It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:13 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone, my name is Justin and I was previously addicted to opiates. It's been about 3 years since I've taken an opiate and I've pretty much been on suboxone the whole time. I did have insurance for them at first but that stopped and I've been paying for them out of pocket ever since, which is about half my paycheck and it's killing me. I started by taking 2 of the 8mg strips a day, but I'm down to one and a half a day now. I take my first one at 7 in the morning right before work and I take a half around 5 when I get off. I recently totaled my 2001 Lexus is300 which was my baby and my mom gave me some motivation, she said when I'm off the suboxone I can get another Lexus. And I'm tired of driving around this crappy Toyota I got now. Please can I get replys on how I should taper it down and how long it will take, I REALLY want my new car. I guess I would go down to one and a quarter next? By maybe taking one in the morning and 1/4 after work, or should I do 3/4 in the morning and a half after work??? I just don't know how to do it but I've been on these for too long and wanna get back to a normal life, I don't wanna be on these in the future when I have a wife and kids....Sorry I wrote so much but I don't know what to do, PLEASE HELP!

Sincerely, Justin M. Carman

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Justin, you can search on here for tapering schedules. Theres tons of advice on this forum. Just type in tapering in the search window.

The more important subject to be thinking about is are you ready to stay clean when you are off? A new car is great and all, but.......just like every car, it gets old, but that trigger, those things that make you want to use, somehow they don't get old. They just hang around until you hit a rough patch and rear their ugly head. So before you jump off, you should look into learning how to deal with that.

I'm not trying to tell you not to try and quit sub, I just want you to succeed after, too.

Good luck, CC

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:36 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

yea bud I would suggest a taper. the is a guy on here with a guide on how to cut and get on down. keep us posted