It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LoveHate wrote:
I have pretty bad tummy cramps, and woke up at 5 am and couldn't go back to sleep, but I'm not complaining! I've been keeping busy when possible, and I think between that and te Clonodine and melatonin Ive been very lucky.

Hi LH, I figured that if you were like most jumpers, sleep problems would set in at some point, but maybe it won't be so bad for you. I had a short period where I was getting minimal sleep, but it was manageable, I was getting thru my workdays.

Good luck!

-- ji

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LoveHate wrote:
Boop,
I guess that came off kind of wrong. He left and is staying with his parents, but he's not going to leave me stranded. He is still taking care of the bills and food and such til I can get a new job. I used to be a teacher while he worked at a gas station, so I've supported him before too. He adores our son and would never leave him with nothing. By saying the money I had, I meant I didn't have money to get more to taper or see a doc or anything. Thanks for being concerned!!! I'm doing well.

Oh good, that's a big relief. Hard enough dealing with detoxing and everything else (taking care of your child, etc), without having to worry about where the next dollar is coming from. Been there done that, and sorta still there, relatively speaking, anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFZP8zQ5kzk

I hope you two resolve whatever caused the spat and the split-up, and things work out well for you two.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey LH, it's day 5 woohoo. I def feel better than yesterday and got a little sleep. Hope u are doing well.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Morning LH , day 5, how's it going haven't heard much from u, hope all is going well. It's starting to get better for me so prob for u soon is well. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This thing won't let me post half the time! I keep getting an error message and I have no idea why.

Anyway, yes, Kitty, we're on day 5! Glad to hear you're getting better!!! I am so happy I finally took the plunge. If I knew it would be this easy, I would've done it so long ago. Last time it was so much worse (but I was doing it bc I had to, not bc I wanted to). I am still super irritable and lethargic, but everything else is good. I'm sleeping fine (I've always been a super sleeper though), I'm staying busy, etc. I still can't eat. I think in 5 days I've had 3 fries, a side salad, and half a baked potato. I'm STARVING but I just can't eat. I'm sure it will get better. This Clonodine I swear saved me. I've only had skin crawls and cold sweats a teeny bit right before my nighttime dose. I am SO thankful you all mentioned it bc I think it made all the difference for me.

Kitty, I think we're almost "normal" again lol!!!!!! Wooooo hoooo!!!! I heard blink 182 on the radio this morning and was rocking out and seat dancing so hard my son snorted laughing lol. This is what life is supposed to be! So glad to not feel zombified - bc that's what even 2mg of sub did to me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So glad you got some sleep! Nothing worse than feeling all squirrely.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey LH, it's 7 pm west coast time, we almost have another day down. Movin into day 6 tomorrow, hope all is well and glad you are feeling better. :D hopefully we will both sleep tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mornin LH, I had a rough night, no sleep. Hope u had a better night and having a good day number 6. We almost have the first week down. Yeah :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey LH, how was your day so far? It's one week starting tomorrow . Hope all is well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ugh! I keep trying to respond and get error messages. I'm doing really well. Sleeping good...have you used melatonin? I take 1 mg an hour before bed. I fall right asleep and stay asleep. I am still irritable on and off, and cannot eat. I think bc the clonidine makes my mouth so dry and taste bad. I still have no energy, but manage to do the minimum requirements of the day. Hoping you sleep like a baby tonight!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Happy 1 week LH, yeah, I have tried melatonin but doesn't seem to cut it but will keep trying. I guess looking back one week ago, I feel much better, but lack of sleep and fatigue getting me good. Glad you are doing well :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How'd you sleep, kitty? I finished my Clonodine last night. Hopefully today is good! I feel good!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey there! Just wanted to stop by and say congrats for jumping! I was on hiatus form this forum for a few weeks, for my own personal reasons, but decided I would start posting again. I too jumped while taking care of a toddler. NOT EASY!!! However, what I kept telling myself is that whenever I was short-tempered, or too drained to go out and do anything fun, it was only temporary and in the long run it would be well worth it. And I do think having to consider a little one's needs before my own did help at times; although, also not an easy thing when not feeling well! I jumped off sub around the end of June, but picked up a benzo habit in the meantime. I am currently tapering off of those now.

That's great that you got some clonidine. It works well for those nasty skin crawls and the sweats. But ya, it gave me some gnarly dry mouth!

So you have about a week off of sub? Good for you!

Well, hang in there and hope to hear from you soon...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello,

Just wanted to drop in and see how your week went. I just read your post from last Sunday. I know exactly what you are facing. I have 2 young kids and I am a stay at home Dad right now till I find more employment. Just took last 1/4 of sub yesterday. Uhhh....starting to feel like crap. Skin crawling, yawning constantly, on the crapper often, feverish. Thats my fault trying to jump from 16mg a day to 1/2 one day, 1/4 the next then boom....cold turkey. Got a script but had to pay full price cuz of insurance hassles this month. Therefore yes I had to,make some sales to get my own thats how I came up short. Go back Thursday but that seems like forever to me. Got a busy day tomorrow. Court for a stupid traffic ticket and football practice, I coach. Anyway I,hope you got help with your son. I know how hard it is to take care of a child while your sick and can barely take care of yourself. It can be hell. Ive had to load up and drive to my moms a few times. Thank god for her. I admire your courage. I want to get off too just dont know how to do it while Ive got so much going on. Trying to find a job, taking care of the house and kids, coaching. Uhhhh...idk. Good luck to you for all those who read please pray for my strength this week.

NR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mornin LH, last night was a rough one, no or very little sleep. Glad to hear you are doing well. Well were over a week now, there were def times when that seemed a long way off. Hope u have a good day.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey LH, glad to hear things are going well for you!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mornin LH, it's day 10, didn't hear from u in a day or so, hope all is well. I'm still kicking along , def had a few rough spots though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

NightRider, how are you doing? It is SUPER hard coming off with little ones, but you can do it if you're ready. I had a pretty easy time of it, except my tummy is still not good, and I'm still drained energy wise most of the time. I'm sure it will get better once I can eat normally again. I honestly just gave myself a lot of slack, telling myself that even though I'm a slug now and am not fun mommy all te time, it will get better. A week or two of that is better than years of zombie mommy. I stayed positive, and took Clonodine, and was ok.

Kitty- so glad you're doing well. I haven't been on here bc it's not been on the forefront of my mind anymore! So I try to just go with it. Are you sleeping yet? I can't wait to eat normally again so I can have some energy. It's getting better, but still frustrating sometimes. My house is a disaster lol. Small price to pay. I hope you're doing well!!!!

Romeo- thank you!!! I'm pretty proud of myself. Even taking my happy ass to a festival in WV this weekend with all my friends. Can't wait!