It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:40 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have recently attempted to quit suboxone. I have been slowly detoxing myself, to the point where i was literally taking the smallest amount that i could possibly break/bite/cut off. I told myself this weekend was my weekend to do it. I took a few extra days off of work and I was READY!! And well it didn't work the way i had intended too, it was the holiday weekend with family picnics and family get togethers....and I didn't stick to my plan. Then Sunday rolled around and at about 9 I decided that I was going to take my last quarter so I wouldn't be tempted. I did fine Monday I felt pretty good actually, and then tuesday came and I wasn't feeling too great. So at about 9 last night my husband went and got me a half of a Suboxone and I once again took a small piece. I didn't feel great afterwards, but it definitely cut the edge. So then I wake up this morning and look back on the past 4 days and I feel so stupid. I gave myself 5 days and I screwed it up. So now I have to start back to work tomorrow at a 9-5 job, where I sit at a desk and deal with customers all day, and then I come home and have to take care of my 2 children. And I am really freaking scared. I still have the rest of my half sitting on the table and it is taking everything I have to not take a piece. How bad is this going to be?? I have read that people will skip one day and then two days and then so on until they have made it 4 days and feel fine. Is that true is that possible. It seems so impossible to me. I don't feel great today like I did on monday, but don't get me wrong I am fully aware that all I did was take a step back last night. My legs aren't bothering me, but I am antsy. My heart is beating so fast I feel like it is going to explode and I cry over EVERYTHING!! My biggest fear is work, I can't miss work and I CANNOT lose my job. I'm just scared and I don't know what to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:04 pm 
Hey Shepherd - Sorry you're going through this. I can absolutely relate to the job thing. Are you buying your Suboxone off the street? Do you have a doctor?

If I were you, I would NOT put my job in jeopardy. You need that job. I would have to suggest that you STAY ON Suboxone until you can figure things out and plan your detox a little better. Once you stop taking Suboxone, it's not until the 4th or 5th day that you will REALLY feel the WD symptoms. I would also suggest that when stopping Suboxone, I would work for the first 3 days, then take some days off. Either way, your body/mind will suffer some WD symptoms. It's just a matter of planning it properly.

I hope this helps a little. Write back and tell us some more, I'd love to help you.

Patrick

Post subject: detox
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:40 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Don't be scared, it's better for you to consult your doctor and tell him about your problem. That's the only advice I can give to you.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

everybody stumbles, some of us fall down....you just keep picking yourself up again and again, every time learning something new. I would try dosing every other day, at the same time every other day. Get out of the habit of taking it when YOU think you need to, breaking that habit is the hardest thing you will ever do. And when it comes to w/d's when they start it will suck, but you will start feeling better, every minute better than the last, every hour better than the last, every day better than the last. And if you need to get back on suboxone, big deal, just keep trying, that's what I do.

JayJay Sober since July9th, 2008

Post subject: trying to detox...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:04 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi Sherrylouz,
I was also afraid..of the unknown. It has been my experience with all of this to just take one step at a time, ask for help at each opportunity, and keep going forward. Suboxone has a website where you can look up doctors that prescribe the meds for treatment. That is what I did, looked up a dr. and called them for an appt. and then when I went he took over and told me what to do next. That was last June. I have been taking Sub. since then. I applaude this program!!! Best thing I have ever had for sobriety!!

If you need help...I'm here.

Laalee