It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I made the decision this last tuesday to try Suboxone therapy after fighting a hydro (30 norco's a day) and oxy (4 30mg Roxicodone/day) addiction that has kept me in total bondage for over a year. I had 4 years clean time before I relapsed last year and I just cannot get off of these things. I tried tapering off and I couldn't do it! I have spent an ungodly amount of money in the last year and I feel that I have lost my very soul to this wicked addiction that I have got myself into. I am placing alot of hope in todays visit as the beginning of the end to a horrid existence.
I called the doctors office back yesterday after reading several post in the induction forum and I asked them if I needed to be in moderate withdrawal of to remain abstinent for a while before my visit. They said: "No, no, just come as you are, it doesnt matter." I assume that this Sub doctor simply starts everyone on a standard starter dose and then works from there, but my assumptions are not based on experience. My appt is at 11 am central time. I took 10 30mg dihydrocodeine an hour ago to stave off withdrawals so that I can make the trip. Its an hour away. The DHC works good for keeping withdrawals at bay but I feel absolutely no euphoria at all from them, other than the euphoria of not withdrawing.
I will report back and let ya know what happened. Maybe it will work out and I will get the help that I have been reading about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi TennTom and welcome to the forum. It sounds like the last year has been rough for you...but the important thing right now is you've made the decision to put a stop to it and start suboxone treatment. I started sub almost 3 years ago and it was the very best thing that could have happened to me. I hope you have the same experience.

Since your doc said it wasn't necessary for you to be in withdrawals when you come in, maybe he plans on having you do your induction at home. Unfortunately some doctors do that. Put simply, there's just no way around being in withdrawals before starting suboxone.

Good luck at your appointment and please let us know how it goes.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Thanks for the reply
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to add, when I asked the lady on the phone about what I need to bring, she said for me to bring a photo I.D. and $300 and that was it. I'll be heading there in about an hour.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hopefully you will not have a bad experience like I did with my first Sub Dr.PLEASE do as much research on it as you can.You do have to be in mild to moderate withdrawal in order for it to work (minimum of 12 hours after last dose of short acting opiates) the longer you wait the better it will work or you will go into severe precipitated withdrawal. Also my first Dr,moron,had me induce at home which is OK with the exception she only started me at 2 mg twice a day.My new Dr starts everyone off at 16mg.This is a great dose for me.Anything 4-6 and below you are under the ceiling or will continuously be dipping under the ceiling and you wont feel better.Please keep us posted.As crappy as withdrawal feels,you HAVE to endur it for a period of time for the meds to work.Preferably a min of 24 hours.Good luck and keep us posted!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay Im back. The Dr put me on 16 mgs/daily. Of course, being the good addict that I am, I have already dissolved 3/4 of an 8mg tab under my tongue starting about an hour and a half ago. If I was going to have a precip. withdrawal reaction, I would have likely done had it. I actually feel pretty...........normal. I feel absolutely NO opiate feeling, and I feel NO opiate withdrawal feeling. I took a few dihydrocodeine tabs at 6 am this morning. They have a half life of 4 hours and evidently they wasn't strong enough in my blood to cause problems with my dose of suboxone. More later...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have now taken 8mgs...one tablet divided into 4 doses, sublingually, per the Drs. orders. I still don't feel what you would call: an opiate buzz but then, the way I feel now, I wouldn't won't to mess it up with a, opiate buzz. All I can say is, I simply feel great. I feel like working, or sitting here typing, or taking a shower or not taking a shower. I dont feel nervous. Just satisfied. I ate a Meatball Marinara 6 inch sub from Subway about 10 minutes ago and the satisfied feeling seemed more intense. So far, I like th decision I made to switch from Norcos and Roxicodone to Suboxone. It's good to feel good, and not have to break three or four laws to feel good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good for you! Ive been on Sub 3 wks and thats how I feel.Just good,content.Its a good feeling.I am now optimistic and can think clearly without thoughts of how,what,where,when and how Im getting my next fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

melijm wrote:
Good for you! Ive been on Sub 3 wks and thats how I feel.Just good,content.Its a good feeling.I am now optimistic and can think clearly without thoughts of how,what,where,when and how Im getting my next fix.

You got THAT right!!!! I got so sick and tired of the how, what, when and how!!!!! That part of addiction is about as rough as the rest of it!!! Mothing is quite as NERVE RACKING as waiting for someone to call and tell me that has 90 of this or that that he wants to sell. And then scrounging up the money! And having to borrow money. Having to bum smokes because I spent all of my money on my pills. And on and on!!! Our dignity takes a hard hit from this disease, man!!! Maybe that is about to turn around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

melijm wrote:

I love how clear headed I am now. My marks in college have gone up by 30% haha... 1st year I was all doped up, this year(2nd year mech. engineering) I can actually think properly and able to pay attention while learning in lectures(instead of day before exam cramming) I basically did a total 180 in terms of actually caring about my studies as the 'numbing' effect is no longer here with buprenorphine while the withdrawals are at bay and no more thinking of heroin, just living life without thinking about it, totally out of my mind

I am very happy with using suboxone, some days i just feel SUPER happy and very optimistic of my self as I have come along way, from a gram a day dope habit to 8 mg of suboxone from 12 i was started on back last week of june 2011...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:27 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

:wink: It does feel great to have my life back.without worring when.where and how to get my next fix. You should be very proud of yourself and your studies. Happy it is going well for you.Keep it up.
Mel