It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ive never been on any type of forum this is my first time and the only reason is iam extremely desperate right now I've been trying to get clean every wich way and nothing works i've tried suboxine before and it worked really well but that was from a friend so now im trying to get ahold of a doc or program to help me and i cant find anything they dont take my insurance or they cant see me for two months its so frustrating no wonder people have such a hard time getting clean if theres anyone who can help please let me know

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:53 pm 

Hey opioidhater,

Unfortunately there's a patient limit that each Dr can have when prescribing suboxone. So finding one with an opening can sometimes be difficult but definitely achievable. If u found one that takes ur insurance but said two months, say yes and get on that waiting list. Also u never know, there could be an opening a lot quicker than two months. There's a doctor search on this website, see what u can find there and call. Another thing ppl have suggested is calling pharmacies in ur area and ask if they know of any doctors in the area that prescribe suboxone, they may or may not tell ya but it's absolutely worth a shot. Even if u can't find one right away that takes ur insurance, can u pay cash for awhile maybe? There's different coupons that u can use to help with the medication, doesn't cover a whole lot but anything helps, that's what I have to do cause I have no insurance.

I know how frustrating it can be, especially when ur in desperate need of treatment and it's difficult to find. But I promise if u keep at it, u will succeed. The effort u put into finding a Dr is worth it times ten because it will save ur life. Get on every waiting list u call and go to the one that fits u in first. I truly hope u find one, please keep us posted and ask any questions u have. Good luck!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:46 pm 

Hi Opioidhater, Welcome! I am so sorry that you are having difficulty, Jenn gave you great suggestions. You did not say where you live and the laws pertaining to suboxone are different in each Country and State! It gets so confusing! My only other suggestion is to contact the closest methadone clinic. I know the Doctor at the clinic near me prescribes both. Maybe they could help or at the very least, give you some names of doctors in your area. Good luck! Please let us know how you make out.