It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi,
I have a hurniated disc L5 S1. I was taking hydrocodone from 2009 til 5 months ago. I stopped and began suboxone film. The dr proscribed 56 8mg strips for 30 days. The first couple days only did 1 full 8mg strip. The third day I just took a quarter. Day 4 I cut the strip in 12 pieces and took 1 piece in the morning and a 2nd piece at night. After reading all of the horror stories online I have been nervous to cut down. A month ago I did cut down. Now I cut the strip I. 18 pieces. If I did the math right it would be .44mg per piece. I take 1 in the am and 1 in the pm. Just need a lil advice on what to do and expect next please.
P.S. My back has locked up on me 2 times in the past 3 months. It has been so bad that I couldn't walk to the bathroom w/o tears In My eyes but yet I still stayed at the same dose. Also I still have a full bottle of my old script of norcos and didn't take those. I'm not gonna give up. I really want to be done.

Thanks
TK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I forgot to say how norcos I was taking before I got on subs. My tolerance got so high I had to take 3 norco 10's in the morning to just kill the w/d. On average I was taking 12-16 norco 10's a day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:48 pm 

Your story sounds so much like mine. Same area with the back, and of course the most common area to give a person trouble.

After all the norco's, soma's, tramadols, (or whatever I could get my hands on) I ended up on Suboxone just like you. And also like you, I tapered down to roughly 1 mg in my first year. After a few weeks of back pain that seemed triple, the pain went away. For some reason it just stopped bugging me. So now I wonder if by taking all those pain pills, did they keep me in pain? Weird to have it gone. Not completely of course. My lower back is very tender and I have to be extremely careful at all times. All I have now is Suboxone, Tramadol, and Aleve. Because I'm on Sub I don't/can't feel the tramadols anymore. So for pain I take 2 Aleve and 2 Ultrams. (tramadol) It seems to work well enough. Have you tried those two combinations?

And not to burst your bubble, those norco's you still have won't give you any euphoric feeling whatsoever, so don't even try. Trust me, I did and after taking a dozen within an hour, nothing happened. And that is after I'd been off Suboxone for 2-3 weeks! Put them in grease, oil, or whatever you got to destroy them. They don't want us flushing them anymore. It gets into the water system eventually.

If you stop the Suboxone, what will you take to relieve the pain? Or try holding on for awhile and see if it won't go away by itself. That is, if you stop the Suboxone. I was supposed to have surgery but declined. Best decision I ever made.

Welcome to the forum!

rule

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:47 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I also was almost taking that many Norco myself from resulting from an injury. If you can stop the sub since it seems the longer on it, the harder to quit. I am about 12 maybe more days off sub. Would've been off and feeling awesome if I didn't relapse :( wow the relapse set me back really bad. I've tried to replace the sub with norco many times. Never worked. The. 4,5,6 day was the worst. Look up otc and prescription medications that will help you. I can tell you I have read horror stories on here myself. I jumped from a way higher dose from you, I think you will do great :-) sorry about the pain :( guess you have a hard decision to make! Is subutex a option for you!!?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I also have 2 herniated discs in my back. I use the icy hot tens unit and it works amazing. I highly recommend it! Works far better than narcotic pain pills iMHO!