It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi RXFCG,

I had the symptoms for about a day and a half I guess. It had me confused because for the first 4-5 days I felt great on the dose reduction. But then I began to feel them coming on and I just dealt with them without taking anyhting.

I can see where the small dose reductions would work for most people, but I've already been on the sub for almost 3 years and just not prepared to remain on it for another 6+ months or more.. I'm just going to fight thru any symptoms that I do have and get off this stuff quicker.

I'll still wait about 4-7 days between reductions, but I'm going to be reducing by larger dose amounts. I want off this stuff in the worst way possible, and willing to put up with some discomfort to be able to do it that way. I know your plan will work, and I would also tell anyone that is in no particular hurry to do it that way too. I guess for ME I have to try it another way at this time. I want to be 100% clean, and that means no subs in my system.

The way I see it right now is IF I'm going to be having any kind of symptoms, I will be having them while off the sub rather than on it. I'll taper as low as I can get of course before jumping, but I want to move this along quicker than the tiny dose reductions would allow me to do right now.

Thanks for all your help and concern. It really is appreciated.

Karen
xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:16 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Do you have someone that can dose you FOR you? I'm not saying its completely mental, as 3 years is a long Time for your body to get used to it, but if i know it's mental it's much easier. Have someone else that knows how to prep your dose actually place it, and randomly drop in dose, without you knowing when it happens.

This can also backfire, so it might not work. Just stay positive, you're doing it the right way. I messed up and KINDA jumped out of necessity, but now I love life, physical anxiety beats sleeping all damn day and being on subs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the suggestion Fiveseven. I do have some girlfriends that would be willing to help me take the doses, but I know I can do this myself, and I want to be held accountable. I got myself into this situation and I can get myself out of it too.

Besides I really want to know what I'm taking with each dose. I understand what your saying, but I want to keep my dose reduction very steady and planned. I'm gonna continue to do it my way for now and reduce every 4-7 days by approximately .25mg each time. I WILL make this work for me.

Thank you very much Fiveseven for your comments and I really do appreciate you taking the time to post here. Hope your doing well yourself.

Today is my first day on the new dose of 1.75mg. Woooo Hoooo! :D I consider that a major victory from a high dose of 24mgs!!!

Never been this low before and it feels great right now. Got up very early this morning and went for a job as I usually do in the early am. Gets my day off energized and the feeling is incredible!

I will remain here for up to a week and reduce again and continue doing that same process. I'll just deal with any symptoms that come up and know that all of them will pass on their own. I'm just real tired of being on the sub and want off. I'll do what's necessary to make that happen.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Karen
xoxo

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congrats brown eyed girl! Keep it up and keep positive!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks RXFCG for always rooting me on. Can't tell you how much that means to me to have you and everyone else in my corner helping and supporting as I attempt to get off the Suboxone.

End of my first day of the 1.75mg dose and feeling great! Actually was preparing for some symptoms to come by and say hello to me but so far they are not showing up. I'm not foolish or naive enough to think they won't be there at some point either. Let those symptoms come, I'll deal with every single one of them too!

I'm remaining very positive as you suggest RXFCG, and will stick to my plan all the way to the finish line. My mind is made up and I am one tough cookie. It won't be easy, but it will be done!!!

Karen
xoxo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well it's day 2 on the new dose of 1.75mg from a high of 24mgs for almost 3 years. I'm feeling great too! No issues to report at this time and no problems. I have enough energy to get thru the day too.

Now having said that I'm still preparing myself for the hammer to drop and a symptom or two to creep in and let me know this isn't going to be that easy. I'm well aware how tuff this Suboxone is, but I am too and I'm prepared to give it a fight for the right to get my life back.

But for now all is well and good. I'll continue to update my progress.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Karen
xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Day 3 on the 1.75mg dose of Suboxone and I'm continuing to feel just fine. Having no problems right now and just continuing to follow my plan. I'll make a decison after tomorrow how long to remain on this dose. When I feel ready I will reduce to 1.50mg and remain there until ready to reduce again.

This plan of mine is definitely not for everyone. If I hadn't been on the sub so long (3 years) I might reduce by much smaller amounts and make the duration longer as well like I was doing in the beginning. I just decided to get it over with much sooner and that's my personal decision. It's what I feel is best for ME right now.

All for now and I will continue to post my progress and any symptoms that may decide to show up to document my plan. Hope everyone has a great day today.

Karen
xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your plan seems to be working pretty good so far and that's great!! You're listening to your body and you're following your taper plan, keep it up!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you Romeo for the kind words. I have complete confidence that this plan will do the job. I'm sticking to it and reducing when fully ready. Your right, listening to my body is the real key. It always lets me know what to do.

Still having those very vivid dreams and sure hope they pass soon. If they were all sweet and rosy I would love it, but they aren't, they are ALL very frightening and leave me confused and shaking when I wake up from having one. I was crying last night it was so real and I was being hurt by someone.

It was crazy as some guy was chasing me thru the mall and trying to steal my subs. I tried to hide, but he found me each time and began punching me in the face. I always wake up at the point of some kind of trauma? Just really weird shit and I sure hope they go away soon!!!! :(

But if that's the worst symptom I have I can deal with it. Other than the dreams I'm really feeling good. It's the end of day 3 on my 1.75mg dose. I'll stay on this same dose tomorrow, but may reduce again on Thursday if I feel as good as I do now.

Thanks again for posting, I really appreciate it! Hope you are well and doing good.

Karen
xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

omg brown eyed girl, I know someone on this forum had a dream almost exactly like that! Something about being chased, searching for her subs in her purse, or losing her subs, something like that. Sometimes I have nightmares that my family finds out about my addiction and I never hear the end of it. That's seriously a big motivating factor in me quitting, and the fact that if I get pulled over for anything, I'm screwed. This town is stupid, I touched the yellow line once and they asked me 10 times if they could search the car, and even though I didn't have anything on me, I just wanted to say no because it was my right, and they even brought the dogs in and sniffed the car, and I just know if I get caught speeding or something they could very well do it again. Not sure if they could actually go into my car if I still say no, but I don't want to take that chance. A drug charge would bar me from any job in my career of choice, and I would not be able to take out any more student loans. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you, I get nightmares about subs sometimes too. I guess that can be one more way to get us excited about quitting --- we won't have to worry about stuff like this any more.

Also, I have found that when withdrawing from subs, the nightmares can be very very real, and it makes sense that you are getting them while reducing your dose. Sometimes I would have to actually go downstairs and turn on the tv because I was too scared to be in the dark, lol!

You're doing so amazing on your taper, and I just know that it will be so easy for you when you finally do hit 0. Just keep at a steady pace, and you will do great. Personally, when I would slow down my taper I would get anxious and start doing more sub because it gave me more time to think about feeling that feeling "one more time", but when I would try and speed up my taper, I would withdraw too rapidly and force a bunch of sub in my mouth to take away the leg cramps, and the bad thing about that is, even an hour after a dose, it barely takes the edge off. I would end up dosing several times, and completely screwing up my taper. So I just wanted to tell you, it might be a good idea to just not even think about going slower unless you really can't function throughout the day or are having too much anxiety. If you aren't stable mentally, it could be harder, so in that case you should totally slow down if you have to. I just wanted to share my own experience with you. And keep up the great work!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi invisiblemovement. I've done some reading and it does look like the dreams really are quite common with some addicts detoxing from the subs. That's sure true in my case as I have said. That's strange my dreams are nearly the same as someone eles's too. I hadn't read that post.

I know exactly what you mean by turning on the TV to get out of the dark. I had to get up and turn some lights on to even get back to sleep. Many times I didn't want to go back to sleep either for fear of picking up the dream right where I left off. They are THAT scary to me!

Thank you for sharing your own experience. It certainly helps to get everyones ideas of what they had to do to get thru this taper and finally off the subs. I really believe I'm doing good right now. Very minimal symptoms that aren't bothering me too much at all right now. I want off this stuff so bad that I'm more than willing to put up with a few symptoms anyway. If they do get bad enough to let me know I should maybe slow down then I will do just that, slow down and take it easy between dose reductions.

Thanks again for your post. I really appreciate it. Take care and I hope you are well yourself!

Karen
xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Continuing my daily updates to keep my journal going so I will have something to look back at to see how far I have come.

Today is day 4 on the 1.75mg dose. I was put on a high dose of 24mgs of Suboxone for almost 3 years and tapered myself down to 2mg without my doctors knowledge. I tried to jump from 2mg and had problems so now I'm tapering as low as I am able to get and then I will attempt to jump one final time when I'm ready.

I'm having very few issues at this point, and if I continue to feel good at the end of the day today I will reduce my dose once again tomorrow morning. I probably should reduce down to 1.50mg, but I am seriously considering reducing to 1.25mg and see what happens. If I do reduce to 1.25mg I fully understand I may have to remain on that dose a little longer than I have on the others. I will make that decision tomorrow morning when it's time to dose.

I am continuing my aftercare plan of attending as many NA meetings as possible. I've asked someone to be my sponsor and waiting for a decision from her tonight at the meeting. I'm quite sure this is going to work out just fine for me and she has over 10 years clean!

Thanks to everyone here for your support. No way I could have gotten this far without all of you guys. So happy I found this site and all the amazing members all willing to be so helpful.

One day at a time.....

Karen
xoxo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Reduced today from 1.75mg down to a dose of 1.50mg and so far I'm feeling ok. I'll remain on this dose a little longer than the last dose to give the half life a chance to remove itself, or at least some of it. I reduced after 4 days this time and I do realize that was very fast.

Hope everyone is doing well in their recovery efforts.

Karen
xoxo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dang, you're down to 1.5mg already. Good Job!!

I remember one of your first posts stating how you had never been able to break the 2mg barrier. Well, you broke the 2mg barrier just like Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier, you went screamin' on through it!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Dang, you're down to 1.5mg already. Good Job!!

I remember one of your first posts stating how you had never been able to break the 2mg barrier. Well, you broke the 2mg barrier just like Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier, you went screamin' on through it!! :D

LOL. :D Thanks Romeo. Your always here pushing me forward and keeping me motivated and for that I am so thankful. This is very scary territory for me. I have never been on this low of a dose of the Suboxone and it certainly helps to get someone like you posting at just the right time letting me know this is all very possible. Thank you so much for all your help!

Today is day 2 on the 1.50mg dose from a high of 24mgs for almost 3 years. I'm not feeling perfect, but it is very doable and I will continue with my plan. Just a few small symptoms letting me know the sub is trying hard to derail me. I fully expected that to happen at some point and I'm just going to remain as positive as I possibly can and keep on fighting. It certainly won't make me give up that's for sure!

I'm having a few issues in my personal life right now that is both helping and hurting. Helping because it's keeping my mind off the sub symptoms a little bit, and the distraction is good for me right now. Hurting because life isn't always going to be perfect. The difference now is that I am dealing with things HEAD ON instead of going around them if I was still using. That makes all the difference.

I'll remain on this dose for a while longer to make certain I'm ready to reduce again. Even though I want off the sub quickly, I'm NOT going to rush it either. I'm still attending NA meetings as often as possible to give me a strong foundation after I do get off the subs. All in all I am very pleased where I'm at both physically and mentally right now.

I hope everyone has a great day! Later guys. :)

Karen
xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:49 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with your taper and how fast your mind can deal with stuff. When I was on 8-16mg of subs I felt like my mind was always a bit muddled, but I had grown used to it. Being at such a low dose it may not be an earth shattering difference but I think one's mind can move faster, only because it can. I really admire your resilience and self control...you're doing what I WANTED to do, but could never do it lol. I just had to jump and ride the best I can

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks FS for the comments. Really appreciate that and hope you are doing well.

Today is day 3 on my 1.50mg dose and I'm having a few symptoms. Nothing too bad, just more of the hot/cold sweats I was having at the other doses. And a little RLS keeping me from a full nights sleep. I'm sure it will all pass in another day or two as it did before.

Other that that little bit of discomfort I'm doing very well. I plan on remaining on this dose a while longer to let some of the half life get rid of itself. I'm still very positive and will not be defeated.

Hope everyone has a great day and a real nice weekend!

Karen
xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:50 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey y know what? I know it sounds like total BS (I thought it was) hylands homeopathic restful legs. Can get it at CVS or Walgreens.

I took it during acute WD and although it didn't take it away completely, it helped NOTICEABLY. RLS for me is the WORST symptom. Like my mom took me to the ER before bad, and this stuff actually helped me quite a bit. I had heard about it many times during my many other attempts but for some reason this time I just said f it. I'll try anything.

This is what I thought about homeopathic medicine before I tried it lol
[youtube]http://youtu.be/i3u2mBVFEHc[/youtube]

But I really do have to put my tail between my legs on this one and admit there might be something to it. Granted it would only last a few hours but it gives you that few hours to doze off. Worth a shot and YMMV.

Take care and have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you so much for mentioning the Hylands Restful Legs, Fiveseven and for that link. Very interesting I have to admit. I'm definitely gonna give it a try tonight. I got some today at my local CVS pharmacy. I asked the pharmacist about it and she told me lots of people had great results using it for the RLS. I'm excited to see if it helps me get at least a little bit of sleep. Thanks again FS for all your help. I appreciate that so much!

Well it's the end of day 3 on the 1.50mg dose. Sorry to say I'm REALLY feeling bad this evening. I had plans to go out and had to cancel them due to the symptoms clobbering me. I keep having those hot spells that produce lots of nasty sweating which is dusgusting to me. Also having terrible headaches and RLS symptoms. I get the chills right after each of those hot spells too. They last about 10-15 minutes and then keep repeating about every couple hours.

I'm trying to figure out if anything triggers the symptoms, but so far nothing seems to fit. I will be feeling ok and then notince myself getting all warm like my blood pressure is rising (it isn't) and my temp going up, but that isn't either. I get that warm/hot feeling all over.

I know it's my body fighting and begging for me to give it more sub. That's just NOT gonna happen. I simply will not ever give in again. I want off this sub and this is the time to make it happen. I'll try to treat each of the symptoms when they come up. All I can do right? Hope the Hylands that FS suggested will help with the RLS tonight so I can get some sleep.

Hope everyone is having a great evening.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:17 pm 

Keep going strong, Karen! We're with you!

Amy

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next