It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:20 am 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Tahoma] [/font] I don't know where else to turn. I met my boyfriend two years ago and he introduced me to Suboxne, and I never looked back. At first it was fun, it was different, and then I noticed that I was becoming dependent on them. And now I hate doing them, if I can't find them I get sick, and if I do the orange's they make me sick to my stomach. I only do about an eighth at a time. The 14th is our 2 year anniversary, but our relationship has been very emotionally abusive and I've been wanting to leave for a long time, but couldn't due to my addiction and not being able to feed it on my own. My parents used to know I was on them, but I had convinced them I had quit, so it would kill them if I told them I needed their help to stop. I'm terrified to go to rehab. I'd rather suffer at home, where I can take sleeping pills or get in my hot tub and be around my friends, then be in a cold, sterile room all by myself. I really don't know what else to do. I've been thinking about cutting down what I do drastically, and only doing it once a day, then quitting all together, but I'm not sure. I'd really like to speak with someone who has maybe gone through this or knows a little more than I do on the subject, and create a plan. I've read other blogs about people that have actually tapered themselves off of subs with little to no pain, and that's definitely something I am interested in doing, I just can't do it on my own.. :/ Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to hear any feedback. Thank you [align=center]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There is tons of taper methods here alone in the stopping sub forum. I would do whats best for you. Maybe you should read how it is to come off it first before you make your decisions or maybe ask for a professionals opinion. Detox itself can be done at home. A rehab facility is not needed however its if YOU need it. There is many people to ask for help on the matter to give you a ideas.

Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:52 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Taper as low as you can go. And do it slowly. There are tons of good threads here dedicated to tapering.

I'm on day 10 from jumping from 1.5 mg or so and yeah the last 10 days have sucked but I have soldiered through and it's getting better. It's nothing like coming of pills or h. Nothing. So much easier.

Good luck!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

quit at about 3mg a week ago. Day 3-6 hell but only think i wished was that i went to 1mg but i had no choice no pills.
But the fear is worse then the battle. Be thankful you are not coming off crack or shooting down. I have respect for anyone that kicks that.
You can do it!! i did!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:22 am 
New Poster
New Poster

thank you so much for the support :)