It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:28 am 
Does anyone know of any chain of pharmacies that carries the newer generic subutex made by Teva? I was kinda hoping they might be made better than the ones by Roxanne. ~PEACE~ P.S. Im not complaining. Just trying to get the quality i deserve considering the money im spending. Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have tried both never noticed a diffrence whats wrong with the one you got don't like the tast that goes away after some time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've also taken both and there hasn't been anything different. If you're looking for a cheaper place to find the generics I know Sam's Club/Wallmart around here in central Indiana sells 30ct. 8mg buprenoprhine (generic Subutex) tabs for $89.00 as compared to CVS that charges $150.00 and Wallgreens that charges about $162.00. I certainly hope the price will keep going down as buprenorphine has apparently always been a relatively cheap drug to manuifacture but who knows I suppose there could be some other reasons that increase the cost. Anywho the long and the short of it is if you were to give both generics a try I doubt anyone could tell any significant difference, at least in my own experience.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:35 am 
Thanks for responding. Its not the price. Im getting the generic made by Roxanne and they get soft and start falling apart after about a week. They work great when i first get them but like i say, about a week or so they just start to crumble. They start looking like rats have been nibbling on them lol. Soon as they get wet they fall apart in my mouth and basically get swallowed. I was just hoping that the generic by Teva might be made a little better. I've called every pharmacy their is in this little bitty town i live in and some dont even have a generic while others only have the one by Roxanne. The taste really isnt any kind of problem however, they most definitely lose they're taste after time. They taste pretty bitter at first but soon start tasting weird and nasty. My insurance starts next month so i think im gonna go ahead and get the name brand. Maybe that will solve the problem. Anyways, thank again for the replies. ~PEACE~