It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would say as long as the family stays outta y'alls bedroom, it's all good!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Karen, you are such a great friend! I think it's a fabulous idea! Believe it or not, even as much as you love your fiance, after nine days you will be glad to have someone else's face to look at!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
I would say as long as the family stays outta y'alls bedroom, it's all good!!

I know the family will stay out of our bedroom...

We'll be on a different island!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

GOOD THINKING!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy ~ Tiny ~ Q Horse,

Thank you all for the extremely kind comments! Love you guys!!!! :wink:

The little gathering we had tonight was the best time I've had in a long, long time! We did the usual things of going over final details of the wedding and reception, had some food, exchanged some pleasantries, and the usual chit chat. Then my fiancé and I said we had a surprise for those that had worked so hard lately, and expertly put the entire thing together on such short notice.

When we told my Maid of Honor, and her husband, the Best Man and his wife, and the other 3 workers/helpers/family and friends that we were paying for their entire trip to Hawaii with the rest of us there wasn't a dry eye in the room! It was both amazing and joyous!! I wish you guys could have seem the look on their faces!!! My Maid of Honor was jumping up and down so high I thought her head was going to hit the ceiling!!! :lol: The Best Man and his wife were arm in arm dancing around the room!!! The others just sat there with this shocked look on their faces!! It was crazy!!! And so cool!!!

I can't tell you how good that made my fiancé and I feel!!! We knew we did the right thing and a very good thing! We both got hugged and hugged and hugged!! :D To say they were happy is the biggest understatement ever! Going to be the best time ever!!! :D

Hugs Ladies,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like fun!!!!!! It's so wonderful to be in the position to bless others like that Karen! I bet you were even more excited than they were!

You totally rock...

Q

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wooop Wooop! 3 WEEKS Suboxone/Subutex free today!!!!

Hard to believe it's been that long since my very last dose of subs! And I want to honestly say to those that may be reading I have actually had no symptoms, no withdrawals, and no cravings whatsoever! It's been one of the most positive experiences of my life!

I tapered low (.50mg) and was planning on going lower when I had to have an emergency surgery. I stopped the subs for about 1 day and was switched to 5mg Vicodin. I took narcotics for only 1 day after the surgery and simply never went back on the subs! Not the ideal way to do it perhaps, but it worked out very well in anyway.

So overall the best experience possible sub wise.....now I am having some symptoms from being preggo. I'm having a few cramps, some small headaches, and a few "tummy" issues all related to the baby. I feel just a tiny bit "off" if you will, but it's the good kind of off if you know what I mean. Having my first child is already the most rewarding experience ever! Can't imagine how exciting it's going to be when the baby makes an appearance! :D

Thanks Q for the comments! Yes, I was even more excited than those we told of their upcoming trip to Hawaii with all of us! I wish you could have seen their faces when presented with the news! :lol: Talk about priceless!

I'm one very lucky and very Blessed girl and I know it!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day today!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yay Karen! I'm so happy you are doing so well.

Ps- I think you need an extra bridesmaid. I mean I was just in Hawaii as a bridesmaid, I think I would be pro at going back there. And i'm totally practiced in the wedding thing. Just a thought :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:53 am 

You and your friends are going to have an absolutely fantastic time in Hawaii!! I hope you had someone video taping when you revealed the big news! That would be fun to watch over again!

I was just thinking about the first time I felt Jacob move. I think I was 15 or 16 weeks along. I laid down on the couch and remained really still. I asked if the baby would please move around enough for me to feel it. After a few minutes of relaxed concentration I felt him! He felt like a little goldfish swimming around in my abdomen. I really missed that feeling after he was born!

I'm thinking I'll share some little pregnancy anecdotes here and there if you don't mind. It's fun to relive those memories!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Girl on a mission wrote:
Yay Karen! I'm so happy you are doing so well.

Ps- I think you need an extra bridesmaid. I mean I was just in Hawaii as a bridesmaid, I think I would be pro at going back there. And i'm totally practiced in the wedding thing. Just a thought :wink:

:lol: You are more than welcome to come along with us!!! The more the merrier! I would invite everyone on the entire forum if I could!!! :lol:

I see Tiny suggested Maui to you for your mext visit and I couldn't agree more with that suggestion. I've been to Hawaii before as I have mentioned and Maui is absolutely stunning! That's our destination this time too!

Think it over, clear your schedule, and we'll swing by to pick you up on our way! :lol:

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Amy!

Oh yeah, we sure did have someone video taping when we told those friends and family members they would be going along with us! My mom was taping it and they kept asking why she was taking video of our little gathering! :D We laughed and laughed, and then we all cried after they got done dancing around the room and jumping up and down once they all found out! It was so cool Amy! I just wish you could have seen their faces!!!

I haven't seen the video yet, but I'm sure it will be even funnier than when it actually happened! :D

I don't think I have felt the baby move yet, but can't be real sure? I'm about 13-14 weeks right now so it could be close to time. I know when it's certain the baby is moving it will be one of the most exciting times ever for me! MY next OB/GYN appointment is the 3rd week of October and we find out the sex of the baby at that time. And THAT will put me into orbit I'm sure! :lol: I'm counting down the days until that appointment!!!

Oh please DO share your pregnancy experinces here with me Amy! I want to hear about all of it. I don't mind one bit if others share their experiences here too! I encourage it all.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Guys,
Just a short update.

Sunday will be my 1 month anniversary of my last dose of subs! Well Sunday will be 4 weeks since my last dose, but the date was September 2nd. So maybe I should say October 2nd will be 1 month? Either way I'm almost there! :D Think I will figure the 2nd of each month will be the next from now on!

The time flies by quickly and staying busy certainly helps that along. As far as symptoms from that last dose are concerned, there just hasn't been any. I have fully expected to have some sort of issues with a few symptoms, but they just haven't showed up. I'm not complaining of course, just surprised, and pleasantly surprised at that! Overall a very good experience and the subs gave me my life back! I do know that IF any kind of relapse were to be in my future I wouldn't hesitate to get right back on the subs at that point!

Wedding plans are being finalized and nearly completed. Reception work has been completed and only the decorating at the time needs to be done. Honeymoon for the entire group is almost set. We may even have a few more join us which would be awesome! I can now relax a bit and enjoy the days leading up to all of it and concentrate on the baby and remaining healthy.

I have been under the weather the last few days with baby symptoms, and also some type of bug has gotten me down. I needed a visit to my family physician to find the cause and was given an antibiotic for a few days to hopefully get rid of it. I can feel it working and today I do feel better than previous days. Not bad at all.

Looking forward to my 3rd week in October OB appointment to find out the sex of the baby! So excited waiting for that day! We have the room all ready to go, just need to know if we should decorate for a boy or girl? Either would be fine of course, and we will be just as happy either way!

All for now and I will update later. I hope everyone is doing well. I'll be around reading threads and posts and commenting when I feel I have something to offer. Take care everyone, be safe, and enjoy the day and weekend! :D

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 am 

Hey Karen,

Glad to hear your update! It's so wonderful, after working at it for so long, that you are about to celebrate one month drug-free!! I'm sure there must have been days that you thought you'd never get here. I don't have to tell you not to take it for granted because I know you're not!

Finding out the sex of the baby is so fun! We wanted to know too and Jacob was very nice about giving us a clear view on the ultrasound! I had kind of been hoping for a girl, but every dream I had had about the pregnancy was about having a boy, so I should have known. And here's the great thing about boys: They LOVE their mommies!! Not that girls don't, but it's a little more complicated with girls. Especially during the teen years. Jacob is 15 now, and with a few exceptions, we get along really well! I think these years would have been a little more tumultuous with a girl. But, girls are super sweet too, so you really can't lose!

Congratulations for this Sunday!!!

Hugs,
Amy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glad to hear all your wedding plans are just about wrapped up!

I have a few questions for you since you're ahead of GOAM and I in the preggers department. Since you bring up catching a bug, have you decided to get a flu shot? I'm really torn on the decision. My doctor is urging me to get one (along with everyone else in our family who will be around the baby) but I don't normally get flu shots and don't know which is the right decision. I'm leaning towards getting one, simply because the thought of being sick while pregnant (and not being able to take OTC meds) makes my eyes pop out of my head.

Also, congrats on finding out the sex! That's exciting and I can't wait till I get to that point. What screenings did you choose? I've been researching all of them like crazy.. I'm supposed to tell my doc on 10/7 which ones I've settled on. Did you do the nuchal translucency screening? The tests are making my head spin quite honestly.

Hope you're feeling better!

(Also- what kind of symptoms do we get to look forward to in the 2nd trimester? Everyone I know keeps saying it gets easier during that time, so I'm a bit disappointed to learn that's not the case for you. :( )

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for your post Amy! We can hardly wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! I'm getting the why's and why not's and the "if it's a girl, and if it's a boy" drill from my mom and several of my friends that have children. They all have their own reasons regarding what happens if it's one or the other! I listen patiently to all the suggestions and I continue to learn from everyone.

Thanks for all your input, it really does help!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tiny!

Nice to hear from you girl! I hope your doing well yourself! It's really getting exciting isn't it? The days are flying by and soon the time will be here and then we can REALLY get excited!

I had that EXACT test you mentioned and that is it! The Nuchal Translucency Screening is the ONLY one I will have too! As you hinted, you can drive yourself crazy will all the ones that are offered. We stopped at that one and will roll the dice and see what happens! :D They only give you the "probability" and not the actual "yes they will have this or that, or no they won't have it" so we are not going to bother with any others.

About the flu shot? Funny you ask about that. Tiny I am a very healthy person. I stay in good shape, work out, eat right, and take vitamins regularily. I have NEVER had a flu shot because I RARELY ever get sick! But my OB/GYN, and my Family Physician recommended it because of all the people that will be around me so I DID get a flu shot for the first time ever! I don't necessarliy like that stuff in my body, but the doctors were all pushing me so I went ahead and agreed to have it. It made sense at the time. No way do I want the flu anytime in my pregnancy!!! :shock:

In the 1st Trimester I really didn't have any issues, but I seem to be having a few now? Just some cramping, with headaches and cold spells. A few minor tummy problems that have passed quickly. I picked up some kind of bug from being around so many people lately. I'm also completely run down from doing soooo many things too. I haven't been getting much sleep thinking about everything and I really think that's most of the problem.

I've got almost everything ready to go, with just a few last minute things to take care of. I know I can relax a bit now and I honestly believe that will make a huge difference in how I'm feeling. I will continue to post and give updates about how I'm feeling, and what symptoms, if any I'm having so you and Girl On a Mission can follow along. If I can help with any kind of head's up for you both that would make my day!

Make sure you let us know how your doing either here or on your thread Tiny. We need to hear about you too of course! You take care and if you have other questions just let me know. Talk to you later girlie!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:13 pm 

Karen,

So many good things happening in your life! To hear you say you had almost no symptoms from coming off Sub is a shot in the arm for me and I'm sure many others.

We all know people are different, some have a horrible time and some have it so so. I do think a lot of it is mental. We are all so afraid of w/d's that they psych us out and make it worse in our minds.

Post often about your experience. People need to see that not all addicts suffer badly. And you were on it for 3 years!! Dr. J always said that time had nothing to do with stopping it. I guess he's right again.

Okay, the thread goes back to the women!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Mr. Rule! :D

So nice to have one of the "guys" stop by once in a while and post! I don't quite understand why the men here just don't want to talk about pregnant women, morning sickness, headaches, strange tests, yucky feelings, gorging on odd foods, and overall icky symptoms, when it's the men responsible for all it in the first place? :lol: I'm so happy YOU had the courage to venture into "woman-land" and chat a bit! :D HAHAHAHA!!!

Really though, I believe it's extremely important for those that have the easiest times with symptoms when stopping sub therapy to tell about it for all to see. I will always give an honest assessment of how I'm feeling and hope it gives those that are tapering down and about to come off the subs the knowledge and HOPE that it really doesn't have to be THAT bad, or THAT horrible of an experience. It certainly wasn't for me!

I didn't get off completely free, but any symptoms I did have only lasted a day or two, and thet were nothing any more serious than what a headache-type feeling might feel like. I had a few hot and cold spells, a tiny bit of RLS, and a small headache, but as I said they only lasted no more than 2 days and were entirely manageable and easy to deal with. Any symptoms I had did NOT stop me from doing ANYTHING I wanted to do. As you said, I was on it for about 3 years so not just on and off quickly.

I DO want to post often as you suggested Rule. I said to someone here recently that I am one that believes those that have the easiest times tapering and getting off the sub simply do not stick around on the forums, but actually are out doing thngs they haven't been able to do since life on drugs held them back, and are out enjoying life and doing so many things they simply do not have the time to post any longer. I really believe that's true, and I certainly don't blame anyone for doing that.

Most use the forum for tapering or getting off their drug, and once that happens they no longer feel the need to post. Other reasons are also possible. The people that are on subs, or tapering, or using it as maintenance are usually still here. The ones that are not on anything, or finished have usually since gone. So it's only makes sense the negative-type stories far outweigh the positive ones. My opinion here of course, but to me that just nakes good sense.

So it is very important that those such as myself that really do have an easy time in detox tell all about it to give others hope it may be the same for them. A positive attitude goes a long way, and some, if not most of it is mental too as you also say. People hear about in advance, read all the horror stories and the good ones get lost in between those. I am willing to bet there are just as many positive stories as there are ones of the other kind where people struggle, and symptoms follow for a long time. I bet the actual results are very close to each other if we knew all about those that no longer decide to post!

Really, thanks for posting Rule. I hope your doing well and I did give you an ounce of hope as you continue. Take care of yourself and please stop by again soon!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:14 pm 

Happy one month anniversary, Karen!!!!!

Thank you for staying around beyond your end date!! We love having you here!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good Job Karen!!!!

Congratulations on your first month of sobriety!!!!! :D :D :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next