It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:34 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I am new to this site and I am searching for answers as well as suggestions I guess. I am sooo not feeling good and I'm guessing it has a lot to do with coming off of a higher dose of meth, I am at 25mg, tomorrow I'll be at 20mg, every three days I drop 5mgs. I really didn't feel much until the other day and I have been sort of tryin' to use comfort meds but they really don't seem to help that much. I am sooo afraid of what's to come! I tried this once before and only got to 20mg but I came down from 180mg! Now it's only from 50. I have reading a lot of information about this suboxone and it really sounds like a life saver, is it? I mean is it better than meth? Listen to me....nothing is better, they are both bad for you but I mean the lesser of two evils, ya know? I would appreciate any info. I would like to congratulate all of you on your long, hard journey, you are all truly amazing and thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum,

Most of the people I know, including myself, preferred suboxone to methadone, in terms of recovery and being able to move forward. For me, making that transition from meth to sub was life changing, but I also made big changes in my life to accommodate a new direction. The biggest change for me was that I felt less medicated overall, and more what I imagined "normal" to feel like. That ultimately made me feel less of a drug addict and more of a regular person in society. I was also able to stop using all other drugs once i made the switch.

Not gonna lie, the transition is hard. If you do it right though, I'm hoping you get through it. Keep going down. If you can get down to 15mg it will be in your best interest. Take it slow.. Also make sure to wait a good few days between stopping meth and starting sub. Doctors are now recommending waiting bwteen 3-5 days. If you can get down t 15mgs, that should help you not have to wait as long.

Make sure to come back as you get lower and are ready to make the switch. There is more info but don't want to overload you now.