It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Today is my 4th day on 1.93mg of Suboxone. I take it once per day when I get up in the morning and that has always worked ok for me peronally. Gonna have to make a decision tomorow morning on whether to remain on this dose a little longer, reduce by another .063mg as I did before, or perhaps just go ahead and make the next dose 1.75mg? Going to have to play it by ear. I do want some kind of steady plan as this is the first time I have been under 2mg of sub.

I'm certainly not going to rush anything either. I'm going to do this right the first time and hopefully only do it once. I'm still convinced small dose reductions is best for ME right now as I was on the sub for so long (nearly 3 years) and taking very high doses (24mgs) for most of that time.

I didn't have any kind of plan reducing from 24mgs down to 2mgs, but I have one now and so far it's working great! I feel good right now and have no reason that won't continue to be the case. A firm committment to being clean, and a positive attitude goes a long way in my opinion.

Taking my time, but can't wait to get down to 1mg of sub. That's my short-term goal for right now. Small goals, small dose reductions is what I will continue to do. And that RX Film Cutting Guide by the member RXFCG was what got me started in this. So happy I found this place and all the wondeful members here!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! :D

Karen
xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on getting under 2mg!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

If I were you, my next reduction would be another .063mg. This is your first time under 2mg, do small drops and build your confidence up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah Romeo, I hear you about making small dose reductions to build up my confidence level. If I were to take the chance of reducing by larger amounts I run the risk of having negative results and possibly suffering a setback which is exactly what I do not want to happen. I'm giving this some serious thought all the way through. And thanks for the congrats.

On a side note has anyone experienced some very real, vivid dreams while on subs, or while detoxing from them? I didn't notice them so much at the higher doses, but now that I'm under the 2mg mark I have had several very real dreams that have me both scared and confused. I have woke up literally shaking they were so real.

Just wondered if this was an isolated incident or others were possibly having them too?

Take care everyone.

Karen
xoxo

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've had some crazy vivid dreams since I've been off of everything. It started probably the 2nd night of detox, before then, I don't remember dreaming at all. I've been moving a lot more in my sleep too, sometimes I wake up in a panic. I'm assuming it's probably all normal and related to the detox.

Hang in there! You're doing great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't remember having any of these kind of dreams while on higher soses of Suboxone either. It wasn't until I got down to 2mg and now below that dose where the dreams are so noticeable. They are down right wicked scary and I'm having them almost every single night. It's getting to the point of me afraid to go to sleep for fear of having more of them.

They aren't the pleasant, happy, fields, streams, and butterflies either, they are very vivd, and very frightening. As I said, I wake up literally shaking and sweating something bad has really happened. Hopefully they will soon pass.

If I could only have dreams of the winning lottery numbers I wouldn't mind that so much! LOL!!! :D

Thanks for your response cstby.

Karen
xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Brown eyed girl!!

congrats on finding a taper plan that works for you! I really believe that the small reductions will be very do-able, and if alot of people have sucsess with that cutting guide technique im gonna have to pony up that 5 bucks lol.

I have pretty much always had vivid life-like dreams on sub...sometimes i wake up believing they are real, and ill be very frightened or happy when i wakw up depending on what type of dream i had. When i first start to fall asleep alot of times i get this sense that im falling or something and it jerks me right awake and ill be terrified. Another thing that sometimes happens is a part of my body will involuntarily jerk on its own for no reason at all, and it wakes me right up. I have a hard time getting back to sleep after this happens even if im exausted to begin with, because i think this "jerk" comes woth an adrenalin rush. It dosent happen every night probably once or twice a week but the vivid dreams happen all the time, but i kind of enjoy tgem because aloy of times i can somehow control what im doing in my dream like its a real life video game or something ..lol.

well just wanted to say good job so far, and i wish you luck with your taper!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Brown Eyed Girl, if I were you I would keep it consistent and reduce by the .063mg small doses. I started dropping .063mg when I got to 2mg and I still feel the same today as I did when I started, and I just got down to 0.875mg today. Woo Hoo! I promise you that if you keep dropping slow and steady, you'll have a better chance at being successful!

My other 2 cents: It has really helped me by splitting my doses into 2 times a day. Spreading out my dose has prevented any withdrawal type symptoms from coming up in the evening and through the night. I value sleep a lot and when I tapered over a year ago, I took 1 dose in the morning and then struggled through the night, so now I take it 2 times a day. It's your body, so feel it out and do what works best for you, it's just my opinion.

Also, I try and stay at each dose for 7 days. I came to 7 days because of the half life of Suboxone. It's not exact, but when I calculated the levels of Suboxone in my system, the .063mg Suboxone dose reduction started to level off at day 7 and therefore I would reduce my dose again to keep the Suboxone levels in my body dropping as gradual and steady as possible. Maybe your Math whiz friend can check my formulas in the Rx Film Taper Chart... ;) Also, the 7 days is exactly a week and it helped me routinely know the day I was going to drop, which is every Wednesday.

I originally planned to drop by lower increments when I got below 1mg, but I haven't needed to because I still feel fine dropping by .063mg each time.

The decision is yours! :D

RXFCG

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
Today is my 4th day on 1.93mg of Suboxone. I take it once per day when I get up in the morning and that has always worked ok for me peronally. Gonna have to make a decision tomorow morning on whether to remain on this dose a little longer, reduce by another .063mg as I did before, or perhaps just go ahead and make the next dose 1.75mg? Going to have to play it by ear. I do want some kind of steady plan as this is the first time I have been under 2mg of sub.

I'm certainly not going to rush anything either. I'm going to do this right the first time and hopefully only do it once. I'm still convinced small dose reductions is best for ME right now as I was on the sub for so long (nearly 3 years) and taking very high doses (24mgs) for most of that time.

I didn't have any kind of plan reducing from 24mgs down to 2mgs, but I have one now and so far it's working great! I feel good right now and have no reason that won't continue to be the case. A firm committment to being clean, and a positive attitude goes a long way in my opinion.

Taking my time, but can't wait to get down to 1mg of sub. That's my short-term goal for right now. Small goals, small dose reductions is what I will continue to do. And that RX Film Cutting Guide by the member RXFCG was what got me started in this. So happy I found this place and all the wondeful members here!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Karen
xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I believe it has to be longer then 7 days to stabilize and weaning there after. Do not forget we have to stabilize mentally and not just psychically. When people stop the sub they tend to first go through pshycal but then comes the mental waves, it is too common that the mental symptoms hit on much further down the line and can stay with us for a while, therefore I believe its ideal to actually hold onto a dose for at least 2 weeks if not longer especially if you are weaning under 1mg.

We might assume we are feeling well after a week which may very well the be the case, and then will continue to wean down, but what we may not figure out is that the half life is still slowly leveling out, this makes us feel decent, so we may make the mistake of feeling decent enough to carry on weaning, and then before you know it we feel some kind of withdrawals, eventually the half life catches up. In my experience it took me around 2 to 3 weeks to actually notice drops, the mental drops, pshycally I was fine, but can you believe I notice the mental affects few weeks after reducing down to a sub dose.

From there I learned to stay on a dose long enough to mentally adjust. Just because you may feel decent in 4 days or 1 week it does not necessarily mean the half life is caught up, the half life is only slowly coming down, but some people mistake that of feeling well enough to carry on tapering..

We must distinguish between pshycal symptoms and mental adjustment. I believe PAWS is mostly mental symptoms, and tapering may have a lot to do with the outcome of PAWS, well in my opinion anyway. So like I advised it is better to be safe then sorry, if someone has been on the subs for a long time now then safer bet is to wait for 2 weeks or so to see if you will notice any symptoms, specially mental symptoms, because these also come into affect way further then pshycal symptoms, that is why I suggest to wait and hold down onto a dose for long as possible..

Let that half life catch up and level out before dropping further, and by that I mean mentally adjusting, the symptoms may include clarity, vision issues, low mood or even happy feelings (sub is a weird substance) but any sort of mind symptoms will be noticeable after a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BeautifulDisaster wrote:
Hey Brown eyed girl!!

congrats on finding a taper plan that works for you! I really believe that the small reductions will be very do-able, and if alot of people have sucsess with that cutting guide technique im gonna have to pony up that 5 bucks lol.

I have pretty much always had vivid life-like dreams on sub...sometimes i wake up believing they are real, and ill be very frightened or happy when i wakw up depending on what type of dream i had. When i first start to fall asleep alot of times i get this sense that im falling or something and it jerks me right awake and ill be terrified. Another thing that sometimes happens is a part of my body will involuntarily jerk on its own for no reason at all, and it wakes me right up. I have a hard time getting back to sleep after this happens even if im exausted to begin with, because i think this "jerk" comes woth an adrenalin rush. It dosent happen every night probably once or twice a week but the vivid dreams happen all the time, but i kind of enjoy tgem because aloy of times i can somehow control what im doing in my dream like its a real life video game or something ..lol.

well just wanted to say good job so far, and i wish you luck with your taper!!

Wow, you can CONTROL some of your dreams? Sure wish I could do that on occasion. I would always be on a beach somewhere watching the waves crash. But all the dreams I'm having right now seem to be of the most horrible variety. I mean nasty, nasty scary things. Like I was falling off a building for example, or I was in the path of a car about to be hit and no matter how hard I tried to run away my feet were stuck to the ground and I couldn't move. And those are 2 examples of the NICER dreams! Most are much, much worse that that and I'll spare everyone the details.!

Hopefully they will pass soon. As I said, I never had them before on higher doses of Suboxone, and I never get the jerks or things like that. But I do wake up shaking and sweating at times scared to even get out of bed.

Thanks for your post and also for wishing me well. I really appreciate that! I wish you all the best yourself!

Karen
xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello RXFCG and Empire. Can't tell you both how much I appreciate your posts. They both opened my eyes wider and the things you both mentioned make so much sense to me. I was prepared to reduce my dose today or maybe tomorrow, but I really do believe that waiting longer on each dose is the way for me to go. After being on the Suboxone for almost 3 years what's another few weeks to get it right. My good friend Romeo says the same exact thing to me too so all of you can't be wrong! LOL.

I really like what you say about the mental aspect to this Empire. And I really do understand what your talking about. This sub REALLY is some very tricky stuff, and the half life always comes into play with it. I could be physically ready to reduce, but mentally I may not be ready at all. Four (4) days may not be enough time to get that half life out of my system between doses, and it probably isn't enough time. I get that completely. Last thing I want is to reduce and then find I should have waited a little bit longer. That would leave me to feel defeated and not what I want at all here.

So on the GREAT advice of all you guys I'm going to wait at LEAST 7 days between dose reductions and go from there. I like the idea of reducing on the same day of the week as you mentioned Empire. That makes it very simple to remember. And if I don't feel 100% stable after that week I will wait longer if I have to. I'm NOT going to rush this, it's much too important to me to do it ONCE and do it RIGHT!!!!

You actually SPLIT your dose RXFCG? Even on these tiny dose amounts? I would think that would be ok at much higher doses, but not necessarily at these very small ones? How in the world do I split up 1.93mg and take it twice a day??? The thought of doing that scares me silly. LOL. I'm sure theres an easy answer to that and if you really believe it would help then maybe I should try it. Honestly I don't feel real bad taking it once per day either. I take it first thing in the morning along with my other viatmins and supplements and forget it until the next day.

Maybe your suggesting to split my dose IF I was having problems or symptoms on any dose? Is that what you mean? That would maybe make more sense to me. So far I'm doing good where I'm at and if I do begin having any kind of issues I will consider splitting my dose up. I'm also going to continue reducing by .063mg as your remarkable RX Film Cutting Guide suggests. That is working perfectly at this point! Congrats to you for getting down to where your at also!

Really, guys, thank you all for taking the time you have to post to me here. Words cannot express how much it means to me that you care enough to take time out of your busy lives to help another struggling addict. This forum is a much better place with all of you here!! Thanks again from the bottom of this girls heart.

UPDATE: Today is day 5 on 1.93mg of Suboxone from a high dose of 24mgs. Been on it almost 3 years and want off badly, but not so bad as to rush anything either. I will remain on this dose for at least 2 more days now and see how I am feeling at that point. I'll decide then whether to reduce or continue for another few days up to another week. I'm doing it guys!!!!

Have an awesome day everyone!

Karen
xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

@ empire:

I definitely understand where you are coming from. I agree that if someone isn't mentally ready to drop their dose within a week, it's beneficial to wait longer until they're ready. Luckily, I've been fine at 1 week increments so far, but I do plan to either drop by smaller amounts or stay at each amount for longer when I get lower. Perhaps below 0.5mg, but I'm going to feel it out. Your mental and physical state is going to be the true indicator of when to drop.

I'll be down to 0.5mg in a little over a month and I'm excited to see I feel at such a low dose. I've never been this low and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

@ Brown eyed girl:

Yes, I've been splitting my dose ever since I got down to 2mg. From 2 to 1mg's, I was using the 8mg films and would have to deal with those small pieces. It wasn't too bad, but it was weird because sometimes it didn't even seem like I was taking anything. A 1mg piece of an 8mg films is about 1/4inch squared and that gets tricky if you have to split that in half. Basically I would take tweezers to work and take my second dose after lunch using them.

Then I decided that 2mg films would be more manageable, so I switched to those at 1mg. Now it actually seems like I'm taking something. Haha.

If you're fine with taking 1 dose a day, then definitely do what feels good for you. If you start to feel symptoms in the evening, then I would suggest splitting doses.

I'm glad you're doing great and staying positive!

RXFCG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WHAT?? You were actually listening to what I said about taking it slow, Brown Eyed Girl.....cool!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
WHAT?? You were actually listening to what I said about taking it slow, Brown Eyed Girl.....cool!! :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah Romeo, I'm listening to you and the others and taking this taper very slow. I admit that I have wanted to rush things to get off the sub quickly, but realize that's not the way to do it now. Slow and steady dose reductions is the way it shall be for me. I hear ya loud and clear! LOL.

Update: Well it was going too well and a few symptoms seem to have jumped up at me last evening and this morning. Not real earth-shattering, but hot/cold sweats, along with tummy problems, headaches, RLS, and lack of sleep. Can't believe a tiny dose reduction of only .063mg is able to do this???? I know the sub is strong, but this is crazy.

Today is my 6th day on a dose of 1.93mg. I was planning on reducing after being on each dose for 7 days, but now I'm not quite sure if I should do that? Guess I will have to wait and see how I feel after tomorrow and then make my decision. I'll take it day by day if I have to.

I also know this stuff can mess with my head too, but these symptoms are very real. But I'm taking these symptoms head on instead of going around them by taking more sub. I won't let this stuff defeat ME!!! Grrrrr I'm taking the stance of getting real mad at the drugs for taking control of my life and fighting back with everything I have in me right now.

I guess you have to take your time with dose reductions, but I also feel you should try and push thru at times also. I mean if I'm going to be feeling terrible why not feel this way clean and off the sub rather than on the sub? I'm just rambling thoughts out now. Not even sure if any of this makes sense right now or not? Sorry guys.

Hope everyone is having a great day today. I wish you all the very best.

Karen
xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi BEG,

Hang in there, you're doing great. If you can push past the initial symptoms that you're now experiencing, you'll even out quickly and stabilize at this new dose. I also chose to split dose which made it easier for me to drop down because I knew, with a little in the after noon or evening, I'd be able to sleep fine, even while tapering. Just keep that in mind if you start having trouble sleeping.. that can often be the hardest part of the whole process, both tapering and jumping.

Congrats on how far you've come! I am also 33 and spent roughly the same amount of time as you on some form of opiate. I know how it feels to be done and want off. There is nothing wrong with staying on suboxone, as someone in this thread has mentioned, if it's working for you. For some of us though, it stops working, and the desire to be off weighs heavily. Wishing you nothing but success! We're all here for you. This Sunday will be 1 year off suboxone for me, and it's been both the hardest and the best year of my life. Hands down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Tiny,

Thank you for the very kind words. Really appreciate you taking the time to post here. And CONGRATULATIONS to you on your upcoming anniversary of 1 year being clean! That is so awesome! Can't imagine how it must feel to be able to make that claim. Hopefully one day if I keep doing all the right things I will be able to make that very same statement. Going to take lots of hard work as I'm sure you are well aware, but I think I'm up for the challenge this time.

I'm doing my best to push through these symptoms and sure hope they pass soon. Feels just like it did when I tried to jump from 2mg each time. I'm hoping everyone is right and they will pass in another day or two.

I hear ya on the split dosing, but I really felt great the first 4-5 days of this reduction. Can't figure out why it's messing with me right now on day 6? If I had been feeling "off" in the late afternoon or evening I would split my dose in a minute, but I wasn't so guess I will keep taking the one dose for now. I do appreciate you mentioning that to me Tiny.

I wish you the very best and hope you continue to add up YEARS of clean time. I also hope you will stop by here again when you get a chance. Would love to hear how your doing. I will try to find your thread and comment to you there too!

Take care Tinydancer and many thanks again. Sure am happy I decided to join here. So many great people like yourself doing their best to help me along my journey. I will get there I'm sure, one day at a time right?

Karen
xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes I was referring to that fact that it is better to wait to see how you will cope mentally before reducing down any further. Anytime people jump off any opiate they will first experience the pshycal side correct? then comes the mental waves, with suboxone or subutex (which I am taking by the way without nalaxone) this tends to be further down the road and can last a while, so I believe it is the same with tapering, first you may notice some pshycal issues, after you have stabilized pshycally then wait for any mental symptoms creep up. Some people mistake the fact since the feel decent pshycally they can carry on weaning down, but they do not figure out that the half life in our receptors is holding out and only slowly coming down, so before the half life life levels out mentally we are already further down in our tapering, so eventually the mental symptoms feel like hitting all at once. In my experience in tapering I use to notice mental drops between 10 days to 3 weeks believe it or not.

I felt stabilized pshycally after 3-7 days, but then few days later the mental symptoms hit from the reduction, so that took me extra few days to few weeks to remedy that. Trust me in the past I use to think since ma pshycally fine I can reduce further, which I did, but later I realized I was out pacing my taper mentally, I knew then that I needed to wait for a while until the mental symptoms creeped up. So all I was suggesting was to wait an extra week to see how you feel mentally, even if you are well pshycally and mentally it is still better to wait an extra week to see how you can cope mentally. I do genuinely believe this is key to tapering down successful.

My plan is to go reduce down to 0.25 and stay there for 2 months, I read this is a good method, this is to give receptors time to adjust to 0.25 and to let the previous doses/half lives to make way. The half lives are not going to level out in a day or 1 week after long term use, specifically at 0.25, so better option for me would to be hold at 0.25 for couple of months, let the half life sink low and lower and level out enough that you only have .25 in your receptors. After that I may go down to 0.125 for couple of weeks, but I am really no sure if that will make any difference or whether there are any affects under 0.25.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Empire,

That really does make perfect sense to me, the physical and mental part of this. I can see where it takes a few days after reducing each dose for the physical symptoms to settle down, and/or go away, but there is usually added time for the mental aspect of the reduction to show itself via the half life coming out. And that must be dealt with too. Yeah, I really do get that, and I do tend to agree with you. I really believe the "perfect" taper, IF there is such a thing, might be to remain on each dose for between 7-14 days or longer, and then reduce again. Yup, makes sense to me all things considered.

My problem is that if I wait for those 7-14 days before I make another dose reduction it would take so much longer than I am willing to wait to get off the Suboxone. I'm only reducing by .063mg doses right now, and if I continue to reduce to zero from the 2mg I began at it would take me another 30-32 dose reductions to get there I figured out tonight. Pretty sure my figures are correct.

And if I wait 1-2 weeks between reductions it would take me between 30-60+ WEEKS to get completely off the Suboxone. I'm just not willing or wanting to wait that long. I want off this stuff much, much sooner than that. So the way I see it I have 2 choices to make. I can either make larger dose reductions to get finished sooner, or take less time between reductions, or both. I just don't want to remain on this sub for another year. I've been on it too long as it is!!!

And if I'm going to be having symptoms along the way, I figure I may as well have them and be completely off the sub. Why suffer all the way down having those symptoms? Just doesn't make sense to me really. Have symptoms on the sub, or have symptoms while adding up the clean days. Hmmmm???

Guess it all boils down to how bad a person really wants off the sub, and how much they are willing to put up with in the way of symptoms? And this girl wants off it bad right now. So once again it looks like another decision is going to be needed. A change in plans. I'm sorry, but reducing by .063mg seems like I'm NEVER going to get off. It's really depressing to me.

I'm going to remain where I am for another day and see how I feel. I'm going to make up a new plan for myself and get off this stuff one way or another. I truly appreciate everyone's thoughts and concerns as you did your very best to give me the best advice and suggestions you have. Every single person here has my very best interest in mind when they advise and I certainly know that. I just have to do what's right for ME in this deal. Hope everyone can understand that? I'm very hard-headed! LOL.

I'm going to re-evaluate my goals, and come up with a new plan as I said. I will continue to update daily my progress and how I'm feeling. Thanks again to everyone here for all the help. You guys are ALL awesome!!! Please don't anyone stop posting. I don't want that to happen, I still needs LOTS of support along the way!

Karen
xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You say you're very hard headed, eh? Well, welcome to the club, most everyone here is pretty hard headed when it came to how they got off Suboxone (maybe not quite as hard headed as you, though. LOL)

As you've said, you have to do what works for you. Keep your taper flexible and always be willing to make adjustments. Adapt and overcome, soldier!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Looks like the forum is up and running and a few changes have been made. Thanks to those in charge for getting it working so quickly!

I've got my new plan figured out now and ready to move forward and get off this sub once and for all. I like to recap often so I was on a high dose of 24mgs for almost 3 years. Reduced that dose to 2mgs, remained there about 2 months, and tried to jump several times and just couldn't do it. After reading here for quite some time I decided to join to get the kind of avice, suggestions, and support I saw others getting. This place is truly awesome! And I made the decision to taper further and get off the Suboxone.

I reduced by .063mg down to 1.93mg and had originally planned to keep reducing by those same reductions until I got down to zero, but it would just take too long, much longer than I am willing to wait. I've been on this 1.93mg dose for 7 days now and will reduce tomorrow morning down to a dose of 1.75mg.

I plan on remaining there for 4-7 days and if all goes well reduce again down to 1.50mg and keep repeating that process. My mind is made up and I will fight thru any symptoms no matter how much they try to get in my head at the time. I'm motivated and firmly committed to this plan, and I WILL make it work for me. I know some will think this to be too agressive, but it's what I want to do for ME at this point.

I'll continue to post updates and let everyone know how I'm doing at all times. Still asking for lots of support along the way guys. I appreciate every single one of you here and value your opinions.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Take care guys.

Karen
xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well I tried to post this a few days ago when I read about your withdrawals, but I couldn't due to the website issues...

"Hey brown eyed girl! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. I also had trouble sleeping last night and felt uncomfortable. I was thinking about taking my morning dose at 3am because I couldn't sleep, but I decided to relax, chug some water and ended up falling asleep again. Last night and a couple nights ago have been the only two night I have had trouble sleeping. Perhaps I need to start lengthening out my doses or drop by smaller amounts, but I'm going to see how the weekend goes and decide then.

I wanted to suggest getting some Immodium AD and Aleve. Those have helped me with the symptoms you had (tummy issues/headaches). I would take about 4 each and that would definitely do the trick. I always feel a little guilty about taking more pills to make myself feel better, but at least they're not addictive! Those are pretty common OTC remedies I've read about in the forums and wanted to inform you if you weren't already aware."

Today, I read your most recent post and thats a bummer that the withdrawals were that bad to discourage your current plan. I never had anything that bad and that's why I like dropping by such small amounts. How long did you experience the withdrawals for?

The small doses do definitely drag out your time on Suboxone. The reward for that is no withdrawals as you gradual drop your dose, but that apparently didn't work for you. :( I started dropping in the spring and I can say the time does go by quick, but everyone has a different timeline. I luckily had a nice stockpile of films from always getting more than I took, that I can taper and not worry about running out.

Well I wish you would stick with your current plan because it's been successful for me, but everyone is different. I hope whatever you try to do next, it works out for you!

I'll keep checking back to see how you're doing! Good luck!

RXFCG

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next