name......but unfortunatly this happens everywhere...thanks for sharing that!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree, this person is selling, which absolutely sucks, big time. But there isn't much that can be done. Some states have a central database of prescriptions which would catch this sort of thing. Perhaps your state doesn't have one yet. If it doesn't, it probably will soon. Those that don't seem to be switching over to them soon. And I also agree that they do give us a very bad name.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Its these kind of people who are going to mess it up for us that actually need suboxone. I'd turn him in!!!!!! I mean don't these doctors do a mandatory UA to see if he is actually taking the medication. And to see if he even needed it in the first place. Also I thought Pharmacies had databases to prevent "doctor shopping". The last pharmacy i went to asked me if i was seeing 2 doctors because i switched doctors. And because he was an A**. but that's another story....