It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: trying to get off
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I currently take 2mg of suboxone and want to be done with it. I have 15 8mg strips left. Can I do a taper that would allow this to be my last 15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome, I would say its totally possible. When getting into low doses 15 strips can last quite a while. However I would suggest getting a script for the 2mg films. The slower and lower you taper the best chance you have of avoiding withdrawl. If it's possible you should try to get down to .125 or at least .25. These small doses are very hard to get accurately from the 8mg strip.

Some people can not stick to the taper and get that low but that is fine too, you will just have more withdrawl to contend with. I would suggest reading thru the stopping suboxone forum, there are many successful taper journals there with a ton of info. In fact I would suggest starting your own taper thread. It helps to see the progress you are making and I believe is therapeutic to be able to vent when you're having a rough time. It will also help others to see how you tapered when it comes there time. Good luck on your taper and keep us posted!

Post subject: Second That
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:27 pm 

It should be very doable. Too bad you don't have the 2mg strips to make cutting them easier, but the 8's will still work. You know your body best, how hard was it tapering down to 2mgs? I can do some pretty decent drops with only 3-4 days in between. From 2mgs go to 1.50 for a week. Then 1mg. From there try to reduce by no more than 25% and you should be alright. I had no problem getting to 1mg. Once you get to either .50 or better yet, .25, then the jump should not be that uncomfortable.

Let us know how you do.