It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 8mg film how do i ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

my doc no way in hell will drop me too 2mg film. can i cut my film into 100 pieses of an 8mg pill? what could i put
these tiny microspecks into. i wont see them; never mind placing them under my tung!anybody have any idea ?
my grammer fuck'EN sucks sorry! i should sell my truck,and say ibogaine take me awy!!!!!!!!!!! any sugs? please
birdi/lader/ hat/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:56 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

charred22 wrote:
Hello all,

I am now 75 hrs since my last 1/16th dose of the sub and I do not have to go anywhere today so I'm not going to take any today that's for sure. I'm definitely not feeling great at all and hoping that by tomorrow morning it would be better. The last poster on here had some really good advice. I think I'm going to try and do that if I do wake up tomorrow feeling as bad as I do today. From most of the posts I read on here it seems to just vary for everybody. It seems like one day your going to wake up and just feel "normal" like your body just doesn't need the sub anymore. Apparently for myself, even on the low dose I'm on; I need longer than 75 hrs lol. I will keep you all updated and let you know how I feel tomorrow morning but holding strong and thanks for all the support!
Your in great shape if your 75 hours in without any because now if you feel too sick to bear it tomorrow you can take a very small amount( like half of the 1/16th piece or even less) and if your anything like me you will be much much better and will adjust quickly within a day or two. Jumping at 1/16th is still too high to get off scot-free but now that your so low the rest of the taper(if you decide to not stay with this jump) will be easy. Once I got as low as you are I just continued the taper for another 20 days until I did wake up Thursday and didnt need it. good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

and by Thursday I meant Friday because today is day 5 for me off subs and I feel balanced. Not too high, not too low, just normal. And I like it a lot.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello All,

Well, I am now about 100hrs since my last dose of the 1/16th film 2mg. I have to say yesterday was BY FAR the worst I've felt. Today I actually woke up feeling "pretty good". Slight headache. No real crappy withdrawl feeling so I was happy. The mistake I made was because it was my first day back to work since this past Saturday I took a 0.5mg xanax hoping that it would just make the day go by that much easier. Boy was I wrong. When I was coming down I my suboxone just recently I was prescribed the xanax to take 1 every 6 hrs as needed at a dose of .5mg. The xanax worked great while I was still on the low dose of the 1/16th film 2mg. It really did help with the anxiety. I was able to take a sick day today and come back home and give it one more day. If I wake up feeling good tomorrow there is now way in HELL I'm taking one of the xanax! Maybe the xanax was just helping me with the anxiety of being on such a low dose of sub after the past 4 yrs of taking it. Either way I will let everybody know what's going on with me and 100hrs in and going strong. (It just makes me mad that I felt "good" this morning and still took something!) I know I will get past this and just try to keep remembering that I've had to take something everyday like clockwork the last 4years of my life to function so taking the xanax today when I felt good is where I messed up. Either way still sub free and have now been taking the xanax while I've been coming off the sub because I did not want to trade sub withdrawl to just go right back into withdrawl from benzo's. Thanks for all the help everybody and I will keep you posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:52 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

yea be careful with those benzos they are worse than any amount of subs. if you can, just take clonodine for anxiety and other w/d symptoms. the xanax will help for a few hours but make things much worse later on. theres that hangover it gives you the next day as well as added depression. and once you stop them the anxiety is worse than before. try to get all these drugs out now instead of adding others. i am glad to hear you are still off 100hrs strong. keep it goin and good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Two thumbs up to you. Listen, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. It's not in your head and it's not only you. It's not that you are sensitive. I think doctors are still learning how tough it is to get off this med. My doc thinks everyone BUT me can stop at 2 mg with little to no w/d. I mean, c'mon!! :D L i v i n gave you some great advice. Please let your doc know that it was not as easy as he told you it would be. Why? We have to keep our docs informed, so they start seeing that there's a trend and it's not just us.

This is no easy feat. I think you are doing a fantastic job. It's scary to go through this. You probably took the Xanax because you were just scared of what was going to come down the pike. The good thing is that you caught it and were mad at yourself. You're keeping yourself honest and watching your own back. Good for you. You will make it.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Graat job! Sounds like you are doing great! I jumped from .25 mg. I did a quicker taper though because I just wanted to be done. Clonidine works great. I started taking that the night before I stopped. I am only taking one at night. I understand the concern with Xanax. However, that was never a problem for me. I don't get any great feeling from them, like opiates. I think you have to be honest with yourself and do what it takes to get over the hump. Just so long as you don't get hooked. Remember, if you like it too much, it's probably not a good thing-I am talking about the bad stuff.

Try vitamins- supplements. See my post of bupe in rearview mirror. I posted all the stuff I am taking. Best of luck and congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello All,

Day 5 (120 hrs) since my last dose of the 2mg film 1/16th once per day. I have to admit I feel pretty damn good this morning! I'm just about to head out the door for my first full day back at work and have no plans of taking anything today. I did have a really hard time sleeping or should I say falling asleep last night but other than that, maybe a very mild headache and that's it. I have a really hard time with anxiety especially at work so I'll keep everybody informed but really don't feel bad today at all. I do feel quite depressed but I think going out and getting a full day of work in will only help that. Thanks again for everybody responding and I'll keep y'all informed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

newlife said to charred22,

"...But it may take some time to just wake up n feel normal. Let's face it not many people in this world get outta bed feelin like a million bucks everyday. And we as addicts are brainwashed to think we need to do somethin about it...... If you wake up feelin bad, take a hot shower with some good tunes playn and just give ur body time to wake up n realize YOU WILL be ok. One of my favorite quotes " welcome any w/d symptom, major or mild, as a sign of weakness leaving your body and a sure sign that its trying to "heal" hang in there ur doin great. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!"

Love that advice!!

charred22, I know music gets me going like almost nothing else in this world, do you have some hobby or some particular interest or a love for music like me....if so, use it!! If I get to feeling even a little crappy, I pop some tunes in and away I go! The more you can keep your mind busy during this time, the better off you'll be. If you can keep your mind AND body occupied, that would be AWESOME!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Really like to read about your experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello All,

I'm am about to start day 9 of being off of the suboxone and I know I haven't posted anything on here in a couple of days. What happened is the first few days of the suboxone withdrawl was really just physical for me and I got through it. But this past weekend from about day 6 to now I have just been extremely depressed and really dealing with all mental aspects of it now. I did wonder though if any of you could share your thoughts on this but since I've stopped the suboxone I've also stopped smoking cigarettes. I was about pack a day smoker over the coarse of the past 10 years and since I've stopped the suboxone I have no intereset at all in smoking cigarettes. I know you can withdrawl from nicotine as well and wondering if this could be causing some of the depression. Anyways, I'm definitely not going back on suboxone now that I made it this far but I still am dealing with a lot of depression and I do think it's just gonna take some time. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:07 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Charred I quit smoking feb 1st which was in the middle of my taper .., great to hear you quit the cigs too............I dont recall any depression from no nicotine but thats just me and I was dealing with my taper at the time as well. Today is day 10 for me off subs my last dose was 04/15/11.

I felt great the first few days I stopped ( jumoed at .25 mg) then I had a few bad days but they were survivable. I think what happens when we stop suboxone is we being to feel things again and I can see how depression will play a part in all that, today I feel great but the days I didnt I would force myself to go to the gym and work out or take a walk that helps so much with the depression for me at least

GOOD JOB it will get better!!!
Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have read many times on this forum that suboxone might have some anti depessant effects. This means stopping the subs might bring on depression. This did not happen for me when I stopped but I was not depressed before subs or opiates so I dont know. Ask your sub doctor...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think all opiates have that anti depressant affect. In fact dont most continue to do the opiate to change the way they feel?

I also know it very normal for everyone to go thru some deprssion when stopping opiates.. I have read way too many detoxes and did way too many myself and always had to deal with some depression. Excerise will help out big time, spicy foods. Hot showers are know to boost endorphines. Think about it...we take the opiate for so long that we loose the ability to produce endorphines, esp with long actings like methadone and suboxone. When the recpetor are full of that opiate no need to produce feel good chemicals... so we dont. It take time for the receptors to come back on line.. some longer then others.

Just have to get thru it. CONGRATES on the jumps. No small feat I know.

Post subject: stay strong
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Be strong you can beat This Wonderfully addictive miracle crutch. Stay strong say in your mind that this will pass. it will every minute you dont take more. your body sheds it. Hot baths help a lot for the burning skin ect. I wish you well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am on day 26 and can tell you a certain amount of depression and anxiety come with the territory. Today I feel great but the last few days had what your going through. I think it is PAWS but don't know for sure. I'm still taking L-Tyrosine and B-12 for energy and have been digging ditches for water lines most of the day. I have more energy today than the last 25 days combined. It will get better, just hang in there.