It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
The fact that you slept pretty well last night is encouraging. You had also mentioned earlier that you never really took more than 3mg daily, so that's good, too. Suboxone wd intensity and duration are very hard to predict, but as of right now, I'd say you're in good shape for a possible mild wd. Now, that doesn't mean you won't have sleep disturbances or other issues, it just means they're hopefully on the lighter side.

Believe it or not, being [b]forced to care for your "crazy hyper active attention seeking boy" (LOL) will be good for you. [/b]Sitting around and just feeling your wd is about the worst thing you can do. I know because I did it. Getting out of your head is about the best thing you can do and it sounds like your awesome little boy will help you with that. BTW, your son sounds about like me when I was young. We have a picture of me (about 4 years old?) tied with a string around my ankle to a stake in the ground to stop me from constantly running off. Ahhh, good times, good times. :lol:

Do what you can to keep your food intake up. Your food is your energy. You need food!!

Sorry Romeo- but I think you just can't relate here- I really really feel for her having to care for a 3 year old during wdls--don't forget, your 10 year old helped take care of YOU right? I know her "mother love" will get her through, but I empathizezz2

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Romeo, he's nuts! (I wouldn't have it any other way). You're so right. When I'm walking around and doin things I feel so much better than when I'm just sitting here - that's when the anxiety starts. The only problem is my temper and irritability are out of whack right now, so I keep being snappy at him, even though I feel bad ten seconds later. He's resilient, I know, but I don't want to upset him. If I could tie him down, I would lol. He'd probably just eat through the rope! I told you, he's nuts! I hope you're right about it being mild!!! I can do mild (talk to me about that tomorrow, I might have a different story).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

BF, you're right, it's going to suck, but he's right too in that staying busy can help sometimes. It's gonna be back and forth I'm sure. I just wish I could be alone, but that's not an option, and id probably go crazy anyway.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ButterFLYING! wrote:
Sorry Romeo- but I think you just can't relate here- I really really feel for her having to care for a 3 year old during wdls--don't forget, your 10 year old helped take care of YOU right? I know her "mother love" will get her through, but I empathizezz2

I don't appreciate being told I can't relate and the intimation that I don't feel for her having a 3 year old to take care of during wd's.

Seeing as Miss LoveHate was on a fairly low dose of Suboxone, jumped from 2mg and is doing very well so far, I think her taking care of her son (with the level of wd I think she's going to have) is going to help keep her distracted from her wd's and be good for her. Also, it looks like she doesn't have much other choice but to take care of her son by herself, so I was trying to provide a positive aspect to her taking care of him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's all good! It's a pro and con like everything else in life. I'm about to go plug myself into some Zep and forget life for the 20 minutes between my son laying down for his nap and the baby I watch coming over. The sweet relief of music!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BF I think you're at 41 actually, unless you missed a day (or I gained a day). Last Thursday was 35 for me (I know that because my jump day was a Friday).

How's it going this aft LH?

-- ji

ButterFLYING! wrote:
Hey Love! I just realized I'm at 40 days today! HAPPY and healthy! You'll get here too! :D
Just a matter of 'time"- a few short days!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

LH, how's it going, day 3 for u as well I believe. I def am feeling the effects of being off pretty good now. Hope all is well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This afternoon is still going ok. I'm definitely irritable and lethargic. I just took my son and the baby I watch on a quick walk around the neighborhood in the stroller and I'm wiped (doesn't help it's 85 degrees out). I feel better when I'm moving in every way except that I'm exhausted! I still have no appetite, even though I feel hungry, which is weird. I definitely am having some anxiety when I'm not doing anything to take my mind off of it. Day 3 can suck it lol. I'll probably pay for that.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Kitty, my walk helped a lot. It was only 10 mins (bc I was hot and tired lol), but I feel a lot better. You should try if you can. Keep on keeping on, you can do it!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
ButterFLYING! wrote:

I don't appreciate being told I can't relate and the intimation that I don't feel for her having a 3 year old to take care of during wd's.

Seeing as Miss LoveHate was on a fairly low dose of Suboxone, jumped from 2mg and is doing very well so far, I think her taking care of her son (with the level of wd I think she's going to have) is going to help keep her distracted from her wd's and be good for her. Also, it looks like she doesn't have much other choice but to take care of her son by herself, so I was trying to provide a positive aspect to her taking care of him.

Sorry Romeo- I just keep pissing people off without intending to! Just meant you haven't been a mommy is all- on my phone on a bike trail now, just trying to be supportive and I meant my response to you to be kind of funny- like u aren't a mommy , KWIM? It is hard to explain but maybe other moms understand

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Glad to hear all is going fairly well so far, I did go on a 30 min bike ride, but it was painful. I just have no energy and it is hard to get up off the couch and walk around. I was surprised I didn't feel better after excercise, but at least not worse. Keep it up, we'll be on day four soon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

OMG I would've died trying to ride a bike. I considered it, but ughhhhh it's sooo hilly here. You're brave! It was all I could do to walk. I hope you're doing ok!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sooo I'm nervous. End of day 3 and I feel fine?! I'm super agitated and irritable, but that's about it. I'm just so nervous and anxious bc it's like waiting around to get a flying knee from Anderson Silva - if it's gonna happen, let's go already!!! Ughhh. I know it's weird to not be happy I'm fine, but I KNOW it's coming and that's giving me more anxiety. Blahhhhhhh. Sorry, had to vent!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Relax, you Ding Dong. :lol:

Hey, I understand what you're going through, but you're only driving yourself nuts, so stop, K? :wink:

Suboxone wd is nowhere near as intense as full agonist (pain pill, Heroin) wd. So, even if things do get worse, you're not all of a sudden gonna feel like getting kicked in the chops by Mr. Anderson Silva! Can't believe he lost that fight and got knocked out, BTW. I was shocked!!

K, you may now vent away again at your leisure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Right?! OMG that leg snap was THE grossest thing I've ever seen in my life. BARF. I can't wait to see if he can come back to anything near what he was.

I know I'm driving myself nuts, can't help it. It's just weirding me out that I feel better after 3 days than I did some mornings waking up before I dosed, and that is less than 24 hrs. Weird. Anyhoo...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If it were anyone but Anderson, I'd have doubts, but he's almost as Bad Ass as me, so I think he can do it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LoveHate wrote:
Sooo...I don't know where to even start, but I'm sure that's pretty normal. I used to be a pill addict, mostly OxyContin, Dilaudid, Percocet, etc. I was a teacher then. After two or three years doing that, my boyfriend and I started buying subs from a friend to get off the pills. Well, we got hooked on the subs. Eventually we weaned ourselves down and came off them, but it SUCKED. It was like 4 years ago or more and I still remember the anxiety and skin crawling.

Fast forward- I'd been good for awhile, and then my boyfriend and sons father for leukemia. As ex pill heads, added to the stress of raising a family and facing cancer with a 30% survival rate, we got back on. Even with the docs knowing he used to do pills he got a lot of narcs. I caved and used to help me get through raising my 18 month old son 7-6, then being in the hospital taking care of him (and watching him hooked to a pump of Dilaudid nodding every ten minutes) 6-7 (I slept there to help and picked my son up in the morning). After awhile of that, I needed to stop. I was dumb and for hooked on subs again, bc I needed to be functional!!! Now, I have never taken more than 3mgs a day. With the pills, I would take between 1/8-1/4, and with the strips 1/4. I NEED to come off them now! I am a stay at home mom, my sons almost 3. My boyfriend and I are fighting and he left so I have like $100 to my name, and 1/4 of a strip. I took 1/4 Saturday morning (yesterday) at like 9am. I have not taken any today. I'm feeling ok. Pooping my brains out every 15 minutes, kind of hot, but that's it.
Too bad I know what's coming. I do not have insurance so I don't have access to Xanax or anything to help. I could get a couple over the counter things if anything really helps, but I don't want to sode much bc I'm screwed on money. Sounds awesome, I know. Did I mention I have to take care of my 3 year old all day?! Ugh. I have no help. The only other person who knows I even took/take anything is this boyfriend
I speak of. He helped me get through this last time, but were way on the outs, so that's not happening. Please please please tell me I can do this, or what can help. I don't want to be a soulless zombie forever.

Think real hard. Do you know of anybody, old friends, etc, you can tell at least part of your story to (boyfriend up and leaving, etc), and get a Western Union? Any amount will help if all you have is 100 bucks. You'd be surprised, somebody you might not even expect to help, could step up to the plate. Than you'd have a little extra money. It was hard for me to do so, but I had to once. Best to do it now before what little you have runs out.

Also do a search for food pantries, that many churches have, there might even be several in your area. Some of them will really load you up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Howdy LH, glad things are going well so far and the wd is not too bad. Biggest problem I am having is some anxiety and no sleep. Anyhow glad all is going better than u thought and day 4 tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Boop,
I guess that came off kind of wrong. He left and is staying with his parents, but he's not going to leave me stranded. He is still taking care of the bills and food and such til I can get a new job. I used to be a teacher while he worked at a gas station, so I've supported him before too. He adores our son and would never leave him with nothing. By saying the money I had, I meant I didn't have money to get more to taper or see a doc or anything. Thanks for being concerned!!! I'm doing well.

I have pretty bad tummy cramps, and woke up at 5 am and couldn't go back to sleep, but I'm not complaining! I've been keeping busy when possible, and I think between that and te Clonodine and melatonin Ive been very lucky.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Are you taking Imodium, too?