It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone
I have been lurking this site for a while and now i decide to make a post. This is what i wanna do, I want to be able to quit suboxone being the least uncomfortable i can and detoxing quickly. This is my story i got hooked on opiates must of been close to ten years ago im 25 now; so i started at 15, nothing to be proud of. First i was getting vicodens from people and eating a few and smoking trees i never drank with pills dont enjoy it. This went on for a while then i got introduced into oxycodone 30mg's and the old school oc 40's and i remember the first time i knew i was addicted i had a bottle of oc 20's i ate alot one night and the next day i woke up and in the afternoon felt some crazy pain and flu like symptoms i never felt before and that was when it started my main drug most of the time was morphine ir 30 and i always ate my pills. Anyway i used the pills as add/adhd pills to go to college help me study and they worked like a charm i got good grades was very social and it helped me out alot. This went on for about a few years four of five before i went to detox and found a suboxone doctor who saved my life I love her she is the best. I have been taking suboxone for five years My dose was always one 8mg tablet under the tongue same time every morning along with my psychiatric medications witch are not important because i suffer from a mild form of schizophrenia. Alright well the suboxone films came out got on them same dose and then i tried cutting down i did well from 8mg to 4mg very easy then down to 2mg and the lowest i got down to was 1mg a day or 1.5mg's a day for almost a year i was trying to jump off. I tried onetime with no medications but my psychiatric ones and i didn't sleep for 7 days straight had the flu 100x and the coldsweets and sweating through my clothes it was terrible. Second time around i tried to quit was last 2 thanksgivings ago i got a hold of a months worth of hydrocodone 10/500 tablets and i took 3 a day and i was still hell of alot sick going on three weeks and i went back on my suboxone. The reason i knew it was suboxone withdrawl and not full opiate withdrawl was because of the sneezing, the rls, the coldsweats, diahreah, the days were so freaking long all i did was look at the clock i ate spicy food trying to detox and i went straight to the bathroom with diahreah, but the food did give me lots of energy and made me feel better. I couldn't hold a fork to eat my hands shook so bad it was a different type of feeling to just withdrawal to painkillers. I went 3 weeks close to a month and gave up i still had enough vicoden to last me another week. The beginning of this year i relapsed badly with dilaudids and my doctor upped my dose one 8mg in the moring and one at night, but i know i can do this when the time comes. Right now for me in the situation i am in might not be the best time for me to quit suboxone while im in college trying to graduate. Then again my mother the only person i have to help me quit the medications something happens to her and i dont wanna be on subs forever even though it is a godsend i'd like to see what it feels like to have emotion again and have a good hard sex drive. I've lost alot of people in my life due to me being on this medication its not my fault i am on in bettering my life they just see me in a different light old friends i used to have, but that's life you make new friends but for me it is very hard. I guess what i am trying to ask you guys is what would be a good taper method off suboxone when im ready to try and quit? Can i used hydrocodone, percocet, any mild opiate at least a little bit during my w/d cause the pain is terrible the air hurts my skin I dont remember what it feels like not being on a type of opiate. It has been so long my list of items include that i have heard are helpful would be benadryl, benzos, Immodium i heard works wonders, some type of muscle relaxer, and a painkiller like hydrocodone or percocet nothing stronger then that though i swear and after im done with this detox i will never use ever ever again painkillers. Is there anything anyone else could recommend to me as far as vitamins i read somewhere antacids were good. This is my story please give me some advice.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well i have a plan it almost worked before this is what i wanted to try and do is quit subs for a couple weeks go back to using a full opiate antagonist until the bupe is completly left my system withdrawls are gone. Then jump back on subs really quick at a really low dose 2mg or less. I almost made it last time i tried i just couldnt handle the pain and mental depression so well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:57 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello Sporkz,

I've only got a couple of minutes but ill try to give you an answer - It's difficult to completely avoid withdrawals off suboxone. Taking Percs, hydros, any type of other opiate is a very slippery slope. You're just as likely to prolong your withdrawals by using them.

Take a look at a thread further down this forum by Hopespring. Also read the sticky by Diary of Quitter about the liquid taper thread. I'm not trying to be mean here, but this problem takes absolute dedication to complete. It's very very hard to avoid any type of discomfort.

I used xanax the first three days of my withdrawals, that's a slippery slope as well however. I sure wasn't comfortable after those first three days either.

Sporkz just be careful. Your doc ( pills ) got you here in the first place.

I'll write up more when I've got time.

Goodluck Buddy

-WTBF

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know it does take complete dedication to quit using subs. I am a monster when it comes to painkiller to the point where all of my old friends were scared of me. The reason I think is because the doc I used most is morphine sulfate ir morphine salts for a long time then my body became used to it. When I tried to quit for the second time with the hydros and benzos I had I almost made it i was in so much pain I have up And went back on suboxone and I didn't really have anyone around to help me talk to me or be social with me I live with my family but only my mom cares and she is disabled so she can't help much and as far as friends I have none. Ok though I will read the post you said to read. I dont think right now is the time to go cold turkey but I wanna prepare a plan and stick to it and complete the process and be sub free

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey man I recommend you check out my thread below this one, or at VERY LEAST the chart that I posted in there:

Suboxone taper chart (openoffice/excel)

It is incredibly useful and will show you exactly how much suboxone is in your blood level on any given day, based on your prior dosing. It will go as long and as in depth as you want. You can expand it to 365 days or shrink it to a week for a rapid detox instead. Further, you can expand it to even more decimal places to get a more precise amount of suboxone.

After a certain point however don't work yourself up. Minute differences in numbers matter less compared to how you actually feel. What this means is that even the best laid plans for a suboxone taper can change depending on how you FEEL when you drop your dose. Only you can determine how you feel, and therefore, how fast you should taper.

Since you are trying to create a long term plan, this chart I feel will serve you well. Chime in in the thread i made to tell me whether it helped you out.

Best of luck. Remember, it is a marathon, not a sprint. What difference does it make if you get off suboxone one week only to relapse a week later, you feel me?

Post subject: True
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess trying to use pills to get off suboxone is a bad idea doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is insanity. I've decided I am just going to do a long tapering of subs until I get down to less then .25 of a pill. I read that their was a guy who did it but it took him two years well better late then never right. I would only use opiate painkillers as a last alternative to maintaining the dose I am on.