It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There are so many in here who are battling WDs or soon will be. Right now at Day 17 from a forced jump offf 8mgs a day I am still weak. My main complaint is no sleep. To those of you whp made it through this hell hole: What Day was your first good day/night's sleep? At what point did you feel truly liberated? I think your courageous stories--even a sentence or two--would make alot of difference for people like me who are battling this thing. Please share your look-back point when the WDs hit that critical time and a breakthough happened. Thanks so much and great job for plowing on through and setting the example for us.

brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey brian,

Congratulations on 17 days!!

Do you have any Clonidine yet?? Clondine will help calm the Sympathetic Nervous System (your SNS is going nuts and that's why you can't sleep). I took .1mg of Clonidine twice daily. Unfortunately, I didn't even start taking Clonidine until day 30 of my wd......I didn't know it existed.

OK, I'm gonna answer your questions now because, like you, I stopped Suboxone from a pretty high dose, but I want to give a warning......you're NOT gonna like what you're about to read. I didn't get a GOOD nights sleep until I was almost 1 year off of Suboxone. Even though I still wasn't sleeping great, I felt truly liberated around 9 months.

To me, a GOOD night sleep is being able to sleep through the night and that did take about a year to happen for me. Now, somewhere around 2 months I was able to get to sleep around 1am, wake at 3am, back to sleep at 5am, then up at 8am. Those 5 hours of sleep were golden to me because prior to that, I wasn't even able to get to sleep UNTIL 5am.....then I'd sleep until 8am if I was lucky. Very slowly, my sleep got better. I sleep through the night some nights, more often than not, I wake around 1am or so(and it's WIDE awake). I have a quick routine I do when I do wake up though. I grab a bite to eat, I may watch some TV or hop on the forum for 10 minutes or so, then back to sleep I go.

Brian, that was my wd experience. I've been on this forum for a good while now and I have only found 1 other person who's wd experience lines up with mine. Most wd experiences that I've read are more mild than what I went through. I wanted to share my experience with you though because there seems to be so few of us who quit Suboxone and stick around the forum.

DoaQ quit Suboxone over 2 years ago. As far as I can remember, she was feeling back to normal around 2 or 3 months. I think her experience is more typical??

Oooops, I forgot to mention this.....even though my sleep was pretty awful for a LONG time, I was still able to function on a very high level once I got around the 2 or 3 month mark. It's amazing how resilient the human mind and body can be on craptacular sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo--
Thanks dude. You are one of the consistently encouraging voices on this site. I see you posts to people alot. Yeah you're right--I didnt want to hear that. lol Clonodine--when I talked to my doctor--my regular doc not my Suboxone doc--she was leary to put me on any Benzo type drugs. She has stayed away from Ambien, etc because she didnt want to fire up anything whiloe they are shutting down. I think she meant for the most intense part--not sure. So I'm not sure if she would prescribe Clonidine. Guess it depends on if it is an addictive or Benzo or whatever. She was comfortable with Trazadone--which eneed up not helping me sleep. And with Amitryptoline--becasue she said these had different pathways. The sleep issue is by far the worst for me. I hate the long nights. Too tired to get out of bed--but eventually do. And yet unable to sleep. What a hell I put myself into--priice we pay I guess. Anyway Romeo my man--thanks for being a light in the dark. I'm glad you made it through the tunnel.

brian

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tell that doorknob doctor of yours that CLONIDINE is NOT a benzo type drug, Klonopin IS. They always get those two mixed up.

You want C L O N I D I N E, it's a blood pressure medication that is prescribed off label for opiate wd. It will calm your SNS, which is responsible for a lot of your wd symptoms. I almost crapped my pants when I started on Clonidine, it made such a big difference I was like, "Why am I now just finding out about this shit on day 30 of my wd!!!!!!!!!!"

I tried Amitriptilene (I know, I just butchered the spelling on that one!!!), but it didn't help. The Clonidine helped me a lot though. Have I menitioned Clonidine to you yet?? Have you heard of Clonidine?? Want me to tell you more about Clonidine?? LOL!!! I think you get the hint.

Oh Yeah, watch out for that Ambien at this point in your wd. If you wake up after an hour or so after taking it, you will do some strange shit and NOT remember it. I got up and drove one night. I remember only bits and pieces of the ride, I remember I was listening to AC/DC Hell's Bells??

Brian, YOU can make it through the tunnel too!!