It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:47 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

This is year 5 into opiate abuse. I've struggled with alcohol and drugs since the age of 15, but I'm at an age now where my life should be just beginning, and I'm still behind. Everyone I know is graduating college, having babies, getting married, and I'm still struggling on suboxone. I promised my boyfriend I would get off of them. We moved from our condo, he moved back home, I moved in with my family for support, all to get off of it. Now he's in a different state, and I feel so alone. My family is gone all day. I'm just writing on here, for support. I'm still at 6mg and am tapering down to 4 on Saturday. I've been on this drug for 3 years now, and have never tapered down to 4 mg, so it's going to be quite the jump. Anyways, my biggest concern is most of the positive stories I'm reading about suboxone survivors, haven't been on it for as long as me. I've never even cut down to 4 mg, all this time! Do you think it's doable? I've left work for a few months. I'm due back in March. in the mean time it's time to get off the subs, so I can join my boyfriend again and start our lives together. I'm going to be tapering my dose around every week or so. Hopefully to leave me around 20 days suboxone free before work begins. I can try to extend my leave of absence, but given the fact my work has no idea why I've left, and they probably think I'm just fine I highly doubt it will be approved. I'm worried about the anxiety, and mental aspect of it all. I can handle the physical pain, but the mental terrifies me. If anyone has any great ideas, for herbal supplements, multi-vitamins, or over the counter medications I can buy, for what I'm about to endure please share ideas. I'm just trying to join a community of people who know just what in the hell I'm going through. Nobody I know could possibly understand, I cut out all of the "wrong people" years ago. This is a battle, I've been battling all by myself. So any feedback would be really appreciated. Good luck to all of you, thank you for reading!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi there and welcome!

Try not to be so scared of coming off suboxone, it's more the staying clean part afterward that is the harder part. I just wanted to let you know that I was on suboxone for 6 years (and even two solid years of methadone before that) and have been off all maintenance for about a year and a half now. I lost track already! I was really scared, like you. I thought because I had been on it for so long, that I was screwed and didn't stand a chance. I read horrible stories online, that eventually drove me to not even log on during my detox, which really freaked me out. My anxiety was through the roof! I was really scared of the taper process but eventually learned that the body adjusts fairly easily to each drop. Sure, there are a couple of uncomfortable days (I believe most of the symptoms to be in our heads actually) but you'll eventually feel exactly the same on 4mgs as you did on 6. A slow taper works great.

I don't know what kind of job you have, but I only ended up taking 1 day off work (added on to a weekend..) Granted I have a desk job and an office where I could close the door, but it wasn't as bad as I had prepared for. I thought I would need weeks off, also. I was really cold the first couple months. I used a heater in my office and that helped.

I'm here if you need anything. Breathe.. you can do this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello LULU and welcome to the forum!

Please try not to be so frightened, you have come to the right place. There are many well educated and experienced members here all willing to offer you all the advice, suggestions, and support you need to be successful. You just have to do your part and want it more than anything. If you can do that, and try to remain s positive as you possibly can throughout the taper process, you will have that success. I know, I did it myself!

Our time together on sub is about the same, with me also being on it for about 3 years. I was at a dose of 24mg in the beginning. I began the taper process after about 2 years at that dose and got down to 2mg when I joined here. With the help, support, suggestions and guidance of members I was able to finally get free of the sub. I was more than ready and felt it was "my time" to do so.

There have been MANY members here on sub lots longer than both of us and have gotten free of it successfully. Many have been on this drug for double the time we have....and longer! You just have to make certain you are READY to get off of it, and hopefully have some kind of plan in place to give yourself every chance to keep relapse from happening. A plan such as attending NA, AA, or Smart Recovery meetings, or perhaps visits to a counselor or therapist....or all of it!

I was always able to quit quite easily, but could never remain stopped. Relapse after relapse until I got into NA/AA meetings, and began seeing a counselor. I had to do something different, my way simply was not working. I still do both to this day and I have been free from the sub going on 5 months now. I'm doing very, very well and feeling great to to show you it is possible for you also.

You said you are at 6mg now and plan on reducing to 4mg this Saturday. Was the 6mg your highest dose? Only curious. You ask if it is doable and the answer is of course it is! In my own personal opinion, and the opinion of lots of others here, it's usually best to taper slow, steady, and controlled. Figure out a way that's best for YOU and stick with it. It's also suggested to taper as low as you possibly can before jumping. Many try to get down to a dose of around .25mg and sometimes lower. Of course there have been those that have jumped at higher doses also and been successful. I think the majority will agree that the best chance to decrease any withdrawal symptoms would be to taper low.

You can taper fairly aggressively (in MY opinion) at the higher doses, but once you get down to around 2mg you should take things slower. You can go from the 6mg to 4mg as you plan and should have very few issues. You might want to remain at that dose for 4-7 days or so and then if you are feeling ok you could make the next reduction to perhaps 3mg. Remain there the same time frame and if doing ok maybe reduce to 2mg. Based on my personal experience with this drug that's exactly what I would do LULU.

Then from 2mg what I personally did was to reduce by .25mg increments. I went from 2mg to 1.75mg to 1.50mg to 1.25mg and so on until your down to around that .25mg mark. I took about 4 days between those doses, and once in a while reduced every 3 days because I had no problems.

I'm just giving you some suggestions here based on my own experience and you have to do what works best for you as I previously mentioned. I truly believe this plan would work for just about anyone. Of course not everyone would agree and hopefully you will receive other responses with perhaps a few different suggestions. Use the info you think works in your favor and leave the rest. You certainly don't have to do anything I suggested, it's your decision, and your life.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions and I wish you the absolute best LULU. Let me know if I can be of further help. I will do all I can to help you be successful. Good luck!

Karen xoxo

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:08 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thank you for responding, that gives me so much hope! Each day is different, it all depends on my mind set for the day. You're right, it's not very physical, more of a mental battle. I'm surprised you did it with only one day off of work, you are much stronger than me! I do not work alone at an office though. I have to think all day long, dealing with guests, math, running around, and it's a constant thought process, and extremely fast paced. I just don't think its doable with what I'll be going through. After what you said though, that gives me hope I'll be just fine to go back to work when I'm due back. The horror stories do give me some anxiety, so I don't think I'll be reading those stories anymore. I've decided everyone is different, so it's just a waiting game. I've taught myself that I can't look forward to my next dose, and staring at the clock all day long down to the last minute of when I'll be taking it next. I'm going to go through the day, and when the withdrawals kick in they I take my next dose. Total mind game. Anyway thank you for writing back, it's greatly appreciated :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:15 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Karen: I started at 16mg almost 3 years ago, and have stayed around 8-10 mg for the last 6 months or so. I've tapered to 6 before, yet climbed back up the latter when I had some sort of emotional drama going on. (There's always an excuse I've learned) So no more excuses. I'm so happy to hear you've gotten off of it successfully!! I'm just curious how it was from you. Going from .25 to nothing, how were the first few weeks for you personally? I'm going to stay at the 4 mg on Saturday for a little over a week, then begin the jump. Every taper will be anywhere from one week or so from there on out. If I know I'm not ready I will of course stay where I'm comfortable, but as I mentioned I'm running out of time with my job, so I can't stay on a certain mg too long.

It's amazing to hear from people like you guys who have been successful with this. I know it's possible. I can do almost anything I set my mind to, but this anxiety is really killing me. My boyfriend doesn't want me getting on any anti anxiety meds, because he says that's just more medication for me to be taking, and I need to be done. I am a little worried though because my thoughts are just all over the place. More about the fear of every taper.

Thank you so much for responding. This has lifted my spirits so much!! Just needed someone to talk to me, because each day has been so very slow, when I'm used to working all day long, spending time with my man every night taking care of the house and our puppy. Now I'm all alone at my parents house watching the minutes tick by, it's awesome to have someone who understands. Thank you all!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy to help.

88LULU88 wrote:
I'm just curious how it was from you. Going from .25 to nothing, how were the first few weeks for you personally?

I thankfully had one of the easiest times ever getting off the Suboxone/Subutex. I literally had no harsh symptoms and breezed through it. A few weeks ago I experienced what was deemed to be a case of Paws that lasted about a week. That induced some anger issues which was very frightening to me since that is so out of character for me personally. I hardly ever get angry and have a happy-go-lucky attitude most all of the time. But other than that single thing I would wish every single person could have the same experience that I did. I give credit to a good taper plan, and a very positive attitude.

I had plnned on tapering down to .25mg or even .125mg and then jumping, but had to have emergency surgery and stopped the subs at .50mg for that surgery. After the surgery I just never went back to the subs. It all worked in my favor thankfully.

My story is here in the Stopping Suboxone section. It is a very long thread and here is the link to it if you would like to read some of it. There is so much good info from the members that may provide you with some additional insight.

Karen's Thread
trouble-tapering-from-suboxone-request-help-please-t8787.html

You will always find many more horror stories than success stories because I personally believe that those with success and end their tapers just don't hang around and continue to post much more. They are out enjoying life doing their best to remain free of addiction. There are many more stories of those looking for help. This forum helped me so much so I figured I would stick around for a while and pay it forward in hopes of helping someone.

Happy your here with us now!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello LULU,

Great info. on this forum, go back and look at threads where people like Brown-eyed-girl and others have stopped. its really useful and "real" information. People sharing in an honest and open way.

Just so you know, I am currently taking 1.5mg a day, I am staying on that dose until I have more time away from the pills. I have many tools in place and I am learning a lot about myself and addiction.

It sounds to me like you have a lot of time on your hands right now so I would suggest as you taper you get busy and productive. One thing I have learned is that as you taper there are a lot of "mental" withdrawals happen. Its basically part physical but mostly mental and with the right tools in place you can get through those days. What about a gym membership? Working out, eating right, taking some supplements are very good while tapering and are good habits to have for the rest of your life. In your situation, with your B.F. not around, I would be concerned you could get bored. I know when I get bored, I get in my head too much, can be a recipe for disaster. Counseling, meetings, working out, volunteering your time to a needy cause. Stay busy and productive will help a lot on your journey off of suboxone.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:42 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thank you for responding justdoit4u. You're right. I have WAY too much time on my hands which is exactly why I'm getting in my head so much. I'm my own worst enemy. I have volunteered for a group that works with homeless shelters, and transitional living, so I start that next week. That should keep me busy. I'm also going to get a gym membership, just concerned I won't even have the energy to work out, but I find the more I get out, even if it's to a doctor's appointment, or on a jog with the puppy, I'm feeling much better about myself. Also thinking about joining N/A, just not sure if it's for me. I'm pretty anxious right now, I'm usually very bubbly and out going, but with all this tapering, speaking in a large crowd scares me a little. I know they would all understand though.

I read brown eyed girl, (Karen's) story, about how she tapered and that made me feel much better. Somewhere she said that taking 4mg feels the same as taking 24mg, and she's right. Sure maybe not that high feeling, but you're just as functional. It makes me very upset the doctor started me at such a high dose. For the amount of pills I was taking, and the fact they were just norco's does upset me I started at 16mg. I should have probably started at around 8. No point in getting angry though, just have to drive that anger into my goal to be done with suboxone for good.

So you said that you are at 1.5 mg right now? I'm curious do you take anything else. Anti anxiety medication, the clonidine I keep hearing about (blood pressure medicine). Vitamins, supplements? Just curious what you have done that works best for you. Anyway, good luck! Thank you for posting :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey LULU,

Nice to see you continuing to post. I was going to tell you that it REALLY does help to keep posting as often as possible to get any thoughts, questions, rants, or whatever you want to talk about in your thread. I used mine, and continue to use it a my "journal" to look back on and see where I was at certain times. I personally believe it's good therapy to post, and also look back and re-read your thread to see how far you have progressed.

As far as the NA meetings are concerned, you don't have to say a word if you choose not to. In fact it's usually better to just sit and listen to what's being said at the first couple of meetings. You can speak when you are comfortable and fully ready to do so. Sooner or later someone will stand out that has a story similar to yours that you may want to approach and begin chatting with. You will meet many very good people there that will become good friends. I continue to go as often as my time allows. I hope you can check out a meeting soon!

Best wishes on your dose reduction tomorrow to 4mg. Try your best to relax as everything will be fine I'm sure.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:35 pm 

Hey Karen,

Please don't forget to tell the OP about the few days of intense cravings you had too, although she could see it on your taper thread. I know it caught you by surprise how intense they were and how much you struggled during that time. I'm sure that you're not the only one who experienced a period like that after stopping sub and your experience is so valuable to folks here. I don't want anyone to be taken by surprise like you were when those cravings hit! Thanks for sharing your story here, as always. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:54 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I don't know if it's just me, but I have no cravings towards actual opiates. I relapsed years ago when I first began suboxone, and it was so not worth it. I have no want in the world, and really no way of getting any real kind of opiates. Very much so in the past for me. I ask myself sometimes if I had known what I was signing up for all those years ago if I would've done it. If I knew it would take years to get over the hump, to beat addiction, to taper from suboxone and take time away from my life, work, loved ones if I ever would of done it. Thing is when I got myself in this hole I already dabbled into just about every drug. Meth, coke, heroin,various pills, the normal hallucinogens all of the normal dabbling. I thought these norcos would be the same sort of dabble, but boy was I wrong. They got their hooks in me. I enjoyed them way too much and they were far too easy to get. I signed on to years of destroying my body and years to get it back. My boyfriend is the person who opened my eyes to a real life, and getting myself happy and sober. I truly believe he saved my life. My heart goes out to him for standing by me. He never used drugs. Never dabbled, always had a strong head on his shoulders. To put up with me and my whole package means the world to me, so I have to give back by getting over this final stage. SUBOXONE.

My biggest fear is overcoming tapering off the suboxone. I just recently cut down to 6mg in the last week, I don't know if I mentioned that. I don't feel I am honestly ready for the 4mg tomorrow morning, but I honestly have no choice. I have to bite the bullet and do it. I chose to do it on a weekend while my family is home so I can have support, and not be so alone. Hopefully that helps. Anyway I'm rambling, and not quite sure if anyone is reading this but it does feel good to post here, and read all of the feedback and everyone else's stories. It helps tremendously. Hope everyone has a good night and good luck wherever they're at in their battle.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy,

No attempt was made to disregard any of my sub journey and the very intense cravings I experienced post-sub in my previous remarks to the OP. And I realize your not saying that here either. Part of the reason I posted the link to my thread was for the OP to read my entire experience, good, bad, and in between if she chose to do so.

I was also intending the majority of my comments, at this time, to show that the taper process alone didn't have to be a horror story as so many report, and others read. I solely intended to show the OP that my own taper process was extremely mild, and it was entirely possible for her to have the same type of positive experience as I myself did.

I mentioned my post-sub case of extreme anger as one part of my overall experience as one example. I simply didn't feel it necessary, right now, to tell anything further except details of the taper itself. Perhaps I should have.

I get what your saying of course Amy, and I completely agree that everyone needs to know the entire sub therapy process of those willing to put it out there for others to read. I was only thinking of providing the OP the most positive of thoughts at this particular time about the Taper alone. I can assure you I would have spoken of my days free of subs, and the problems I encountered at a different time other than now. I will always tell everyone exactly as it was for me.

I hope you understand, and thank you for your comments and insight as always. :D

Karen xoxo

LULU....

Yes, it is very true as Amy mentioned that during my complete experience using Suboxone/Subutex, and after my taper was finished, I had a couple episodes of post-sub experiences that would be considered not so nice, and even horrible in my opinion. One was the symptom of the anger issue I spoke of previously, and the other was an period of several days and nights of the worst cravings I have ever experienced in my life.

I was rolling along nicely and completely out of nowhere those cravings hit like a freight train. Again, it's all in my thread beginning at the bottom of page 14. Maybe you have already read it, but Amy is correct and it should be known that although my taper process alone was extremely mild as I have said, part of the post-sub days were not.

It has all passed, and I'm doing great now and have experienced no problems since with anger, cravings, or anything else for that matter. I am thoroughly enjoying life waiting for the arrival of my first child near the end of March.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I might just say after reading your recent post that if you are not FULLY READY to reduce then maybe you should give it more thought and take a day or two extra to decide. Just my opinion based on experience. :D

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:56 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I understand you not mentioning the worst of your symptoms due to the fact I already told you I was terrified from all the horror stories I've been reading. I know it's not going to be a walk in the park. It was just nice hearing a more positive aspect of it all. The most positive thing I could hear is that you are off of it now and doing well! Congrats on being a mommy! That's so exciting, and now you are doing it suboxone free, so congrats!!

As far as my taper goes, I think the real reason I was so afraid of doing it was because I had a killer head ache all day yesterday. I actually think it was from a lack of caffeine, I drink caffeine every morning. That head ache made me feel everything was impossible and I couldn't cut down, but once I asked myself if you didn't have this head ache how bad would it be? Not very bad. So this morning I'm loading up on the coffee to avoid all head aches, and I'm dropping to 4mg. I haven't even taken my first dose. The further I'm tapering, the longer I'm trying to wait to take it. Since I'm not working that is actually doable right now.

Trying to take first doses between 10-11 and second dose between 5-6. I'm starting to notice the irritability in my sleep already. I've been on large doses pretty much the whole time I've been taking suboxone, so cutting down to 6mg I'm already noticing I'm not getting the sleep I once was. That was to be expected though.

So 4mg today, wish me luck! I don't think it will be too terribly bad, nothing I can't handle.

One question for anyone who can relate.... I'm a smoker, I've been smoking for the last 5 1/2 years of my life. (Mostly on opiates) Now that I'm beginning my taper I'm noticing I don't really want the cigarette anymore, it's just killing my throat. Did anybody else notice this? Just curious.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:30 pm 

Hey Karen, I completely understand not wanting to bring those couple of days up when talking to someone who is scared. At the time I thought it was an oversight, but now I see that you were just making sure that our OP didn't have too many scary thoughts coming at her at once. I went back through your taper thread to make sure that it was public knowledge to anyone who read your taper before I even posted the other day.

We have to walk a fine line when we are helping folks. You were erring on the side of not making her fears worse and I was erring on the side of making sure she had all information possible. I don't think either one of us were thinking of anything but helping the OP.

88LULU, I hope that my push for more information didn't scare you into thinking that you can't do this taper. That was not my intention at all. Karen's journey has had its ups and downs, but she has certainly tapered in a way that set herself up for success. That's why her story is valuable to those who are looking to follow suit. I wish you the best in your suboxone journey!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:15 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I was an extremely heavy smoker (Like 3 packs a day at points) on full-agonists and heroin, even methadone, of course, I was probably inhaling a couple times, nodding off, then burning a hole in something.

I still smoke but over the years on buprenorphine plus the huge price difference, plus not smoking in my home anymore, plus the evil eyes, I mainly only smoke while driving more than 1/2 hour, so I'm smoking about one pack weekly. \

Smoking certainly doesn't have the same satisfaction and synergism I remember with full-agonists.

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:38 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thank you Amy I understand you're trying to make it as realistic as you can for me, and know I fully understand this isn't going to be a piece of cake. I do. I love this forum. I think it's awesome to read everyone's stories and what they did that worked and didn't work. SO HELPFUL!! It really is I'm going to try posting here on a day to day basis to watch my progression through this time.

Well today was day 1 of tapering down to 4mg, and it wasn't bad at all. I found what helped me the most was staying busy, and doing it on a day I knew my family would be around. I slept in as late as possible just to make the hours tic away, then I took my first dose around 10:30. I took 2mg. Felt the way I expected to feel. I stayed active, went grocery shopping. Took the dog on a long walk. Spent time with my mom. The day flew by! I noticed light head aches here and there. No more semi-high feeling, but I don't want that feeling anymore. I spread it out until 5pm where I took my second dose of 2mg. Now I feel great. Honestly I feel like I just took 8mg of suboxone. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. Each day I taper more, I feel so accomplished. I've never tapered to 4mg before so this is huge for me!!! I feel like this is impossible. Granted I know I just had a good day and every day won't be the same and I'm still on a fairly high dose, but I feel pretty damn hopeful.

My dad told me I don't look so out of it anymore. He said "the last couple of years your eyes are always a little glazed, you just have a smile on your face, yet you seem somewhere else. Today I can actually see your eyes, and I can see that you're right here in the moment." Made me feel really good, because I do feel right here in the moment. Like I'm being awakened from a very long cloudy dream.

So day 1, huge success!! Advice I must remember to live by, STAY BUSY. Get out of bed no matter how shitty you feel, and just take a shower! Get ready like you would any other day, and go out and do something. Wallowing in self pity by yourself feeling awful will get you nowhere!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi iam al71246 been on vicodon for 4 years.prescription subs 6mg for 2 years.this is my 4th attempt. in hosp. 3 times for detox off of vic and subs .iam down to 1.5subs.i am 66 years and chemistry is different . iam going to make it this time. doc has me on neurotin and eventually on clonodine and maybe kolopin for anxiety.tapered from 6 mgs. to 1.5 over 4 weeks a little nautious and body aches. wish all luck. prayers also help.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:48 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I do wish you luck! I will pray for you. You are not alone, there are so many people fighting this same battle, and it's tough as hell but we're all capable of beating the odds. Just have to fight through it. This might be one crappy year of your life. Physically, mentally, all of the above. Getting through this year and your sobriety won't be easy. Just remind yourself, this one year of your life, just one crappy year will make every other year after this WORTH IT. JUST ONE TOUGH YEAR, TO SAVE YOUR LIFE. Just get through this, and you are promising yourself a longer healthier life. Happier, more cost effective, less stress on you and your poor body. We just have to make it through this year, through the triumphs the pain, the sadness, the happiness, we just have to make it through this damn year, and we will be survivors! I'm trying too, and I wish you the best of luck.

One thing my family keeps reminding me. THIS IS TEMPORARY. All of it is temporary. So stick with it! I will keep you in my thoughts, good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey LULU,

Really, congratulations to you for making the dose reduction. I know it was a huge deal for you at this time and you should be real proud of yourself for making the move. You have certainly found one of the major leys to this and that is staying as busy as you possibly can. Good for you to stay active.

88LULU88 wrote:
Honestly I feel like I just took 8mg of suboxone. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. Each day I taper more, I feel so accomplished. I've never tapered to 4mg before so this is huge for me!!!

I mentioned in my thread, which I believe you read, that when I got down to the lower doses, I felt the same as I did on the higher doses. I swear I felt no difference on 2-4mg as I did on 8-12mg. It's always been my own belief that once we get our system completely stable on the sub/bupe that after some time has passed it actually takes very little of the drug to keep us stable. I really believe you will also find that to be true especially at the 4mg dose. You should notice very little difference in how your feeling at 4mg from the 6mg.

So much of this can also be a mental thing. Addicts always feel the need to have to take something, and usually lots of it too. Sub is no different, and sometimes we think more is better like our drug of choice was to us. If we can get away from that type of thinking, especially as we taper lower, it can give us a more positive advantage that will definitley help as our taper progresses. That should help you when you are ready to reduce lower. It certainly did me at the time!

Sure is wonderful that you dad has already noticed an improvement in you! I'm sure that had to make you feel good as you say.

Yes, you had a good day today. There's no reason whatsoever that the rest of the taper can't produce that same feelings. You have a positive attitude and that will take you a long way in this.

Well done LULU. Talk to you again soon!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:15 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Karen, you are correct! SO TRUE it's all a mind game. I told myself for so long I couldn't survive without 8mg, and here I am taking 4! I wanted to celebrate last night I was so thrilled, and proud of myself. Felt like such an accomplishment. Due to the fact I've never gone this low, I'm going to hang on to the 4mg, for a little over a week. My boyfriend is coming out this Friday coming up THANK GOD! So I plan to taper the Monday after that to 2 mg.