It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

As an addict, I am grateful for the opportunities that I now have; and the perspective along with the wisdom that is presented on this forum. I wanted to tell everyone about a gentleman that I spoke with when I went to my first appointment the other day.

The guy was from Ohio, and we were just speaking in retrospect mostly; our habits, former associates, etc. He then told me that he was seeing another Doctor just across the border in Kentucky also! It caught me off guard; because the first words that came to my mind were "doctor shopping". As we spoke, I realized that this cat is selling. It's on him, and none of my business. But I am disappointed to know that this sort of activity is possible with suboxone. I don't know everything, never claimed to, but the nationwide database is supposed to prevent this isn't it? It is hardly doing a good job, this guy "claims" that he's done this for over two years.

Any insight is appreciated!!!!

Just an old.................

Convict

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

personally in thought good for him,in one thought in mind its sucks because that makes it one less addict that this Dr can help but on the other hand the guy that is selling is sharing the wealth so to speak,there are so many just like I was once and who knows may just be again that don't have a Dr. or any means or knowledge as to what and where to go,I was heavily addicted to the oxys and when someone from the streets had a suboxone i bought it for many reasons and wished i had more to keep me off the little green devil(80's)the suboxone was a godsend to my life and there are so many that have no way to get relief(if i may use that term) in life,when you don't have a Dr. but you have the disease its a godsend to have someone from the street to produce you with life back at a norm,i say good for him,i just hope he is fair in helping fellow addicts and not trying to get rich,two packs of cigarettes and a gallon of gas is worth a day or two of being and feeling normality without crime,sickness,and the list goes on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I see where someone may think it's a humane thing to be selling Sub to an addict who cannot get it from a doctor. I still cry foul. For one, it gives Sub a bad name and freaks the powers that be out even more over the diversion issue. Also, the one person I knew who was doing this was selling it mainly to people who were using it to take 'vacations' from their regular opiates or for when they ran out. It's just not right and it's not safe either. How does someone selling it know if the person buying it knows how to take it? How do they know whether the person will combine it with some other med they get off the street and get sick or die from an interaction? With the new bar codes on films, that could amount to a very serious charge. This is not candy or cigarettes. It's a serious medication and should be respected as such. If someone is so concerned with the well-being of a fellow addict, I'd think they would just give it away and not accept a dime for it. Making money off of another person's addiction doesn't sit well with me at all. Also, it's a felony to do this, so the 'life without crime' thing doesn't work anymore. I think it's best for all of us if we try to protect the reputation of Suboxone by protecting the integrity of how it's prescribed and obtained. Just my $.02.

laddertipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hmm... selling suboX... yeah. I now all about that. Though I've never ever done that, at least I didn't take money for it. My friend used to take more sub then prescribed. And so he regularely ran out with no way to get a refill since he "officially" has enough sub for e.g. 2,3 more days. I, on the other hand took less then prescribed, so I gathered quite a nice backup of subs.

So I would frequently just give it to him 'cause I now what WD is like. Although I grew tired of it since he kinda began to expect me to always have some suboX ready for him.... Instead of just asking the doc to up his dose or just stay on the prescribed dose. He just always wanted more the prescribed... Poor guy.
Anyway, he then moved to a neighbouring country, where no suboxone or methadone program exists on a national level. And suboxone is still entering the program, so it's not yet fully available to ppl. Unless you pay a ridiculously high price to enter a program, and when you do, it's not maintenance but some kind of tapering. The economic standard in that country is low, so ppl can't really afford it.
So my friend came to the conclusion that he could make quite a dine if he'd sell it in this country. He asked the doc to up his dose, so he collected as many packs of suboX as possible (a pack is 7tbl), from the doc and what he could buy on the streets to sell it over borders. He carried an approval note from his doc for suboX, so he could carry it over with no problem.

Over here, one pack of 7 8mg tablets is about 40$, (7 2mg tbl about 11$). In that other country the street value for just one 8mg pack was as high as 150€! So it's a real black market. Since ppl are really desperate having no maintenance programs. I just hope their government implements a nation wide suboX program soon. In my country suboX maintenance exists for years now, so I was just really surprised to hear there was none about 500km away....
The sad part is he used all that cash he made from selling suboX, to buy H.... He said he'd stop sub and be a while on H. Because he felt that WD from H is much easier to bare. 7, 10 days of WD and you're clear. Contrary to suboX WD's, lingering for a month or more.
Needles to say he lost his wife and kid mainly because he started using again, and eventually got back on suboX. Really sad story. Not to say pointless....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

in response to laddertipper,if it were so simple as the way i understood you comment please don't take this in any way offensive but for me with almost 40 years of addiction to alcohol and narcotics your way sounds just great,"if someone is so concerned with the well-being of a fellow addict,I'd think they would just give it away and not accept a dime for it",lol now thats funny,I would certainly have loved to be your best friend for about 30 years,so if I were to pay hundreds of dollars for med's and have a few extra i might as well give it away because I'm concerned for my fellow addict and for all those years that i had to buy my drugs any other addict that knew me should just give me what i don't have,anyways it don't and never works like that longer than temporary,also as beupe addict explains how the person on the free receiving end gets accustomed to and expects it as their personal backup and as the caregiver gets sick and tired of giving them their supply,I know i got sick of having the moochers hanging around and when i was in need there isn't any hand outs it always cost $,in general people that are selling to another addict they already know the person they are dealing with and the odds of someone selling a beup to someone who has never taken one or someone whom they don't know as an addict that is going through withdrawal are slim,beups are sold in a respective way if thats the right term of words believe it or not beups are not generally sold as a way to get high like the oxycontin and percocet and so on,they are generally sold for the help and comfort of a fellow addict to help them due to the fact that the other person has or cannot receive legal help,as i had had a long conversation with a DR. about the tapering of suboxone,as an addict i was speaking for thousands of other addicts out there that we are not scared of tapering or reducing an amount that is prescribed,one of the biggest reasons to argue and dispute a reduction with the DR. but wont tell them is that if the reduction isn't working then what in the hell can we say to convince the DR.to raise the dose back to where it was,because we all know that getting a DR. to give you back more is near impossible,so for that matter we will always complain that it isn't enough,with that said then a person generally wont have to fear the idea of going to the streets because they are not getting what works to maintain a good life because if they are being prescribed and running to the streets as well then nothing will change as for that person being involved in the run and Chase game of drugs and we all know how that game just purely sucks and change is a very important part of sobriety,how can you stay clean and sober for ever if you are still in the mix of the same crowd even if its just for beuts,yea cant.