It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:47 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Tiki, hi Amy.
Tiki how long have you been smoking? I've been going at it since 13 and will be 40 this month.
Like you, I went 18 months once. Then I was drinking one night and it got me!

Amy good idea to keep this thread going to help support me in this journey. Oh and yes I used to be very fond of cloves myself back in the day. As a matter of fact, I bought a pack last month just for fun. They were a hit because I was at a party, and everyone liked the smell.

Okay so my quit date is on Friday, but I am a step ahead as I already put the patch on and have vaped minimally. Funny thing one of my vaporizers broke just in time to not have to buy a new one. I have my patches and a quit smoking participant workbook.
Tiki what is your plan?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sherah

I have been smoking for 30 years (yikes) minus the many times i "quit for good". I am just starting to put my plan in place. My quit date is May 21. M doctor won't let me use the patch because i have high blood pressure and he thinks it will be a problem but i can use the gum or lozenges. I purchased a zero nicotine e-cig and will use that to "hold" like i do now and puff if i really need to.

In the past i have used the patch with good results (meaning i did quit for a while) so i hope the gum works as the patch did. I also bought a coloring book and would color if i was having a bad craving.

Where did you get the workbook? I may be interested in that. I am also mentally preparing by thinking about the negative effects smoking has on me. I also used an index card (similar to Rule) and wrote down the positives of quitting on one side and the negative things that will happen on the back which did help also.

You got this and don't say try - say I AM QUITTING SMOKING.

Looking forward to giving and getting support on this thread...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:12 am 

Sherah, I'm suggesting that you create a brand new thread to track your progress.

And where the heck did you get cloves?? They are supposed to be outlawed with all of the other flavored cigarettes! I have heard that you can still get them here and there. When I was driving through NH last summer they were available at a place I stopped for gas. It's probably for the best that I don't know where to find them around here. I smoked them because they gave me a high and I don't want to mess around with that anymore!

Start a Sherah thread!!

:)
Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:19 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Tiki,
Hey there! Sorry for the delay but I have been out of a computer for the last week and just learning how to use this tablet. My old one went kapoooey. I posted a few days ago but it didn't save. The quit smoking workbook I have is from the VA. Are you a Veteran? If so ask your doc about it. I have not started my own thread yet because I have been pretty have assed. I have been wearing the patch for the last 4 days and vaping here and there. I am not stuck to the vape like I normally am, but am having a hard time in the mornings.
Amy I got the cloves in a smoke shop in Seattle. I personally have never been high from cloves.
Okay ladies, I will start posting more as soon as I get settled. I am moving, new puter, etc....