It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all. I have been on suboxone now for about 18 months. Previously I was on it for 2 years and detoxed completely off. It was hell. this was when they had the pills only. It took me about a year to go from 4 to zero with a long time at .25 skipping days for a few weeks and then I took a whole 8mg quit. It wasn't that bad, toughed it out for about 2 weeks and I stayed free for a few years. Had an injury and got myself jammed on the pain pills again. I so regret getting back on Sub but I was weak and had no choice. I noticed the film is different (to me anyway) then the pills. On the pills I went from 8 to 4 mg with no problem what so ever. It was my maintenance dose. For some reason I am struggling just getting to 4mg. Has anyone had this trouble? God if can't even get to 4, how the heck am I ever going to get off this stuff?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:02 pm 

Hi 2ndtimearound,

That's too bad you ended up back on Suboxone after successfully quitting it for a few years. But you did what needed to be done and now here you are with a different tolerance to Sub than the last time.

The films give you a little better absorption so you are receiving more Bupe than last time. That really shouldn't matter much though. All I can say is taper very slow and give plenty of time in between drops. The film is easier to taper from due to the ease of cutting them. Maybe last time you made large drops, you didn't say how you did it. I was able to make large drops too when I was in my first year of Sub.

Just take it as slow as you can. Welcome to the forum!

r