It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Susie!

I love giving updates, I'm just not certain it's appropriate to give them in nearly every post you know? Maybe I will back off just a bit and give them every week or so from now on? I can understand how this may not be the place for it.

But I sure do appreciate all the extremely kind comments like yours Susie! And I'm sure you are correct about being married and having children. I'm beyond excied and I'm not quite there yet. Can't imagine how happy I will be when it all finally happens! I don't know if I will be able to hold it together at the wedding, and during the birth of the baby. Going to be so emotional for me that's for sure!

I hear from nearly EVERYONE about the "time" thing, and how fast it goes by. I'm sure that's so true as it seems like just a few days ago I was on 2mg of Suboxone wondering if I EVER could get free of it. Now today is DAY 13 Clean and tomorrow will be 2 WEEKS! I can't believe how fast the time goes, and I'm especially certain it's that way with children growing up. My mom has "warned" me to enjoy every single second, even the bad, crying times of the baby as it flies by and I would be willing to give anything to get a day of those times back at some pint. I hear that nearly every day Susie! :D

Thank you again for the kind words. I truly appreciate you posting here as often as you do. I hope you are doing well and feeling good Susie. And I hope you have a great weekend.

Today is a perfect example why I'm a bit worried about the weather for my wedding. Just 3 days ago it was 95 degrees here and today it's going to be in the 50's as a low up to about 65. Next week they are predicting temps in the 80's followed by temps in the 50's again! It's crazy here in Michigan!!!

Take care girl.
Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WOW!!! 2 WEEKS CLEAN!!! :D

Really it's hard to believe I have 2 weeks clean right now. Such a short time really, but a huge beginning to a new life free of drugs!

I will NEVER forget the harm, disater, trouble, sickness, and overall misery abusing drugs has caused in my life. I never want to go down THAT road again....EVER!

Being clean is the most wonderful feeling in the world, and I have promised myself to do everything possible to remain that way!

Doing well and feeling great! Busy as can be and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Have a great day everyone!

Karen xoxo :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Karen

CONGRATS on 2 weeks! I am thrilled for you! You have so many things to look forward to, the wedding, the baby, freedom from addiction, I am truly happy for you!

My father in law said to take a picture every day because that how fast the children change, we just don't see it. LOL I bet you get plenty of tips here from all the mom's.

Hugs
Tiki

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tiki wrote:
Karen

CONGRATS on 2 weeks! I am thrilled for you! You have so many things to look forward to, the wedding, the baby, freedom from addiction, I am truly happy for you!

My father in law said to take a picture every day because that how fast the children change, we just don't see it. LOL I bet you get plenty of tips here from all the mom's.

Hugs
Tiki

Thanks Tiki!

That's funny you mentioned taking the picture everyday as the kids grow up so fast. My mom said the very same thing to me! We were recently talking about everything going on in my life right now and she said it was like one day I was 10 years old needing her help with everything, and the next day I was 18 and on my own!!! :D

As kids we look at it the other way around as things seem to take forever. Like getting to age 16 and being able to drive, then 18 and being considered an adult, and finally age 21 and able to drink legally!! :lol: Mom has all kinds of advice for me and I certainly will listen to any advice and suggestions I'm lucky enough to receive from all the moms here too! So keep it coming!

I hope your feeling better Tiki, and I posted on your thread a short time ago. You take care of yourself and stop back here anytime!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

This is so great Karen. So inspiring. I've made a pact to only read stories on here regarding tapering. Positive truthful accounts are few and far between on the rest of the net. Why do people want to freak other people out? I can completely understand if you're telling a bad experience in order to help someone not make the same mistakes. I am ALL for learning through other's mistakes lol. But many if these horror tales seem to be told for the sole purpose of shock. So very discouraging. I love this thread. THANK YOU for keeping us in the loop with your experience. Truthful accounts are precious to those still on this side :). And thank you for not abandoning us at the first sign of well being. We NEED to hear those things. For not only your sake, but ours.
You are my hero!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Minnie wrote:
This is so great Karen. So inspiring. I've made a pact to only read stories on here regarding tapering. Positive truthful accounts are few and far between on the rest of the net. Why do people want to freak other people out? I can completely understand if you're telling a bad experience in order to help someone not make the same mistakes. I am ALL for learning through other's mistakes lol. But many if these horror tales seem to be told for the sole purpose of shock. So very discouraging. I love this thread. THANK YOU for keeping us in the loop with your experience. Truthful accounts are precious to those still on this side :). And thank you for not abandoning us at the first sign of well being. We NEED to hear those things. For not only your sake, but ours.
You are my hero!

Howdy Minnie!

You always say the sweetest things to me! You are just a real doll girl! :D

Hugs,
Karen xoxo :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WHAT!! 2 weeks clean already, how'd that happen so fast? :)

Congratulations on two weeks clean, Karen!! You've come a long way and I'm really happy for you!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
WHAT!! 2 weeks clean already, how'd that happen so fast? :)

Congratulations on two weeks clean, Karen!! You've come a long way and I'm really happy for you!

Hey Romeo,

Thanks for the shout-out!

Yup, just OVER 2 weeks now (15 days) since my last dose of sub! Doing great and feeling awesome, just really busy these days which is also great. I figure I'm burning calories while also getting my natural endorphins firing on their own! Overall, no complaints!

I hope your hand is doing well? It must be about time to get the cast removed, if you haven't already cut it off? :lol: Let me know how the hand is when you get a minute.

Thanks again for the congrats. It is appreciated!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My hand is coming along, 8 more days and I get the pins out. BTW, if you have surgical pins sticking outta your hand, don't tap on the end of them with a metal pen, it hurts like hell when you do!! :shock:

Is your ankle back in Kick Ass shape yet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
My hand is coming along, 8 more days and I get the pins out. BTW, if you have surgical pins sticking outta your hand, don't tap on the end of them with a metal pen, it hurts like hell when you do!! :shock:

Is your ankle back in Kick Ass shape yet?

The ankle is good as new and thanks for asking! Took a little while, but it's causing me no problems. I've stopped the jogging for a while, at least outside I have. I'm begun to jog very lightly on my treadmill just to keep in shape. Certainly not over-doing it!

Why in the world would you be "tapping" on the pins sticking out of the hand? Are you asking for pain, or just not that smart? :lol: Leave that thing alone and please don't even think of taking the pins out yourself! :shock:

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Why in the world would you be "tapping" on the pins sticking out of the hand? Are you asking for pain, or just not that smart? :lol: Leave that thing alone and please don't even think of taking the pins out yourself! :shock:

Karen xoxo

Karen, do you really need to ask this question??? The answer is obvious...he's just a MAN! :lol:

I'm gonna let that one slide for you sweetie, but if you are blessed with a boy you'll figure it out real quick!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Q

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:lol: I know I probably lit the fuse and the little boy will probably make an appearance here soon with his "words of wisdom" that he so cleverly possesses! :D

Blessed with a boy???? :shock:
Praying for a little girl ~ Praying for a little girl ~ Praying for a little girl ~ Praying for a little girl :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HEY!! Y'all are just mean!! :lol:

I was just curious what would happen if I did it, now I know....it stings like the dickens!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:01 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo, you know not to stick the pins into an electric socket don't you? You cannot recharge yourself that way.

Never can be too safe.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Minnie, it's like you read my mind....spooky!! :lol:

Thanks to your sage advice, I shall resist the temptation to insert the pins into an electrical socket, thanks!!

(Just how stupid do y'all think I am?)

DON'T ANSWER THAT!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Minnie, it's like you read my mind....spooky!! :lol:

Thanks to your sage advice, I shall resist the temptation to insert the pins into an electrical socket, thanks!!

(Just how stupid do y'all think I am?)

DON'T ANSWER THAT!!!!

O Romeo Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo......

He's in the freaken ER getting bandaged up over his entire body due to sticking his hand and pins into the electric socket!!! :lol:

Everyone knows if you want to "recharge" yourself Romeo like Minnie says is to grab hold of a spark plug while the car is running, or perhaps holding on both cables of the battery. That should recharge you just fine darling!!! :lol: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:28 pm 

LOLOLOL!!!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Guys,

Tomorrow - Sunday - will be 3 WEEKS since my last dose of subs! Can't believe how fast the days are adding up! I'm feeling great too! No withdrawals, no symptoms, no cravings, and just enjoying life. Overall it's just been amazing! :D

And I thank everyone for all the suggestions, advice, and support I have received along the way! No way I could have done it without you! :wink:

Really busy these days, but the good kind of busy. All plans for the wedding, reception, and baby are being finalized, and everything is going very smoothly. No problems thanks to all the help I am receiving from friends and family! Those guys are all working so hard to make things perfect for me!

Our honeymoon is going to be in Hawaii for 2 weeks. We had mentioned this before to several of our friends and family and of course all the comments were: "We sure would love to be in Hawaii with you both". So my fiancé and I did some talking and thinking, and came to the conclusion, why not, why can't some of them be there to celebrate with us? What would be more exciting, and make us happier than to have a few of our closest friends and family members in Hawaii with us to help celebrate our new life together!!!

So we are doing just that!!! Because of their tireless efforts in helping things go as planned, and basically giving up their own lives right now to work on my projects, we are having a rather large group join us in Paradise!!! Our "gift" to my Maid of Honor and her husband, the Best Man and his wife, and 3 other couples that have been working so hard, is to give them an all-expense paid trip to Hawaii with the two of us!!!! Yes it will cost us a small fortune, but it's what we both want to do!!!

We know there is no way they could ever afford to pay for it themselves, and we WANT to do this for them all. Our gift, and our THANKS to all of them is well deserved. So together with my fiancé and I, and both our parents, there will be a total of 20 friends and family members going to Hawaii with us!!!! Some may believe that to be crazy, but I consider it to be an honor to have them celebrate the happy occasion!

My fiancé and I will be there for the first 9 days alone, and the rest of the group will arrive for the last 5 days! That gives us plenty of time alone, and 5 fun-filled days to party with the rest of the group!!! I really believe it will be the best time ever! Just being able to have photo's of all of us in Hawaii will be a treasure itself! Our parents are thrilled of course to be invited, as are all the rest of our friends and family members.

It is shocking how many were actually able to go along with us as a group! And we will all be flying home together! We plan on surprising those that we are gifting their trip tonight at a little pre wedding/reception/baby get together we have planned to go over the final details of everything. They will be so excited, and shocked!!!! :D I can't wait to tell them tonight!!!

Any comments good or not so good would be appreciated. If you think it's nuts, or crazy to have others present on our honeymoon then please say so. If on the other hand you think it's a great idea let me know that too. No harm, no foul, and I will not be the least bit upset my any comments good or bad! :D

It's just our way of rewarding those that have worked the hardest, and also having those that we love the most there with us to celebrate! Should be a great time for all.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:09 pm 

What a wonderful way to start your new life together, to be surrounded by loved ones! It says a lot about you and your fiance that your friends are so important to you. You are using your money well to invest in people rather than stuff. I am impressed, but not surprised. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sounds like a perfect honeymoon!! The more the merrier, IMO! But it's great that you'll have se alone time in the beginning, to unwind from the wedding craziness. Yay!! So excited for you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next