It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Remember back a month or two ago when you were just completely stuck at 2mg and you really had very little hope of ever getting off Suboxone? Now look at ya!! You're off Suboxone, you're not experiencing any wd to speak of and you're 100% kicking ass!! Rock On, Karen!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Remember back a month or two ago when you were just completely stuck at 2mg and you really had very little hope of ever getting off Suboxone? Now look at ya!! You're off Suboxone, you're not experiencing any wd to speak of and you're 100% kicking ass!! Rock On, Karen!!!

Yes, I remember that very well. Seems like a short time ago, but also so far away if that makes any sense? I WAS really worried at the time that I may never get off the sub. A few things happen for a reason and here I am today, celebrating my 10th day clean!!! Wooo Hooo, absolutely amazing!

Thanks Romes!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

10 days! Congrats Karen!!! Happy to hear your not going through hell!!! lol. I know that's not the most positive comment but eh.. It's true :wink: no hell= good detox in my opinion.

Keep up the good work! Your awesome

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Girl on a mission wrote:
10 days! Congrats Karen!!! Happy to hear your not going through hell!!! lol. I know that's not the most positive comment but eh.. It's true :wink: no hell= good detox in my opinion.

Keep up the good work! Your awesome

Hey Girl,

Not going through any kind of hell with sub withdrawals, but I'm having hellish trouble deciding what or rather when to have my wedding???? I feel great actually symptom wise, but it is WORK planning a wedding while preggo!!! :shock: LOL.

I would definitely love to be married BEFORE the baby arrives which is around the first of April. But I live in the North and winters can be tricky, and they usually suck big time. It could be calm, but it could also be cold, windy, rainy, wet blowing drifting snow, and lots of it too! Who wants to get married in that shit, and who would enjoy coming to a wedding in that either???? :roll:

I have already gotten bids for food and such, and the Church is no problem, but finding a reception hall large enough for the 400 - 500+ guests expected is beginning to be an issue right now! It looks like it would be much more pratical to have the wedding in May- June-July of next year, but that is after the baby is scheduled to make an appearance and not exactly what I was hoping for??? Might have to be that way no matter what I want?

What a friend had suggested, and I have actually considered myself a while ago talking to my mom and best friend is going in front of the Judge before the baby arrives to make it legal, keep it quiet, and then have the ceremony in the spring-summer next year? Just a thought and that may be what we decide to do?!

I'll get it figured out I'm sure. Just going bonkers right now, but I do feel good while my head is spinning around and around!! :lol:

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL...I was going to suggest a fall wedding until I saw the number of guests you're expecting! :shock:

You're a brave woman to attempt that!

But hey, there could be worse things to be worried about huh?

You are a BLESSED woman! Minimal WD, great man who wants to marry you, and a beautiful (yes, I know he/she is beautiful already) baby on the way!

I'm so happy for you!

Q

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Q,

:D I literally just received a phone call and the reception hall that was our first choice just became available due to a cancellation!!! :D I just can't believe it!!!!! I called my BF at work and he was so happy to hear that, and told me to go forward with plans with the wedding!!! I immediately phoned the printers and they can have the wedding announcements ready when I need them so it looks like my wishes of being married BEFORE the baby arrives will come true!!!!! OMGoodness I am soooo BLESSED!!!!!

It may be short notice for some people, but that can't be helped. The Church is available for the day we have chosen, wedding party mostly all set, food bids are being researched, and everything is falling into place!!! I still can't believe this!!!!!! :D

I have a hundred phone calls to make now and a million things to do! If I happen to disappear from the forum for a while it only means I am VERY BUSY!!!

My wedding will be November 9, 2013 which is just 8 VERY SHORT WEEKS from this coming Saturday!!!! WOW!!! I may lose a few people that will be invited due to the short notice, but it can't be helped. I'm not giving up this opportunity to make this happen when I want it to happen!!!!!

Still can't believe this is all going on right now!!! Got to run......I know I have to call somebody and tell them!!!!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:21 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Ah Ha, found your post. This is so great Karen. Congrats for Bub and getting married.
I posted in my post to you but will quickly repeat here. You are done! There will not be any more wd. The weeks will start to go quicker and quicker. I entered an even newer level of feeling good at approx day 30. I was feeling pretty good before then.
I know where you head is at. Being clean and feeling good is just so awesome after all these years isnt it?
Ive had not cravings or thoughts of any sort. Sounds like you will be fine. You have a new life now.
Do what i do and understand we cant have a recreational opiate one more time, ever.
Just great stuff Karen. Good on you!
C.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there C.

Yup, I read the post on your thread! Thank you for that too! I've followed your updates closely and it's nice to see you adding up those clean days!

Your right about the time going by fast. I can't believe I'm almost 2 weeks clean! Seems like only yesterday I was still on 2mg wondering what to do next!!! Amazing really! :D

I know I'm in that "pink cloud" phase where everything that surrounds me is so clear and you just want to tell everyone how amazing it all is. I'm trying to get through one day at a time and I know for a fact I can never use again. All it takes is that one pill to set me right back at day one again. I just don't have any more day one's in me again!!! I can't go through that again and I know it!!!

Thanks so much C for stopping by. I look forward to more of your updates!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

DAY 11 CLEAN and all is well. Life is so great on this side!!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:19 pm 

What awesome news!!!! Your wedding couldn't be more magical if you were getting married in Disney World!

I'm very relieved for you that the wedding can be this fall!! I know you have a lot to get done in a short amount of time, but you can do it! Delegate where you can and accept offers of help. If I know you, there are probably lots of people lining up to help.

One of the reasons I'm glad for you is that you will then have time to relax and enjoy your pregnancy! It's not always a physically comfortable time in your life, but it is amazing, and I want you to be able to experience it without the added stress of another major event!

10 Days! Yay!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Karen
I ditto everything that everybody else has said.
I am so happy for you. You deserve good things.
Sounds like you are going to be quite busy the next few months.
I'm sure the wedding will be beautiful. And what a guest list, 400 - 500 people. -- WOW!
Maybe you could post a couple pictures here after the wedding. I'm sure everyone here would love to see them.
Take care, and congratulations on everything!

Susie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

400-500 guests?! I'm speechless.. lol. Girl, it took me MONTHS to do a 250 person seating chart. That was one of the most stressful aspects of the whole entire thing. Everyone will want a maybe plus one, but they're not sure until just days before because who knows if so and so breaks up with so and so. You can't begin to imagine all the notes and exceptions people start coming up with. So you never know if you're filling up half tables.

Your best bet is to have an early wedding and HOPE that half of those people can't come. I'm dead serious.. lol You don't need that kind of stress before or after the baby.

Congrats on the location!! I have a ton of pics if you want to see any for inspiration, flowers, tables.. etc. Just let me know. Are you feeling all the craziness inside your belly? Mine is doing all kinds of weird things. It's like there is in alien using my body as a host :) A really sweet, beautiful, alien.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Amy, Tiny, and Susie!

You ladies are all truly awesome! You guys sure do know how to make a girl feel good! :D

Yes, I sure do have my hands full right now with planning, and doing my best to make sure everything is perfect and goes smoothly. But as you said Amy, I have LOTS of help or there is simply no way I could ever get it done. I have my mom of course, many, many friends, my fiancé, and several of his friends all lining up offering their help anyway i need it.

One of my friends came up with a great idea. She suggested that because of the short notice I would be giving everyone about the wedding, to phone each and every person that is going to be invited and give them a head's up, and explain why the fast nuptials. It's a LOT of phone calls, but we all took a certain amount and so far it's working out perfectly?

I have invited 434 friends and family members thus far. I'm sure there will be a few more once my head clears a bit! :D Out of about 300 guests phoned so far, 280 have replied that they will definitely be attending, and the rest saying they most "likely" will be there. No matter how it works out, there is going to be a LOT of people in attendance.

Things are falling into place nicely and so far no problems or issues with anything. As I said, if it were not for the kindness, love, and huge amount of help from others there is no way I could ever get this done by myself. I had no idea the amount of work it took to do this! Everyone that has done it before me has my sincere congratulations! It's flat out WORK!!!! :D And the expense of everything???? WOW!!!!! :shock:

Baby is doing great and I'm feeling energized right now! Don't have time to sit around and wonder if I'm feeling ok or not! LOL. Hey Tiny - I AM feeling a little craziness in my belly right now! Hard to believe I have this little bit of sweetness growing inside of me!!!! I can sure feel it right now! We will be finding out the sex of the baby soon as we have decided to do, and that will be even more exciting I'm sure!

Susie - I will do my best to get some pics up of the wedding and reception. And thank you for all your care and concern too! I hope you are doing well.

Tiny - I hear ya on the stress involved in the seating and everything, but as I said, I have tons of help with EVERYTHING! And like Amy mentioned, We wanted the wedding to take place now and quickly so I could thoroughly relax and enjoy my pregnancy! If I would have waited until spring-summer for the wedding I would have been a real mess I'm sure! I may take you up on your offer to look at your pics too! Thanks!

Amy - your right, no matter how demanding, or uncomfortable I am feeling, I want to thoroughly enjoy every minute of being pregnant! It's already amazing, and as the days go by quickly I find myself getting more and more excited. We're already trying out different baby names and just that detail is overwhelming, but so exciting!

Thanks again so much you guys. i love you gals so much! You have been there for me from day one and I will never forget that either.

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So happy to hear you are energized! I am the opposite, if I could sleep in bed all day, I would. LOL. I heard the 2nd trimester is better..

Yeah, the expenses are crazy. One of the main instructions I had for my florist was about mood. I really wanted a warm room. Initially I wanted candles everywhere, to create a soft, comfortable mood for dinner. She ended up coming up with a great idea that was pretty darn inexpensive. I'll add a pic below. Basically she strung white christmas lights in front of a plain white back drop, at one end of the room. It was like a light waterfall and filled the room with the most amazing, warm, glowing light. It made the room for me, and was probably one of the most inexpensive things we did. Little tricks like that can go a long way. Also, these were our little mini cupcakes instead of a cake. I'm obsessed with cupcakes though, and didn't care to cut a cake, so it worked out perfectly for us. Just some ideas..

So excited for you and happy that you're feeling great.

Attachments:
wedding2.jpg
wedding2.jpg [ 90.61 KiB | Viewed 552 times ]
wedding pic1.jpg
wedding pic1.jpg [ 64.03 KiB | Viewed 552 times ]
wedding cakes.jpg
wedding cakes.jpg [ 25.4 KiB | Viewed 552 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ooh.. you know what else I did? I got a few cheap big wicker baskets and filled them with flip flops for the ladies. You know how much heels hurt! I put them around the dance floor so people could kick off their shoes and get comfy if they wanted. It was a big hit..

I got mine at old navy.. they're only 2.5 a pair.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer wrote:
Ooh.. you know what else I did? I got a few cheap big wicker baskets and filled them with flip flops for the ladies. You know how much heels hurt! I put them around the dance floor so people could kick off their shoes and get comfy if they wanted. It was a big hit..

I got mine at old navy.. they're only 2.5 a pair.

Tiny, you are beyond AWESOME!!!! Those pics are sooo BEAUTIFUL and I can't thank you enough for sharing them with me. I absolutely LOVE the flip flop idea!!! I'm going to be doing that for sure!!! And I truly love the idea of Christmas lights that make it look like the most beautiful and serene waterfall!!! So cool!!! You have an amazing sense of decorating ideas!!!! WOW is all I can say!

My reception will be at one of the most beautiful golf courses ever! It is so beautiful there, and many get in line to have their receptions there. I was extremely lucky and blessed to be able to have mine there! Only a cancellation provided me the opportunity the other day! Guests will have access both inside and out, and pictures on the course I have seen before are truly mesmerizing!!! The only thing I'm worried about is the weather? That time of year can produce nearly any type of weather imaginable and I can only hope and pray I have sunshine and a warm cool breeze!

My friends and family are coming up with lots of time-saving, and penny-pinching ideas themselves! I'm beyond relieved to have them helping me with this!

Thank you doesn't seem like enough to offer you for your help to me Tiny. Just know you are making one excited chick so happy right now!!

Love ya girl,
Karen xoxo

P.S. The cupcake idea is crazy amazing! How cool to think of that! You can be my wedding planner anytime Tiny!!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No problem! Here is a link to order the cheap flip flops. I ordered a random size & color assortment.
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.d ... 9575#close

I got married in september which was fairly safe out here in CA, except for being on the coast. Luckily we were blessed in the weather department because our ceremony was out side. I'm not sure what we would have done if it rained, we had no back up plan. But you're getting married in doors so that is good. Don't stress about the weather. I went to fall wedding on the east coast and it was raining cats and dogs, record breaking inches. It was one of the best weddings I've ever been too. They had some of the most incredible wedding shots I've ever seen, drenched.. in the rain. It was so beautiful and romantic. You'll make the best of the day no matter what is thrown your way. I forget what state you're in..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tiny I love the pics!

What a beautiful reception hall, and the tables and centerpieces were awesome!

Karen, It's so sweet to see you getting so excited and sharing your joy with us!

And the flip-flop idea is the bomb!

Q

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:07 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

This is good. I think we are starting to get some accurate info about tapering and then stopping sub. Django has also now had an ok time with it. Hopefully some of the more realistic stories will start to post about the reality of stopping. Ive now heard a bunch of good stories from people that have actually stopped.
This is exactly what i was looking for and wanted to hear about before i stopped. The stress i had before was just something unnecessary considering it wasnt that bad. We have all been thru 100 times worse.
If anyone was going to have long drawn out wd it would be me. 15-20 yrs of some sort of constant opiate.
I feel we are giving a bit of hope to people that are following us.
Even my Dr, while absolutely lovely and meaning well couldn't offer any realistic opinion on what would happen. Just sort of nods his head and agrees with whatever i say. Nothing against the dr. They just dont really understand. We do now.
Cheers K, Amy.
C.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Everyone!

DAY 12 CLEAN and full steam ahead! Nearly 2 weeks and it doesn't seem possible! I continue to feel great and just really loving life right now! End of long week, but really accomplished quite a bit. Normally look forward to a relaxing weekend, but not this girl, and not at this time! So much to do, and I hope things go as smooth as they have been going.

Tiny - Really girl, thank you so much for sharing the beautiful photos of your reception palace! It was beautifully decorated and I just love the wooden beams in the ceiling along with all the table decorations, flowers, and all the ideas you gave me! The idea of a "lighted waterfall" was awesome! Definitely stealing the flip flop (thanks for the link) suggestion, and even the cupcake one. I'm having my wedding cake, but my mom suggested having cupcakes that look like little miniature wedding cakes! My aunt who makes wedding cakes for a living says that would be no problem, just lots of work. But for ME she is happy to do it as my wedding gift which I happily accept!!! :D One of my friends suggested purchasing those disposable camera's and placing several on each tables for any guest to use that may want their own personal photo's to take with them. I thought that was a great idea! My friends have many other ideas too, but are surprising me with most of them!

I just wanted to thank you again for everything! You are amazing Tiny! And the rest of you ladies aren't too shabby either! Your care, concern, and support will NEVER be forgotten! Thank you all once more!

To date we have 385 firm commitments that will be attending via phone calls. The rest will be phoned this weekend. Sending out the invitations will be for formal reasons, but I honestly expect well over 425 people attending! Also my wedding dress finalizing and fitting is this weekend after narrowing it down from a short list of 3-4 possibilities. So many amazing choices drive a girl nuts!

I hope no one minds me putting this "mushy" stuff on my thread? I know this really isn't the place for it, but doggone it, I just can't help telling you guys things that are happening!!! :lol: I'm sure the men must be rolling their eyes and shaking their heads? :roll: Sorry guys! :wink:

Baby is doing great! I talk to him/her even though my doctor says it will be a few more weeks before the little one can actually begin hearing me! Soon as I know this cutie can hear me for certain, I'm asking what they would like for a name??? :lol: We have a list of boy and girl names, and may as well have the kid tell me what they would like to be called!!! LOL.

Enough rambling I'm sure! Just wanted to really thank all of you for the wonderful support, both with my sub taper, and my upcoming events. I'll be very busy this weekend so probably not here much. I hope everyone has the best weekend ever! Take care and be safe!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Karen
Every time I read your posts it makes me feel happy. I'm actually very excited hearing about all the wedding plans. A lot of good ideas from everybody. I love the waterfall of lights. It's beautiful. And the flip flop idea is awesome. I've never heard of that.
Karen, I just know your wedding will be great. My sister did the disposable camera thing. I definitely think you should do that. And really, send us some pics.
Being married and having children are the two greatest things in the world. These are just about the only decisions I made in my life that I knew were right, and gave me a lifetime of happiness and pride.
I was with the same man for 38 years, and now, my son who is almost 21 gives me so much happiness. Time goes by so fast. Cherish this time right now with your soon to be husband and baby. Before you know it, you'll be looking back and saying where did the time go?
Keep us posted on everything.

Susie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next