Post subject: Trouble posting!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

[font=Arial] [/font]

[code]
[code]

Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

For some reason I have a lot of trouble posting. Almost every time I try to post, I get this message saying No post mode specified. I always make sure I copy my message or I would lose it every time. So, I have to go back, and paste my message back in, then try different things, like selcting different "code" selections or checking off different boxes at the bottom, but so far there has not been one thing that has made a difference. I just keep trying and usually one the third or fourth time I try, the message will finally go through.

This is a real pain, especially if I do not have a lot of time, and have to mess around with all of this. So, if anyone has any idea of what I am doing wrong or what I can do differently, please let me know,

Now, I wonder how many times it's going to take for this message to finally go through..........
Ginger[/code]

one try
second try...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'll look into this, but maybe we can talk sometime. I haven't heard anyone else report problems but keep me posted ok?

Jim

Post subject: still not working
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:03 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Jim,

Thanks for responding! I don't know if it makes any difference that I'm from Canada. I also live out in the country and only have dial up, so not sure if that has any effect.

So, I try different things and then I end up with all these code messages on my posts. People must think I'm really weird because most of my posts have code things on them.

Anyway, my post do eventually go, it's just a pain having to try 2, 3, 4 times before it does. If you think of anything let me know.

Also, I have to have at least one of the boxes below checked before they will post.

Thanks for looking in to this for me,

Ginger

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Issues Posting
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

ginger61 - Well guess what I do for a living.... Network Admin... :roll: What type of browser and operating system are you using? I'm assuming you are using a flavor of Windows..XP, Vista....I'm currently running Windows 7. I had some issues when I would hit "submit" and my message would just disappear... I think my session times out though. Sometimes I'm busy and leave my post sitting there and then an hour later finish it up and then submit...This is when I noticed I have issues.. Like you I always copy my message too prior to sumitting just incase. Let me know and I'll try and get back to you quickly...

Post subject: posting
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Super,

Thanks so much for the reply. I really hope I can figure this out because it is extremely annoying and sometimes i don't even bother to post if I don't have a lot of time. I've also lost several posts because I didn't copy it before I tried posting it.

I am using Google Chrome and Windows XP. This is a new laptop and I was considering loading Windows 7, maybe that would help?

Let me know what you think or would I should try. I have never run across this problem in any other forum, just here.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond and offer your help!

Ginger

Post subject: Internet Explorer 8
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ginger61 - Ahhh, Google Chrome...that very well could be the problem. The first step in troubleshooting this I would use another web browser. Preferably one from Microsoft like Internet Explorer 7 or even Internet Explorer 8 which is the latest version. Use Internet Explorer for a bit and see if you have any issues..... Windows XP and Windows 7 both can utilize Internet Explorer 8. So installing Windows 7 is not necessary unless you simply want the new operating system.

If other users are using Google Chrome successfully with this web site that would be nice to know. Some browsers are not compatible with certain controls a web site may use.... Most web sites are generally "Internet Explorer" compatible as that is the most widely used browser. With that said, Internet Explorer's security is rather tight and some people don't like using this browser for that reason. Me personally, I stick with Microsoft products but that's just my opinion.

Keep me posted... SuperBuper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Chrome tends to be a bit buggy with PHP. I'd recommend switching to either Firefox or Internet Explorer for this site.

OH, and I run an I.T. department, and develop web sites for a living 8)

Although I'm mostly an ASP.NET guy. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ASP.NET? *cringe* PHP is the way to go!

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

junkie781 - thanks for the info.... I don't run an IT department but I do work for a company that handles outsourced IT... We have about 35 contract clients so I get to wrap my hands around these networks... I love every minute of my job. The experience I'm getting is incredible...I'm not just stuck with one network....Which can be stressful!!! The company is also family owned and the MGMT is family oriented which is a huge plus as I have kids... Anyways..Nice to know you are in the same field...

SuperBuper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I increased the post time from 1 hour to 2 hours.. Some were complaining they had logged out while writing a post.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ginger61 - haven't heard from you in regards to this topic. How's it going?

Jamez - Thanks for changing the time out period to two hours....that should help out quite a bit.

SuperBuper

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

[align=justify][code][/code]

Hi there,

Thanks so much for checking on this for me. I am using Internet Explorer today, but have not actually tested it yet. I tried Firefox last night because I had it but I was still having the same problems, actually it seemed to get worse.

I am also wondering if because this is my work laptop if they have some firewall up on forums or chatrooms. I am a teacher that works for the Government in Canada, so I suppose that is possible. It's not like anyone ever checks anything becausse I am running it through my own dial up internet, which could also be causing difficulties. I often lose my connection.

So, will keep trying different things, but thanks again for your support.

Let's hope this posts, and without all these weird code messages,

Ginger

Last edited by ginger61 on Sat May 22, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: still problems
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

[align=justify][code]

okay,problemnot solved,tookme three time to post the last message and still getting "code" messages on my posts, UGH! I was really hoping to get this figured out so I could join the online chat on Monday night, but still problems.

Let me know if you think of anything else,

thanks again,
Ginger

Post subject: Posting
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ginger61 - Hey there.. Are you typing your messages in Word or some other editor and then pasting them into the forum? If not, do you have another PC in your house to see if you have the same exact issue...? Let me know.

Thanks, SuperBuper