It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey does any one have trouble starting a flow of urine while their on subxone meaing like take a couple of secs to get a stream of urine out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yup. Totally normal side-effect. Plus it's dark yellow. I'm 34 and feel like I'm 74 when it comes to going to the b/room. I think it says something about this problem in the phamplet you get with your med.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, I had the same issue and usually a weak stream too. Getting the bladder fully empty seemed a challenge as well.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Come on..........
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:45 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Wasn't it also tough to pee while on your opiate of choice , it sure was for me. Sometimes i'd stand for minutes and minutes .... but I really did'nt care

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I did a cursory search about opiates and urine flow. I didn't find anything to support the theory that suboxone or any other opiate affects it. HOWEVER, like I said, it was only a cursory search. With that said, I did find the following article on Dr. J's blog, although it doesn't discuss urine flow.

Here's the blog post: http://suboxonetalkzone.com/2008/11/11/ ... urination/

If it were me, I would see a urologist just to rule out any other condition. But that's just me. Hope this helps.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just spent 5 minutes googling this topic and found quite a few sites that mention this same problem with opiates including Suboxone. When I was on methadone or H, I would have to sit down like a woman just to pee. If I didn't, I would just zone out standing over the toilet bowl. Funny thing is, when I told other guys about this, they said they had to do the same thing. I'm only 34 and they are either the same age as me or younger, so I don't think we could all have the bad luck of having a bad prostate. Seems to be somewhat common from what I've read or experienced. Plus, when I got onto my DOC, I was in my late teens and had the same problem, though Suboxone, for ME now, doesn't seem to do it to me as much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:17 pm 
Hey!! I have that problem and im in my 18th month of subutex. Its gotten easier and easier to manage throughout the 18 months but their in the beginning i was having to sit down to pee also. However, that was nothing new to me cuz it would always happen to me when i was taking methadone also(my DOC). The only thing that is happening now is, i am able to pee fairly easy standing up but i feel like i have to pee all the time. Its crazy but its something im willing to deal with because active addiction is much worse and i never wanna go back to using. Anyways, hope this helps. Your definitely not alone. ~PEACE~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

To each his/her own, but for me to get over sitting when I had to go, ( I got into that habit for years), I would stand like normal but pretend I was in the shower, (no, I don't go in the shower,lol) :wink: ,and lean back like the water was hitting me in the head/face/chest, and that would get me started. After a while, things got back to normal when I did this, but I still do have trouble starting sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:02 pm 
I have this same problem too. The worst part of this problem for me is that I am on probation and get drug tested every monday and the probation officer stands in the bathroom and watches you. The suboxone makes it hard enough to go but add on top of that the anxiety of a guy standing there watching you and I end up standing at the toilet trying to go for like 20 minutes sometimes. Its so embarrassing and nerve racking because if you cant go you have to stay there until you can. Sometimes I wanna just turn around a yell "dude GTFO and stop watching me and I'll be able to go"