It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Karen, keep fighting and think about all the positive things that will come when you get off once and for all! Do you have any prescriptions to help combat the withdrawal symptoms?

I have a few prescriptions in my arsenal for when I jump, but if you don't, maybe talk to you doctor about getting some to take when your withdrawals start creeping up wen you drop doses.

Keep fighting!

RXFCG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you Amy and RXFCG for the positive thoughts. I sure need all I can get right now that's for sure.

I have been having a rough time of it I have to admit. Been having lots of symptoms that have had me in bed under the covers freezing with a heating pad one minute and hot and sweaty with a fan on me the next. Combine those with the RLS and a booming headache and this girl has been out of commission.

I'm down that's for sure.....but definitely not out!

I still have LOTS of fight left in me and the sub had better take notice. I'm thinking of this as a battle, a war if you will, where it's either the subs getting the best of me and I give up, or me digging in deep and fighting for my life. I plan on fighting, and winning this one too!

To answer your question RX, I was able to get some Clonidine and that has helped quite a bit. I also tried the Hylands Restful Legs along with a heating pad for the RLS. I know nothing is going to take all the symptoms away, but today is the first day in 2-3 days I have actually felt a little bit better.

I am lucky enough to work from home full time and that is also a blessing right now both to not have to go into an office, and I can take breaks if I need to do so on occasion.

Today is day 5 on the 1.50mg dose of Suboxone from a high dose of 24mgs. Maybe it's the half life coming out producing these symptoms? No matter, I will deal with them all as best I can and continue to reduce my dose when ready and get off this stuff.

Thanks to everyone for all the kind thoughts and suggestions. I really appreciate everyone of you guys. Take care guys and have a nice day!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Guys,

It's day 6 on the 1.50mg dose and I feel like I'm back in the human race again after several days of feeling like poo. Doing much better today. I'm going to remain on this dose another day or so, or longer and make sure I'm stable before reducing again to 1.25mg per day.

I was able to get some 2mg film strips from my doctor and those are so much easier to cut the small doses up in my opinion. They are the same size as the 8mg strips so it only makes sense they would be easier to use at small cuts.

I'm going to try splitting my dose as a few people suggested and see what kind of difference, if any, that makes in the way I feel. Test the waters so to speak. I'll let everyone know if I notice any difference. I'll try 1mg in the am and the other .50mg in the pm about 8 hours after the first dose. If splitting works well I'll stick to it until I get down to .50mg total daily dose.

I have to be honest here and admit I had thoughts to take more sub when I was feeling my worst. So what I did was call my best friend and have her come over and take all my subs to hold for me. She's over 3 years clean from Suboxone and knows how it is. I do trust myself to be strong and not take more than each dose requires, but I want to make extra-sure I have none in my possession to take just in case. She lives nearby so it's no trouble for her to give me each days dose. I jog each morning by her house and pick up each dose then so that works well for now.

Anyway doing better and will continue forward. Thanks to everyone for all the positive energy sent my way. Not sure you guys know just how much it helps me, and I'm sure everyone else. You guys are all awesome!

Have a great day everyone!

Karen xoxo

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been following your story. It's great to hear a positive update. Stay strong---you can do this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the kind comments, Flair 1. Nice to have you following along. I'm certainly trying to remain strong and make this a positive story. LOL. I've had a few stumbles in the way of symptoms, but nothing that would stop me from my ultimate goal of getting off the Suboxone. I'm getting there too, one day at a time. Thanks again and I hope you are well.

Update for today: Today is day 7 on the 1.50mg dose. Feeling so much better! It seems that after each dose reduction I have a couple days of down time and then I bounce right back. I can handle that perfectly well. If that's the price I have to pay to get off the sub then so be it.

I also split my dose for the first time and I think the results were positive. Hard to tell for certain, but I took 1mg yesterday morning about 6 am and the other .50mg around 3 pm. I seemed to have more energy in the late afternoon, and I also was able to get a good amount of sleep. Could be all in my head, but I'll take positive results anytime!

So overall I'll continue to stick with the split dose method and a big THANK YOU to those that suggested I might try that back a ways! :D

I'm going for it and reducing tomorrow morning down to 1.25mg and remain there for about a week. I'll see if the same pattern follows in which I feel good the first 2 days followed by those symptoms, then good again. I'll just figure on it happening to be safe.

I'm getting there one day at a time. I can hardly believe I'm almost down to the 1mg mark!!! Never been this low on a sub dose....EVER!!! Woooo Hoooo I'm doing it guys!!!!! :lol:

Take care everyone and my sincere thanks to those cheering me on. Really means more to me than I can possibly say. Hope you all have a great day!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're dropping down to 1.25mg tomorrow? You're a machine!!!

Hopefully by splitting your dose, your evenings will be a little bit better. Are you planning on taking .25mg off the morning or evening dose?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Romeo,

I plan on taking .25mg less on my morning dose for now. I will take .75mg in the am and another .50mg in the early afternoon as before. That way my afternoon dose remains the same for now. I think that will work just fine and will give that a shot.

I may be a machine as you say, but I break down from time to time too. Stupid drugs. I'll beat them in the end and I know it! Thanks Romeo.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Reduced this morning to a dose of 1.25mg. Wooo Hooo! :D

Can't believe I'm doing this! I'm actually proud of myself for hanging in there.

I'm also splitting the dose as I mentioned before taking .75mg in the am and another .50mg in the pm and so far that seems to be working well.

I'll remain on this dose for about a week and see how I feel and make a decision at that time whether to reduce then or remain a little longer on this dose.

For now all is well and feeling good...

Take care everyone and have a nice day!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Good work Karen! You're catching up to me! I just got down to 0.75 mg today! Besides a couple of nights were I had some trouble sleeping and a couple days I felt lethargic, my symptoms have been good!

I still have another 3 months until I get down to 0mg, so you'll be passing me up shortly. That's great you work from home and can take breaks if needed. I wish I had that option.

Keep up the fight and stay positive!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks RXFCG and congrats for getting your dose down to .75mg. WOW.....that's a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself! Nice to hear your doing so well.

Yeah, I'm getting close to where your at. So far I have been happy with the results. A few symptoms that had me down a few days, but I actually expected to have them a time or two. I'm getting off strong drugs and it shouldn't necessarily be an easy thing to do. I always try and remember that.

I figure once I get down to 1mg and below I may have to slow the time between reductions down a bit. I'll just play it by ear and see what happens. As long as I keep reducing I figure I'm winning.

Take care and thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Everyone,

Today is day 2 of my 1.25mg dose down from a high of 24mgs for almost 3 years. I feel completely ready and want off the sub badly. I'm tapering by .25mg increments every 7 days or so and that is working well for me. I've had some symptoms after the second day of my reductions, but so far I'm feeling great today!!! :D

I'm taking .75mg between 6-7 in the am, and the other .50mg between 2-4 in the afternnon. This seems to be working quite well actually. I know the long half life of sub does not usually require taking it more than once per day, but something about having that second dose for the day makes it a huge "mental" benefit.

I think addicts always feel the need to take "something" and this probably explains why taking more than one dose makes that difference. That's my opinion anyway. It just feels nice to know I have another dose to take in the afternoon. I know it'a all a mental thing.

All for now guys and I hope everyone is doing well in their own recovery efforts. Hope you all have a great friday night and an awesome weekend!!!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Karen,

I finally started reading your thread. You are doing fabulous! Getting down to the nitty gritty now! It seems as if you have gotten some great advice, splitting the doses really helped me when I got down past 1mg. The only thing I would add is that when you get a bit lower you might want to slow your taper down a little. It seems to get a little harder and take a little longer to get adjusted for most people when you get pretty low. You may not feel the need to do so, but being flexible is a good thing. It sounds like you are ready to do this though. Kudos to you for giving your subs to your friend. You never know when that weak moment will hit, and that is just an added layer of protection. Great work!

Q

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey QHorseGal. It's very nice to hear from you! Gosh, I really appreciate the very kind comments. And your right, I have been getting some GREAT advice from everyone here. Also the suggestions and support always come at the right time it seems. I did notice a difference when I began splitting my dose. I'm sure some, if not most of it is mental, but I swear it has helped provide me with additional energy, and a positive mood in the afternoon hours.

I will definitely take your suggestion of slowing my taper at the lower doses. I can see at this point how that would benefit me greatly and I will keep a close eye on things. I have been reducing about every 7 days, but as you say I may have to place more time between those reductions very soon. I'll see what happens and remember your suggestion that's for sure!

Yeah I didn't hesitate giving my subs to my friend for safe keeping. Like you said, it's an added layer of protection, and a possible temptation I don't need right now. So far it is working just fine.

I hope you are doing well yourself. I believe when I last remembered you had went to 1mg. I hope your feeling good on that and have minimal symptoms. I will check your thread soon as I am able.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I wish you continued success and hope when YOU ARE READY your taper can resume. I'm here for you any time girl!!! :D

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good Morning Everyone,

Well I spent 4 days on the 1.25mg dose and had no symptoms whatsoever, none at all! I felt great each and every day on that dose. So today I'm taking the plunge and reducing by .25mg once again and my new dose is 1mg daily!! Woooo Hoooo I am really getting down there now!!! :D

WOW....1mg a day.....NEVER, EVER thought I would get down to that amount. :)

I'm also splitting my dose and taking .50mg between 6-7 am and the other .50mg between 3-4 pm as I was before. That's working great for me!

I also know and expect some symptoms to perhaps show themselves and I'm ready for them. I plan on remaining on the 1mg longer than the other doses, and taking QHorsegals suggestion to take it slow under 1mg doses. I want off quickly, but I'm also not going to rush it at this point either.

Doing great and rolling along right now. Staying positive and getting it done!

Have a great day everyone! :D

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:22 am 

Thanks for updating us again! I'm thinking it probably helps you as well to keep posting your progress. Definitely a win-win. :) Keep up the great work!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Amy,

Your right, it's helping me soooo much to update everyday, and also put my thoughts down on "paper" so I can read what I have written when the need arises. It's nice to use my thread as a journal and that way others can send me their opinions, suggestions, advice, and of course support, which I have needed badly because it was missing in my life at the time.

I hope you are well Amy and many thanks for you reply. It's soooo much appreciated! :D

Today is day 2 of my 1mg dose per day. Can't tell you guys how GREAT it feels to be able to just say I am on a dose that low! :D Never been in this territory before and it feels gooood!!! LOL.

I know many have their reductions much lower than that, but for me personally it's a huge victory!!!! I felt a couple warm spells last night, and a tiny bit of RLS, but other than that it's all good and I'll take it!

Stay strong everyone....you can do it!

Karen xoxo :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Karen, you are absolutely right to feel proud of yourself. It takes alot of strength and determination to get to where you are at!

Go Karen, go Karen, your a rock star, go Karen!

OK, sorry, bit of a cheerleader moment...maybe all these football practices are getting to my head.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your an AWESOME cheerleader too! :D Rah, Rah, Rah....here we go! :)

I take it you have a son(s) playing football at this time? That's so cool. I absolutely LOVE football myself, but I can get real carried away when my team is losing, which unfortunately is most of the time!! :lol:

I'm doing ok I guess. And I do feel proud of myself for at least getting this far in the process!

Last I knew you were also at a 1mg dose. Are you at that dose now or have you reduced? Please let me know how your doing. I posted on your thread about a week ago I guess it was asking for an update. Your probably so busy with practices and life stuff that you haven't had time to check. No worries!

Thank you so much for ALWAYS being such a positive influence here for me. I love reading all your posts to everyone! And please keep the cheerleading up....I will take all I can get!! RAH RAH RAH!!! :lol:

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes Karen, my 11yo son is playing football right now. Another practice tonight...I'm not much of a football fan. Baseball is my first and immense love. And I was never into the cheerleading stuff growing up, but my competitive side rears its ugly head when my boys are playing and I can get pretty loud!

Sorry I haven't updated you on my current dose. I'm still at 1mg. I'm thinking about starting to taper back down soon, but after the last 6 months or so of it I'm kind of in a holding pattern. Resting where I'm comfortable and building up the courage to give it another go. I believe that when I start this again, going at a pace that is more comfortable for me, I will be successfull. But I'm not in a rush.

Thanks for asking!

Q

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Karen, I just got a chance to read over your thread, your doing awesome. When you said you never ever thought you could get to 1mg. It sounds so familiar, it's amazing how you can find strength you didn't think you had. You are doing incredible, I can't tell you how much it helps to hear you being so positive and pushing through. It's nice to know there's other people out there that understand. Keep going strong! You've got this!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next